CQB corner

101matt1

i realise this has almost certainly been raised already, but i'm lazy. so could you guys give me your wisdom on optics for fast target acquisition, as i'm looking to turn my M4 from general rifle to complete CQB.

cheers

SS

A reflex sight, like a Bushnell Holosight, Eotech FTW.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hurricane Eo-Tech copy is just a red dot reflex sight and really overpriced for what it is.

I'd go with an Aimpoint replica mounted on the reciver and flip up front and rear sights so you can get them out of the way when your not using them.

Check Ebay for some nice name brand ones. If they are not as descibed, tell the Ebay guys. I saw some of those 90 USD ESS NVG goggles for only 5 USD, with 10 USD shipping! :o

Get a nice Eotech or something, failing that, get one of the replica's. (Ask someone else, I dont know about the replica's)

I like to use an urban contractor load out for CQb or police loadout.

For my urban contractor look:

Currently i use a ciras vest and leg rigs with a 12 stanag mag capacity, six 40mm grenade capacity, four pistol mags and a pistol holster. This vest also holds a hydration unit, radio and m1887 T2 sawn off shotgun.

Its a pretty heavy rig but worthwhile interms of team play as i have more than enough mags to share around a team during game so if we get held up in a room/corridor we have more than enough ammunition to sustain ourselves for a while.

My main weapon of choice for CQB is an ICS R.I.S M4 fitted with a crane stock and m203(and soon to be EOTech 552). This also has my taclite fitted.

I find this a good mix giving me both squad support capabilities and long term defence capabilities...lets face it carrying that much ammo and kit you are gonna be fine for a while!

Flecktarn make one by Bulle. Its really godd quality for the skirmish field and can actually carry the ceramic plates. Their supply of Bulle pouches is also quite good so no fear of getting pouches the wrong shad as ive heard others with that problem.

Bulle are perfect quality and for the airsoft feild they are fine.

Depending if you like it or it you may decide to fork the extra cash out for the Eagle industries version.

If you go for the Bulle one it is cheaper than the Eagle version but you will still be looking at approximately £200.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm, I have a question and I figure it can go here.

Will Woodland Marpat work in Urban, or should I order some Tri-Color Desert? It's been bugging me.

I'd bet MARPAT would work better. First, what loadout are you going for, and second, what KIND of CQB? (I.E. desert CQB, woodland area CQB, all indoor CQB)

I use woodland Marpat for urban so I think it works pretty well but to be honnest it doesnt really matter what you wear at urban because the engagement distances are that short people will see you anyway.

Another good urban camo is the dark reproduction tigerstripe, It works especially well when its raining as the brickwork gets darker and matches the colours better.

Normally i play in my black police gear and i find it fine you just have to know your site and know that the front door might not be ther best option.

Otherwise i occasioanlly wear Flecktarn or just OD and jeans when doing my urban contractor look.

it usually works quite well.

When doing urban/CQB camo isn't entirely essential. if it takes more than a minute or two to clear a room you are doing it wrong! lol

Normally i play in my black police gear and i find it fine you just have to know your site and know that the front door might not be ther best option.

Otherwise i occasioanlly wear Flecktarn or just OD and jeans when doing my urban contractor look.

it usually works quite well.

When doing urban/CQB camo isn't entirely essential. if it takes more than a minute or two to clear a room you are doing it wrong! lol

QFT. In CQB, not MOUT, it wont matter. You are going so fast blending doesn't matter. In MOUT, it all depends on the environment. :)

Archived