Redwolf VS. US Customs

Mikeydog

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
referring to the title: please spell losers correctly, it's really annoying

If you are going to correct me at least do it correctly. The word is loses "Redwolf Loses" not "Redwolf losers" that doesn't make much sense does it.. Plus I can't edit the post anymore.. You can only edit a post for about 30 minutes or so after posting so you will just have to deal with my lack of education

They can special order items too ya know. I believe they resell from redwolf, I asked them about the seizures they said customs hasn't given them problems and they got all their orders in the past few days so far.

What about WGC? dont they order from the UK, and would their stuff get confiscated?

You know, wouldn't be better if Airsoft guns be alreasy treated as a firearm when shipping them? For example, if you have an airsoft gun you bought from Japan/HK and you bring it to the US, you would go through the Airport customs to declare it as a Firearm and it will be treated as a firearm. I believe if it was done in the same manner for airsoft it might be a good idea. Or if it would be treated as an Pellet Gun/Air Rifle. If there is a way to track the buyers then that will also limit those who are underage to own an airsoft gun, make sure the ID of the permit matches the person buying the gun and using it, blacklist people who have commited crimes with airsoft guns, and have airsoft customers to be treated as with buying a real firearm.

Dear all,

Thanks for your additional questions.

Warhead, kindly email our service rep in charge of this specific FEDEX issue at customs@redwolfairsoft.com and he can assist you on your order. I need to see the contents of your order before I can explain why we used FEDEX to ship to you. FEDEX is only challenging certain types of airsoft guns in the way they are treated. So I need your order number to understand your specific case. I look foward to receiving your email.

As for why these problems are occuring for certain customers : customs agents sit at certain locations and wield influence on their specific stations, so not all locations have the same problems. For example, the customs agents sitting at the FEDEX Achorage location may have a very different view on airsoft than the customs agent sitting in Oakland, and vice versa. Given how the law on airsoft can be interpreted in many different ways (especially what is considered "permanent"), this is going to be an ongoing concern for us importers. It's through experience and trial-&-error that we determine WHICH shipper is the safest for WHICH destination. It's more of an art than a science since customs agents move around a lot, so one "safe" location may not be safe the next month. But however we do this, we always keep price in mind and try to keep shipping costs low for you (as customers) by choosing the most reliable and cost-effective carrier as possible. We also aim to comply with US Federal law to avoid these kinds of problems. For the record, we NEVER encourage customers to remove the orange barrel tip unless you are using the gun for theatrical purposes. Taking an airsoft gun out into the public without a red barrel tip is illegal and unsafe!

With regards to the current situation, we are working with FEDEX now to determine what they require from us for smooth entry. But for all customers who are continuing to make purchases from us, we will ship airsoft guns to you through other channels which have proven reliable.

Once again, for customers who have made orders with us already and are affected by this current FEDEX customs issue, we will resend your order to you AS SOON AS possible. If for some reason we are not able to resend your order (either because the package was never returned to us nor do we have spare inventory of the product available to send out to you), we will refund your money in full.

And for the question asking whether this will end all imports from Hong Kong dealers or RedWolf in particular, rest assured that this same thing happens every year during certain times so it's nothing new. This same situation has occurred for all other leading shipping companies including UPS, Airborne, TNT, etc. Often times the situation will improve after some adjustments in the way we handle the red tips or trademarks. So this will pass.

CUSTOMERS WHO ARE CALLED BY FEDEX ABOUT YOUR SHIPMENT:

If you have purchased from RedWolf and are contacted by FEDEX and told that your order is denied entry, please instruct FEDEX to "return the package to sender". Your approval is needed for this to happen and to help us so that we can reship your order out to you via a different means.

If you need immediate help on an order that has experienced this FEDEX blockage, please email service@redwolfairsoft.com with your order number in the subject line.

Thank you once again for giving me the opportunity to explain this.

PS: Airsoft guns are 100% legal in Hong Kong. We do not require a red tip here, nor do we need to remove trademarks. Real guns are 100% ILLEGAL here. Hong Kong was a British Colony up until 1997. As such, our laws are VERY similar to the UK commonwealth law. It is only recently that the UK has looked to ban airsoft. If we were still a British colony, I'm sure we would have met with the same fate!

Hey guys, I ordered from WGC Shop and I just got this message...

Item Number 

EE721032396HK 

Destination                            Delivery Status                Event Date

United States of America  Arrived and is being processed.  25-May

What does "Arrived and is being proccessed" mean?

:headbutt: It means it has arived in country and is being processed by customs.

Hey guys, I ordered from WGC Shop and I just got this message...

Item Number 

EE721032396HK 

Destination                            Delivery Status                Event Date

United States of America  Arrived and is being processed.  25-May

What does "Arrived and is being proccessed" mean?

1st off this entire post is about Orders Shipped FROM RedWolf

2nd off this entire post is items shipped using FedEX

3rd off this post is about orders that have guns in them, does your order have a gun in it or just parts..

I would just hold tight and wait a day or two and see what happens, I'm sure it will come through.

Thank you once again RedWolf for your reassurance. I can guarantee I will continue to order from your store with this kind of dedicated customer support.

The funniest thing about this whole thing is something RedWolf brought up, it's not necessarily about the law or breaking or enforcing it, it's who is sitting at that desk at the time when the package comes through. As I have said many times in this post, right now in Oakland they don't care if a gun shipped by Redwolf through fedex meets the guidelines of the law or not. They are flexing their muscle and making a point which doesn't seem very lawful. Imagine a cop who knows you speed a lot but never catches you, then one day he pulls you over and gives you a ticket just because he knows you have sped in the past or will in the future. Not very cool or legal.

actually i think firearms are ILLEGAL in Japan but not Hong Kong.

Yes, as long as you have the proper licenses (which are like hell to get) you can own real firearms in Hong Kong. Unlike what Redwolf said, it's not 100% illegal, and there has been instances of people getting arrested for transportation of firearms only to learn that the driver had the proper licenses.

Whereas in Japan, that's totally illegal.

http://www.performanceairsoft.com is great too. They only cover the trademarks with tinfoil and their US based. They also have some of the cheapest US prices.

Well when I got my desert eagle from them, it took about a month to finally get to my house :angry: They are cheap, and have some exclusive items, but customer service was horrible. They are making it better, supposedly.

So it might not get seized? Could I get lucky?

Have you followed anything that's been said here up 'til now? Sometimes orders get screwed up. Sometimes there are delays. It's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean that the place you're ordering from is skeezy or Santa doesn't love you. It means s*** happens. Yes, your package could arrive just fine. No, you probably won't get lucky.

Dear all,

Thanks for your additional questions.

Warhead, kindly email our service rep in charge of this specific FEDEX issue at customs@redwolfairsoft.com and he can assist you on your order.  I need to see the contents of your order before I can explain why we used FEDEX to ship to you.  FEDEX is only challenging certain types of airsoft guns in the way they are treated.  So I need your order number to understand your specific case.  I look foward to receiving your email.

As for why these problems are occuring for certain customers :  customs agents sit at certain locations and wield influence on their specific stations, so not all locations have the same problems. For example, the customs agents sitting at the FEDEX Achorage location may have a very different view on airsoft than the customs agent sitting in Oakland, and vice versa.  Given how the law on airsoft can be interpreted in many different ways (especially what is considered "permanent"), this is going to be an ongoing concern for us importers. It's through experience and trial-&-error that we determine WHICH shipper is the safest for WHICH destination. It's more of an art than a science since customs agents move around a lot, so one "safe" location may not be safe the next month. But however we do this, we always keep price in mind and try to keep shipping costs low for you (as customers) by choosing the most reliable and cost-effective carrier as possible.  We also aim to comply with US Federal law to avoid these kinds of problems.  For the record, we NEVER encourage customers to remove the orange barrel tip unless you are using the gun for theatrical purposes.  Taking an airsoft gun out into the public without a red barrel tip is illegal and unsafe!

With regards to the current situation, we are working with FEDEX now to determine what they require from us for smooth entry. But for all customers who are continuing to make purchases from us, we will ship airsoft guns to you through other channels which have proven reliable.

Once again, for customers who have made orders with us already and are affected by this current FEDEX customs issue, we will resend your order to you AS SOON AS possible. If for some reason we are not able to resend your order (either because the package was never returned to us nor do we have spare inventory of the product available to send out to you), we will refund your money in full.

And for the question asking whether this will end all imports from Hong Kong dealers or RedWolf in particular, rest assured that this same thing happens every year during certain times so it's nothing new.  This same situation has occurred for all other leading shipping companies including UPS, Airborne, TNT, etc.  Often times the situation will improve after some adjustments in the way we handle the red tips or trademarks.  So this will pass.

CUSTOMERS WHO ARE CALLED BY FEDEX ABOUT YOUR SHIPMENT:

If you have purchased from RedWolf and are contacted by FEDEX and told that your order is denied entry, please instruct FEDEX to "return the package to sender". Your approval is needed for this to happen and to help us so that we can reship your order out to you via a different means.

If you need immediate help on an order that has experienced this FEDEX blockage, please email service@redwolfairsoft.com with your order number in the subject line.

Thank you once again for giving me the opportunity to explain this.

PS: Airsoft guns are 100% legal in Hong Kong.  We do not require a red tip here, nor do we need to remove trademarks.  Real guns are 100% ILLEGAL here.  Hong Kong was a British Colony up until 1997.  As such, our laws are VERY similar to the UK commonwealth law.  It is only recently that the UK has looked to ban airsoft.  If we were still a British colony, I'm sure we would have met with the same fate!

Done. I will be awaiting your reply.

Well as an update, my order of parts made it and was delivered today, Sunday.. It was just M14 parts and Mags and stuff. It did come from Redwolf and went through Oakland, but came via SpeedPost or something. And of course there was no gun in it. So Parts, and accessories are making it just fine..

Thanks

Mike

I just noticed this thread and I thought I would share some problems I'm having.

I ordered about $6000 dollars worth of AEG's from UNCompany in Hong Kong. The shipment was sent in 4 boxes in sets of 2 boxes per shipment via DHL. This was about 3 weeks ago.

The first set of packages was shipped then about 4 days later I a second set was shipped.

The second set of packages came right threw US Customs and DHL delivered them with no hold up or inspection but the first set sent is still in US Customs.

I really feel like DHL is jerking me around big time here. First the package was cleared then US Customs yanked it back. Then it was cleared again 2 days later but that turned out to be a DHL mistake in the system. Then it was finally cleared for a third time and they told me I would have it last week but still nothing and the package hasnt shown any new activitey in 10 days on DHL's webpage.

They keep telling me its stuck inside of the US Customs / USDA caged area but thats all they know.

When I ask for a number to contact US Customs directly, they say they CAN'T give me this number and I have to find it on my own if I want it.

Anyone have any thoughts here? How do you go about finding a phone number for US Customs located in a certain area? Is there a home page with contact numbers for them where I might be able to get the number to a certain Customs location because DHL is a *fruitcage* joke and those asshats are not telling me *beep*.

O yeah and 3 of the M14's that came in the set of packages I got had NO orange on them. All the rest did but they somehow missed these 3 guns.

I have a 4th M14 in these other held up packages too and I'm guessing it wont have orange either :(

Archived