First ever US-based Airsoft Convention!

aeroduro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
err why would it say US AIRSOFT EXPO if it were in Canada?  *knocks on your skulls* hellooo? anyone in there?  :P

this should turn out to be pretty cool.  i like the idea of having shooting tunnels. maybe there will be some good prices on stuff :)

If it were in Canada, why would they say it was in California. HELLOOO *knocks on aeroduro's skull* that's the point they were trying to make! Albeit they were wrong.

I could maybe understand your point if it didn't say across the top of their website in gigantic letters USAExpo with a picture of an American flag, and if the name of the website wasn't "USairsoftexpo.com" , and if on the Location page it didn't say anything about being 45 minutes from the Los Angeles airport, etc etc etc. Kinda obvious, I think.

Anyway, this is all beside the point. Lets get back on topic. ;)

Anyone know a really good reason to go to this.....

Keep in mind it is also in connection with "a weekend of heroes" dragon figure convention and their layout has no mention of airsoft expo.....

So I ask ....is it worth it to go since the majority of it will be dragon figure related....

All that it seems to be is just a small corner of airsoft and maybe some speakers.

the rest is wholly slated to the other part of the convention....

so someone about to drop 500-600 on tickets,hotels,rental cars wants to know :-)

m4 owners are the emo kids of the airsoft world. they love to tell themselves how different they are, when there are really thousands just. like. them.

Aww come on! Ill soon own three colt variants (two M4s, one M733 thing with a solid stock) and Im not emo!!! ::runs off whining whilst listening to Linkin Park and other emo bands::

On a more serious note, I dont care what other people have. I mean, who else has taken an M16A2, turned it into an M16A3 (?), then into an M733 with crane stock and flat top receiver (whatever the gun is called), and then into an M733 with a solid stock?

Meh, oh well =] I have 6 magazines for the M4 and lots of parts for it, so getting another gun would require the buying of more magazines and accessories! That is what my Dad is for (he uses the AKs and the MP5K).

[EDIT] I forgot to post something relevent to the topic...

We definitely need a convention in the south, especially around the Georgia area or the Florida area. SOMEONE START ONE!!!

About the retailers, I know that Classic Army is going to be there, sponsoring one of the shooting tunnels (so I guess we get to try out alot of their guns) there are also plenty of tables and 4 total shooting tunnels, and there's going to be a cqb game apparently?

This expo is organized by the same guy, John Lu that runs and orgainzes OP: LION CLAWS, OP: IRENE, and OP: NORTHERN WIND (www.http://www.oplionclaws.com). Yes, he's doing it in conjunction with another event, but that is to get cheaper rental rates and draw bigger crowds.

Mr. Lu really hopes that this event would catch on and get big. California was picked as the location partly due to the fact that the guy live in CA and that there is a large airsoft community in place.

If I had the time and money to attend, I know I'd be there. I've been to a couple of events that John Lu has orgainzed and they are amazing. Check out this preview for the IRENE II DVD. John Lu knows how to do thing the right way and I'm sure the expo will be the same.

http://tsunamiairsoft.com/albums/Events/opirene02.mov

Archived