CQB corner

101matt1

Got an idea for a new load out. Basically i'm gonna be going all mov-sim and playing as a detective. My plan is trousers shirt, boots ballistic vest and NYPD sheild. With it i'll be carrying a satchel with my m9 and mags and if using an m4/mp5 it will hold the mags for that too, if using a shotgun i may just use a kydex holster on a belt for my pistol/mags and carry a couple of pockets full of shells.

I had that idea but for mout it didnt work too well for me (I carry too much gear)

you can get black body armour from WGC clicky They have some others but there out of stock.

Foy holsters you can get fobus ones from ebay for about £17 clicky here A word of warning tho dont get grit or mud inside it or it'll scratch your gun to buggery. That seller also sells fobus mag pouches, the mag pouches can be a bit hit and miss tho as airsoft mags arnt always 100% accurate to real steel sizes but it shouldnt be anything a bit of tape or a dremel cant fix.

For the shotgun, if you know anyone who has a generic black tac vest with a velcro shell holder in one of the pockets try and get it from them then add some sticky backed velcro to the side of your shotgun (you can get it from B&Q or Maplin) and then you can attach the shell holder to the side of the shotgun. It looks cool and you dont end up rummaging around for spare shells in your pockets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading the Army Rangers Handbook and wondered if you guys could help me out with some of the CQC stuff.

www.indiana.edu/~rotc/files/RangerHandbook.pdf

On page 222 (SINGLE TEAM CENTER-FED ROOM )

It outlines the #1 man entering the room and moving to one of the corners of the room. If there is an enemy, say in the far right corner, would the #1 continue moving to the closer right corner while shooting? Or would he stop, shoot until the enemy is down, and then continue? Or maybe something else? I figure that he would keep moving so that the men behind won't get stuck in the door. What do you guys think?

I have been reading the Army Rangers Handbook and wondered if you guys could help me out with some of the CQC stuff.

www.indiana.edu/~rotc/files/RangerHandbook.pdf

On page 222 (SINGLE TEAM CENTER-FED ROOM )

It outlines the #1 man entering the room and moving to one of the corners of the room. If there is an enemy, say in the far right corner, would the #1 continue moving to the closer right corner while shooting? Or would he stop, shoot until the enemy is down, and then continue? Or maybe something else? I figure that he would keep moving so that the men behind won't get stuck in the door. What do you guys think?

If I understand it right theres going to be a split seccond at most between man 1 and man 2 entering the room so 1 will be checking his corners as he enters and 2 will be checking the ones 1 doesnt. If 1 sees anyone in his path he'll shoot and keep moving as to not slow down anyone entering behind him.

Thats the key to CQB, keep moving and dont loose your momentem, if you stop it gives the opfor time to react and dig in deeper, if anyones hit just keep going and sort it out once your done.

If I understand it right theres going to be a split seccond at most between man 1 and man 2 entering the room so 1 will be checking his corners as he enters and 2 will be checking the ones 1 doesnt. If 1 sees anyone in his path he'll shoot and keep moving as to not slow down anyone entering behind him.

Thats the key to CQB, keep moving and dont loose your momentem, if you stop it gives the opfor time to react and dig in deeper, if anyones hit just keep going and sort it out once your done.

Thanks dude. I'll keep that in mind :)

• 4 weeks later...

I play CQB in an abandoned Grocery store and we have an old house that we use as well. Kroger CQB is seriously intense. You get guys hiding in the checkout with SAWs and shotguns, and a grocery store has some open spaces so you can get some ranged combat. Oterwise, the house we use is near a large woods and a lake, so we actually do some assault stuff there.

The best CQB gun of all tho, has got to be a short 416. Great ROF, decent accuracy, and its very pointable. I use that, combined with a Red dot and a Mako foregrip. Slap in some CA 130 rnd clips, and ur set to go.

A friend of mine uses a TM 733 witha box mag for CQB. While great for suppresion, you dont really need that much firepower, and the weight makes it slow to react. TIP: dont use box mags. for that matter, dont use Hicaps. Use midcaps, becasue it gives u just enough ammo to take out several people, and gives you all the advantages of a lowcap.

Best CQB pistol: Glock 18c with hicap mags. Seriously, its basically a neutered SMG. Smaller than an Mp5K and packs quite a punch. Do not use MAc 11s. You may think these would work, but they have massive cooldown.

I dont train so much on CQB, as when our team plays, I'm ussually the guy who sets up ambushes and does independent work. Example: Three guys are ina room with two doors. I go to one door and cover, the rest of the team goes to the other door. I open first, right before the rest of my team opens the other door, so the defenders swing to face me but get shot in the back by my team. Still, one needs to be quick for these things, but I dont have to train, I just play to ge tthe hang of it.

Any of yall play submission CQB?

Well, our local group (MSB [Mississippi Battalion]) has secured a local 80 acre paint ball field with structures and ply wood buildings every sunday for a year. :D It's great. It's a bit of a MOUT site, but has more woods than buildings, but it's a start. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a word of support here for the P90 box mag...you don't *need* to use it as a box mag, it's a mag adaptor for M4 mags as well. I have 9 M4 midcaps, and the P90 mags are horrendous. It's a great jobby for allowing the use of a large battery too.

I always thought it looked a bit bulky, kind of defeating the object of a lightweight, compact.

Quite like the mags too, easy to change in the dark, wind once, no rattle, work upside down. love 'em :blink:

Greg.

Anyone got recommendations on Italian Spec Ops/Navy Counter Terrorist weapons?

They appear to use M4s, MP5s, and other weapons. I know a 92FS is their main sidearm, and I'm getting a 92FS Springer. It'll be from medium Woodland range to CQB.

I know this is more Gear Discussion, but I could go more Spec Ops and get camo, or go more Navy CT (which I'm leaning towards, much more cheaper) and get blue BDUs.

Well. If you're playing in woods of any sorts, you'll need some type of camo. My MOUT SWAT loadout consist of MARPAT BDUs and everything else is in black. It gives it a nice camoflaged look, while still being dark enough for more urban environments.

Well if you go with the Blue BDUs I would think about trying to spray paint or dye them with a dark green color. Black is not a great color for camo. Even when it's dark nothing is completely black and human eyes tend to attract light from everything except a black object so even in minimal light you are gonna see an outline. If its DARK blue and you fade in some DARK green, just a little brighter than black you will be near invisible in low light conditions.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm quite a MOUT / CQB fan... Had a kickass game down at SYA's Proteus ground in sheets of rain and a couple of good games down at Electrowerk's but I have noticed people do not like to take down buildings even with thunderflashes / BFG support... bb's only knock you out of a game for the length of REGEN not permanantly....

One word of warning for those who will be wearing any type of body armour beware how hot you will get... I've found its not a good Idea to take said vests off untill your finished playing (yes leave the vest on at lunch) at the end of the day... as I was wetter and hotter beneth the vest than with the rain at the last MOUT game I attended.

I don't know of you could class using a rail yard as MOUT or not playing around the boxcars and engineering trains but it is fun... I'd like to try playing in an old WAL MART / Asda store... especially the huge ones...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll usually carry two pistols, one on my tactical vest with 4 magazines and one in a thigh holster with 2 spare magazines on the belt.

If I'm using my AEP's (CYMA G18c's), there will be 3 standard magazines in each pistol pouch.

As my Glocks have rails, I have a M3 on each pistol I'm carrying (AEP or GBB).

My 1911A1's are WWII issue style (no rail of course) so I alsways put a

Surefire Light on my vest.

For long arms in CQB, I'm limited to a Maruzen 870 shotty or my UTG MP5 with 6 mid-cap magazines. My other rifles are just too long (and I'm big enough as it is).

I'm actually looking into a JLS FN2000 as it looks pretty short and I like bull-pups (wish a TAVOR would come out).

Every now and then, we will have a day of just springers and as I am a rabid springer collector, I have a wicked arsenal to choose from. (lol)

You can make some really great looking (and performing) CQB gear with springers and do it on the cheap!

-In CQC/B you need more protection than outdoors: full face protection (a mask) is a requirement, full-finger gloves that have additional padding or have armor on the outside are a good idea, and so is some sort of chest protection.

-In CQC/B FPS limits are much lower than they are for the outdoors at most venues.

i agreed with everything you said but, the part about "padding, armour, chest protection." since the fps limits are a lot lower, like 100 fps, you really dont need padding, and especially do not need amour.

i agreed with everything you said but, the part about "padding, armour, chest protection." since the fps limits are a lot lower, like 100 fps, you really dont need padding, and especially do not need amour.

where's this 100 fps played then? In my regular CQB palace, we play 328fps. I can assure you it hurts like a beeyatch from 2 metres.

Archived