KSC hk33 aeg

Handsome Pete

the concept is good but i've heard they only take KSC magazines which are hard to find and cost a bundle

as a secondary solution, can't you just get a metal body (CA33E's are known to be brittle), replace the stock on the CA33E, and rewire?

^^^i need to do that to my tac carbine...it screams LE at me.....

I too see it rather impractical because virtualy there arn't any replacement parts availabe, unupgradable, complicated gearbox for maintance and expensive magazines. It doesn't have much collection value either, since CA makes HK33 as well. No wonder there arn't much info around on the web about it.

If you really want HK33, go for CA one. It would be more wise choice.

For the money you could just buy a regular AEG and a springer rifle for a backup if your worried about your battery dieing in the field(which is apparently the reason they created that gun in the first place). That's the better way to go, IMO, considering that the AEG can be upgraded easier and has replacement parts.

:gun:

Well I have actually owned one for several months - and there used to be a pretty long thread on this subject that I created....

Anyways, a quick summary of the Positives and Negatives as I see them:

Positives -

* exceptionally good materials and build quality

* closer replica of the real steel than Classic Army's (which I also owned at the time I purchased the KSC)

* hi-quality metal gears, etc.

* the trigger feel is very close to real steel

* the dual manual / automatic mechanism is actually pretty sweet - allows you to also squeeze off single shots more accurately (very effective with a silencer)

* magazines are very well made - actual blued steel!

* battery location and placement/re-placement is quite ingenious - extremely user-friendly

* hop-up adjustment is also very friendly, solid and dependable

* its available in sliding stock rifle and carbine, and also solid stock rifle versions

* all-in-all, a very well made and impressive piece of kit

Negatives -

* its FPS is a bit on the low side because it conforms to the Japanese standards

* its mechanism (whilst well-made) is unique - so no standard upgrade kits fit it

* its not stocked by many retailers outside of Asia

* it is more expensive than the CA33E

* only one type of magazine available for it - KSC's own make that holds 80 BBs (in the HK 25-round form factor)

* from what I've heard, many of the first ones sold through re-sellers suffered from reliability problems - although the one I imported directly from Asia has functioned flawlessly

* becuase of its FPS and upgrade limitations, its maybe more of a CQB than woodland skirmish weapon

* KSC (and X-Fire) are being quite slow in releasing new models and spare parts - and again, these are hard to find outside of Asia at the moment too

gallery_5157_230_81564.jpg

So, in conclusion, its a very nice, well-made, realistic airsoft replica - but for several reasons it will probably remain a niche product for the time being.

Mine has major issues actually firing, for some reason! Its the best feeling gun I have by a mile, really solid, really, really nice. But every time I stick a battery in it doesn't work properly; fires 2-3 shots then refuses to work. Its irritating to say the least, doubly so because of the fantastic feel and rigidity of the beast :(

Well I have 3...

One I disected and use for spare parts...however...I have not had a need for spare parts because the thing is absolutely made to a very High QC level. It really does put all other manufacturers to shame and the design is truly unique.

The Mechbox is a Version 4 derivative and is modular. In stock form it shoots 285fps with .20. Messing with some springs I found in a box in my father-in-laws garage I was able to get it up to 315fps with .25's. And I can switch the top end back to stock for indoor games.

The hop-up clicks and is dead on. I used it as a sniper gun and for a challenge.

I have a review of it here back when it came out last August.

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic....hTerms=ksc,hk33

I have a review of it here back when it came out last August.

Hey Guges - yeah, I remember reading your excellent overview - its what pushed me over the edge to go ahead and buy one. :D

Tell me more about this spring... Can you get other ones?

I haven't chronoed it, but I think mine probably does about 260-280 fps. But I like having it over 300 for skirmishing - so for me its a bit of a let-down to get out-ranged by M4s.

Archived