Led's Construction Pictoral

Ledpocket

I completed v3 of the box mag a couple weeks ago, and took more pics showing the detail. New features:

-Used a project box from radio shack for the main box ($6)

-epoxied a water bottle top on the side for a "wide mouth" quick load feature (don't have to take it apart to load or use the litle door in the hicap)

-left the 9v battery partially exposed for quick changes

/begin picture spamming/

20050324boxmag0013ox.jpg

20050324boxmag0029rw.jpg

20050324boxmag0030bq.jpg

20050324boxmag0042ix.jpg

20050324boxmag0051ll.jpg

20050324boxmag0067nb.jpg

20050324boxmag0073fr.jpg

20050324boxmag0081dn.jpg

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the comments. Here is the VP70 mod details.

It is an RC car tie rod end / ball joint. drilled 1 hole to mount it on a shelf in the frame, and 1 slot through the grip.

Pushing up on it alows full auto.

2 things to be careful of: 1- pushing up on it and racking the slide will make it shoot, regardless of the trigger. 2-stopping a full auto burst requires the rod be in the down position (regardless of the trigger)

The actuater in the vp70 was designed for the full stock with the mechanical shot counter. It essentiall pulls the trigger when the slide gets back to battery.

Be warned, it's kind of a dangerous mod ;)

20050517vp70mod0106rn.jpg

20050517vp70mod0123kv.jpg

20050517vp70mod0147jt.jpg

20050517vp70mod0166ff.jpg

20050517vp70mod0187ya.jpg

20050517vp70mod0372cl.jpg

20050511vp700035zl.jpg

edit: ps- don't mind all the other holes in the frame. they were from an ill-conceived first try.

As requested, the details of the MP5K adapted to use a regular MP5 retractable stock.

-Remove extra plastic on the body (rear plate things and widen grooves to fit the stock arms)

-Make up 2 pieces to interface the k mount holes to the std mount of the rear cap. 1 uses the mp5 pin, 1 is pinned into place trough a new hole..

- added 1 more stock position to keep the stock from retracting as far. It adds a little stability if the arms of the stock engage the body a little bit.

-slap it together.

Before the pics, I have to mention that Inferno did a very similar mod, but used a G3 stock/endcap. He said it was much less work because the g3 rails actually fit in the pdw grroves without needing to widen them. He did his mod to a maruzen.

His site:

http://infernogmbh.iwarp.com/

On to the pics:

20040731asoft0107hv.jpg

20040731asoft0116rw.jpg

20040731asoft0127ud.jpg

20040731asoft0133ke.jpg

20040731asoft0145hq.jpg

20040731asoft0150re.jpg

20040731asoft0164iw.jpg

20040731asoft0173nh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I completed v3 of the box mag a couple weeks ago, and took more pics showing the detail.  New features:

-Used a project box from radio shack for the main box ($6)

-epoxied a water bottle top on the side for a "wide mouth" quick load feature (don't have to take it apart to load or use the litle door in the hicap)

-left the 9v battery partially exposed for quick changes

I was wondering how you attached the servo to the mag gear, seems to be little space. I would also like to know how you reversed the servo rotation to spin the gear the right way.

Thank you so very much.

To attach the servo to the mag winding wheel:

Take a servo horn and glue it on the wheel. Then mount the servo to the horn.

In the pics, the servo horn is white.

As an added precaution I used 4 super tiny screws though the servo horn and into the wheel of the hicap.

To make a motor turn in an opposite direction, just reverse the polarity.

But make sure you gut out the bits inside the servo that keep it from spinning 360degrees.

Hope that was all clear, if not post to this thread with any clarifications that are needed. Your questions might help the next guy who is trying to figure out what I'm saying :)

(I don't use AIM, and don't use chat much, so getting ahold of me that way is close to impossible. PM's here work but if its a technical question, might as well post it)

To the other guy who pm'd me:

attaching a mag to the box is a combination of making brackets, and screwing them to the mag and the box, added to healthy dollaps of 5-minute epoxy or jb-weld.

The mag itself needs 3 cutouts:

2 of the cuts are in the side about 1/2 way up (even with the big opening in the plastic hicap mech) to allow bbs to enter the mag from the box.

the 3rd cut is to access the side of the winding wheel (to attach your choice of motor)

I can't really give exact measurements, but I will say this: I spent a good amount of time eyeing things up, measuring, and planning out how I was going to put it all together before I ever plugged in the dremel.

I tend to use the time between turning off the lights, and actually falling asleep to envision how I will accomplish each step. Visualizing each step helps to avoid ruining the parts with a poorly (hastily) conceived idea.

It isn't a perfect technique, as I built 3 versions of this m4 box mag, and wasn't really happy until the 3rd one ;)

plexi, heatgun, fire extinguisher, more plexi, repeat...epoxy. :)

Top apron is just plexiglass. That took a few tries to get it right.

I forgot to mention that you omit the screw that would normally hold the servo horn to the servo.

the two will be held together by mounting the servo securely to the mag or the box.

but I'm sure you figured on that.

I hope I'm helping..lif not, I suppose I can try and get more pics up this weekend or maybe monday.

• 3 weeks later...

In a normal world a servo is scured to a servo horn with a screw.

In bizarro boxmag world, you can not attach them with a screw.

the servo horn is firmly attached to the hicap winder wheel.

the servo is firmly attached to a bracket

during the action of mounting it all together, they are joined together and the 2 seperate mounts keep it all from falling apart.

check the pictures.

If you are unsure of what a servo or servo horn look like, go search on google, or just invest the $100 in a premade deal.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I'm grumpy right now.

Gotta have a hobby.

The boyz come over maybe once a week to tinker in the shop. Other than that, it's mostly after the kids go to bed.

Had to mow the lawn tonight, so I now I'm a little weary, and just surfing the net and eating.

Oh yeah, and no social life helps with the time management ;)

Here are a few pics of my pdw + m4 stock project.

Used an old paintball m4 stock, but the theory is pretty much the same for an airsoft one...bolt the 2 pieces together :)

20041004m4stock0015in.jpg

20041004m4stock0114ym.jpg

20041004m4stock0109gl.jpg

20041004m4stock0088zb.jpg

20041113pdwcqb0042sg.jpg

Latest addition was to do the full stock...

20050620pdwfullstock0020di.jpg

used the same bracket I had made for the retractable stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived