First ever US-based Airsoft Convention!

aeroduro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is the Expo in California? are you guys serious?

Because we have one of the largest airsoft communities in the nation.

we also have Airsoft Extreme who now has 4 retail stores in addition to their online store.

we (NorCAL folks) also get to play in Fort Ord military base. .

we also get alot of support and training seminars from local law enforcement

outside of airsoft, why does everyone want to come to work or live in CA? Cuz there's money to be made here. . just as your ol' pappy said when he moved to CA to get some gold!!!

Where there's money, there's opportunity. . .you won't find that in Michigan(not bagging on them specifically, just an ex). . I mean, what is Michigan really known for? Whirlpool washing machines? Maybe the largest automotive industry. . not much else. .snow, ice. . . .mostly factory workers. . .

CA may have alot of freakn tree huggn SOBs running the legislature and such. . but I'm damn proud to live in state so rich in "resources".

Just remember, there WILL be another Airsoft Expo in another state. . but if it wasn't up to John Lu, there wouldn't be an Expo. I doubt any other state would have the resources to set another one up (without the aid of Calfornians). Otherwise, there would've been one by now, right?

again, I'm not out to bag on anyone. . just sighting examples. . .some of guys are just so incredibly clueless on why CA is such a great place to live in.

• 2 weeks later...
why is the Expo in California? are you guys serious?

Because we have one of the largest airsoft communities in the nation.

we also have Airsoft Extreme who now has 4 retail stores in addition to their online store.

we (NorCAL folks)  also get to play in Fort Ord military base. .

we also get alot of support and training seminars from local law enforcement

<SNIP SNIP>

Just remember, there WILL be another Airsoft Expo in another state. . but if it wasn't up to John Lu, there wouldn't be an Expo. I doubt any other state would have the resources to set another one up (without the aid of Calfornians). Otherwise, there would've been one by now, right?

again, I'm not out to bag on anyone. . just sighting examples. . .some of guys are just so incredibly clueless on why CA is such a great place to live in.

CA does have a huge airsoft community. I have two stores withing 20 minutes of home and 4 stores within 2 hours. CA is big on airsoft because it does have the money, and most importantly, it has a huge Asian community. In case anyone failed to notice, airsoft did get started on the other side of the Pacific Rim and has migrated nicely to this side. In addition, we have lots of nice weather. We can happily use gas guns year round. We have forests, mountains, deserts, and scads of decommed military facilities. Local police and military personnel are involved as well.

Anyone who feels his or her state has such a strong community should set up an expo. It'll likely do quite well. This state was an obvious choice for the first AS Convention.

BTW, I plan to attend this one, if for nothing else than the Classic Army displays. Hopefully they'll be offering prizes for the most CA33s destroyed due to manufacturing defects. I've got an edge in that competition.

Oh, and Emo: http://www.fourfa.com/

I really wish i could afford the cost of airfare so that i could attend this expo.

Does anyone have a list of manufacturers that will be attending? I suppose i should go check out the site, im sure there might be something there.

• 2 months later...
I really wish i could afford the cost of airfare so that i could attend this expo.

Does anyone have a list of manufacturers that will be attending?  I suppose i should go check out the site, im sure there might be something there.

The major contributors are: Airsoft Elite, Classic Army, Airsoft Extreme, Excel and it's a high possibility that JT/Oakley will be there.. ARMS, Combat, etc of Japan will also be covering the expo.

Retailers are: SOCAL, Combat Airsoft, Tsunami, Hobbytown, Jungletoy, Airsoft GI, Epic, LEC? , WCWC? , Steelhawk?. .something like that. .

Out of 22 booths. . 13 booths are filled. . so there is definitely more room for retailers ,etc.

I'll be debuting my new business in the booth as well.

www.mouseholeairsoft.com The Mousehole Custom Airsoft Studio

(please excuse my site. . when I get done with it, it will be nothing like it is now)

My shipments will be coming in shortly and I will have a decent variety of products available for the show as well as several custom gbbs/ aegs, rare/limited, classics, etc.

Archived