15 year old arrested with air gun

gunlady

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it literally means "throw the book at him".

The only thing is, the book is the waterproof toddler version of "The Hungry Caterpillar".

Of course, if you did "throw the book at him" you'd end up getting 18 months while he'd be sent off to Spain for 2 weeks, all expenses paid, to recover from his ordeal :angry:

Did anyone see the supsected car thief that climbed up onto the roof of a house and started throwing bricks at Police and passers by? They had to send him up a KFC to "protect his human rights".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glouces...ire/5050964.stm

RIDICULOUS! :angry:

I have been hunting since I was 12, and have been able to hunt by myself for some time, and I have never had a problem.  What appears to me is that this is a heart and head matter, not a "If I can get a gun I will use it to hurt someone" matter.  If someone is going to do something bad, they will, no matter what the law says.

Cheers!

Crispin1025

Hi Crispin,

I am sure you are a very sensible young man. Most who use guns are, it's just a tiny few who are stupid enough to cause these kinds of problems.

It bear out my attitude that if people are shown and indeed taught how to handle and use guns properly instead of them being made illegal and younger people forbidden to use them, many of these incidents wouldn't happen.

There are always going to be people who do stupid things, but the authorities should be able to distinguish this and not penalise everybody.

Proper outlets and face-to-face sales may be one way around it, or guns sold from skirmish sites for instance where the people buying are far more likely to be enthusiasts than chavs (I found out what that means now...)

Market (car boot and such) trading & sales should also be banned.

Gunlady

whilst this is an utterly stupid incident and the little twit who perpetrated it needs to be cast into the seven pits of hell for a while as punishment, it did make me chuckle when it came up on the news.

My reasoning being:

It once again shows the complete ineptitude of the VCRB in so far as that whilst they are planning on banning the sale (blah blah blah) of RIF's, the humble airgun is being left well alone and as has just been proven a small rampage with such an item can hospitalise a number of people in a short space of time.

Had this been done with your trusty TM M4, these three people would have been commenting on how nasty the Mosquito bites are at this time of year.

No doubt the media will blur the edges and turn this into just another 'crazy gun nut goes on killing spree' type incident which in the grand scheme of things cannot be good news, but this coupled with the latest spate of shootings that have occured using real (and Illegal) firearms goes to show that the government are actually barking up the wrong tree but thats an issue that they cannot or will not admit.

Hi The Chef,

Hear, hear, I'm with you on this.

Amnesties for knives will never do any good either, the ones that want to use one aren't likely to hand theirs in.

The same goes for guns. Banning airsoft will certainly make no difference to gun crime. Who, in their right mind would go into a bank to hold it up with an aeg! Or indeed any airsoft replica. These people are hardened crims and will have real steel and illegal real steel at that. They will be outside the VCR net.

Gunlady

i have two air rifles and i have had one since i was 11. my parents thought it was best that i had one of my own because i live in the country and most of my older friends had one so they thought it best that they taught mr how to use one responcibaly (if that makes any sence) they are very easy to get hold of, i know a lot of ''toy shops'' that sell them, all bet it they are rubbish, but it is still an air rifle!

this really makes me mad that people are willing to jepodise other peoples hobbies (not to menshion their own lives!) because they thought it would be funny no doubt.

a the term chav has been used for at least 6 years now and it means 'Cheltenham Average'' chavs are simular to pikies or townies for any one that was wondering!

they look like this

soap

Hi soap,

You are living proof of my theory that if shown how to handle weapons safely and properly that person gains respect for said weapon.

Your parents did the right thing. They brought a gun out into the open instead of trying to pretend they didn't exist and that having one would mean you grew up into a gun toting lunatic.

You didn't, and therin is the proof of the pudding.

Gunlady

Did they lace it with sedatives? That's standard operating procedure for when food is given to to terrorists by CTs.

Funnily enough, he did sleep afterwards. Probably exhausted after running from the Police and hurling all those bricks. I'm suprised he's not suing the house owner due to getting RSI :huh:
Chav apparently has many roots. Down here it is Council House Area Vermin but the true origin in from the Romanie word "chavvie" (I think thats how its spelt) which means child.

I live in a council house, but that didn't turn me into a gun wielding twit.

It's down to education, especially on guns.

Gunlady

How would you ban that sort of sale, though? I mean, look at how (un)successful anti-counter-feiting measures put in place by law enforcement are at keeping people in New York from buying replica gucci stuff.

Hi Jagdraben,

The VCR (Violent Crimes Reduction) Bill is on its second reading now and once that is passed as law here in the UK it should stop, in theory, the sale of replica guns.

It will not however prevent the sale of air guns!

Now you can see the logic of this government in all its glory!

All true airsoft enthusiasts will not be able to continue their hobby with new equipment as it comes on the market. A very sad day for this hobby/sport.

Gunlady

Making crappy "Anti-Terror" or "Crime reduction" bills... pfft, we all know...

Hi chunK,

Yeah, we all know about guns laws....

People aren't supposed to be able to buy firearms without an FAC, but the crimes committed with them are usually with unlicenced guns.

So much for that.

Banning airsoft sales isn't going to stop gun crime, it may actually increase it.

The government have their heads in the sand.

Gunlady

Hi Jagdraben,

The VCR (Violent Crimes Reduction) Bill is on its second reading now and once that is passed as law here in the UK it should stop, in theory, the sale of replica guns.

It will not however prevent the sale of air guns!

Now you can see the logic of this government in all its glory!

All true airsoft enthusiasts will not be able to continue their hobby with new equipment as it comes on the market. A very sad day for this hobby/sport.

Gunlady

Once it's passed? You act like it's inevitable. Defeatist!

And I'm sadly aware of the logic of far too many governments. Or the lack thereof.

That and there are ways around it. Probably would consist of the importer having the gun broken down into parts, selling them as parts, and then assembling them for the customer. That could lead to some pretty freaky-cool conversions, though....

Oh man, I can't seem to find that video with some chav taking a cell phone video of his friend happy slapping some random irish (?) visitor. It was hilarious, the rage and confusion was priceless; "WHAT THE F***!?" and he runs up and slugs him with all his weight. I think someone claimed it was faked, but hiliarious none the less.

Of course, if you did "throw the book at him" you'd end up getting 18 months while he'd be sent off to Spain for 2 weeks, all expenses paid, to recover from his ordeal  :angry:

Did anyone see the supsected car thief that climbed up onto the roof of a house and started throwing bricks at Police and passers by? They had to send him up a KFC to "protect his human rights".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glouces...ire/5050964.stm

RIDICULOUS!  :angry:

I think you'll find the "human rights" bit was added by the journalist.

Until the guy was in custardy the police had no responsibility over him.

However, giving the guy some food, including 2ltrs of pepsi did manage to get him down sooner and with no risk to the public or the police (think how much you'd need to pee if you'd drunk 2ltrs of pepsi while on the roof of a building!) which in turn saves the public money.

Of course now I'm waiting for Cherie Blair to come along and sue the police on his behalf for forcing him to eat a KFC, which some might say is cruel and unusual punishment!

4 people? What was their involvement then I wonder? Maybe they either gave him the weapon or encouraged him to do it or something like that...

Hi CobaltSky,

Don't know any more than that, so I cannot speculate. Maybe the parents, a brother, who knows. Maybe even a shop owner.

But until the media comes out with more details it's not worth it.

Incidentally, if you used an i instead of a y at the end of your name it could be very Russian!

Gunlady

That and there are ways around it. Probably would consist of the importer having the gun broken down into parts, selling them as parts, and then assembling them for the customer. That could lead to some pretty freaky-cool conversions, though....

Technically that would be manufacture, and I'm fairly sure the vcrb covers that pretty well :(

Archived