CQB corner

101matt1

MOUT is a different case in point, it also depends on other factors such as lighting and ammo.

i like playing in black mainly due to some challenges it provides.

Depending on your environment kinda dictates the effective camo.

...some building we use desert is really effective due to the colours of walls etc. just depends on where you are playing.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evansy is right, engagement distances are mostly so close that comouflage is not a big concern, although neon colours and other eye-catching colours/patterns should be avoided.

To be successful in cqb it's more about yourself and your tactics and technics:

Most important is to learn how to get around corners. A building is full of corners and if you cannot clear corners properly, you will never really enjoy this scenario. There are left and right hand corners, so you will also have to give up the concept of being left or right handed - you need to become fully ambidextrous. That may require changes to your equipment if you use a shoulder weapon to allow for instant shoulder change, e.g. a single point sling and a special sling mount.

But here comes my most valuable tip of all that applies to all scenarios, not just CQB: Act as a team ;).

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to dounle post but this thread has been inactive for a while so w/e.

anyway, the cqb game was great, the warehouse/ killhouse was set-up completely differently than the last time we played and we had it reserved for just our group. very fun.

anyway, what I really wanted to adress in this post was my team's formation, we're trying to set up groups who keep together durring actual games/ tournaments.

I'll give you the low-down, we've got 6 on our main team and three reserves. Our main team have these loadout's:

-P90 or MP5 or M1100

-TM AUG and KJW P226

-MP7

-AK-47s

-MP5

-MP5

Our reserves have a G36c and the other two have MP5's.

I thought we should do it like this:

AUG and AK-47 stay back but apart and act as marksmen/ support as they both are very accurate and have very big high-caps.

They rest would stay together for the most part but the MP7 and m1100 users would go ahead and clear rooms while the MP5-ers watched the doors.

IDK, I'm pretty tired and this is just a rough plan but tell me what you think. We have a tournament on the 20th and we'll be going in HEAT gear (suits and Masks) wish us luck and give me some pointer's!

-

sorry to dounle post but this thread has been inactive for a while so w/e.

anyway, the cqb game was great, the warehouse/ killhouse was set-up completely differently than the last time we played and we had it reserved for just our group. very fun.

anyway, what I really wanted to adress in this post was my team's formation, we're trying to set up groups who keep together durring actual games/ tournaments.

I'll give you the low-down, we've got 6 on our main team and three reserves. Our main team have these loadout's:

-P90 or MP5 or M1100

-TM AUG and KJW P226

-MP7

-AK-47s

-MP5

-MP5

Our reserves have a G36c and the other two have MP5's.

I thought we should do it like this:

AUG and AK-47 stay back but apart and act as marksmen/ support as they both are very accurate and have very big high-caps.

They rest would stay together for the most part but the MP7 and m1100 users would go ahead and clear rooms while the MP5-ers watched the doors.

IDK, I'm pretty tired and this is just a rough plan but tell me what you think. We have a tournament on the 20th and we'll be going in HEAT gear (suits and Masks) wish us luck and give me some pointer's!

-

Plan sounds good. As far as advice for CQB: Keep your head and butt down, they will get shot the most I found out...

for some reason, my hand's always get lit up. fortunately, at my local site, hands don't count.

And I thought only I had the dumb luck to get hit in the hand, maybe it's because often that's the only part that's visible around corners besides my head. :P Where we play a hit anywhere is a hit so I still call myself out for that.

If you are playing Milsim, a hand or foot hit should always count as a hit. Because in real battles if your hand or foot gets shot you usually have to leave the battle to get it treated (unless you're totally hardcore lol) But if it's not Milsim IMO hand/foot shots should not count as they are generally the places that stick out the most and you can't hide them very well so it's kind of unfair to you.

To be successful in cqb it's more about yourself and your tactics and technics:

Most important is to learn how to get around corners. A building is full of corners and if you cannot clear corners properly, you will never really enjoy this scenario. There are left and right hand corners, so you will also have to give up the concept of being left or right handed - you need to become fully ambidextrous. That may require changes to your equipment if you use a shoulder weapon to allow for instant shoulder change, e.g. a single point sling and a special sling mount.

But here comes my most valuable tip of all that applies to all scenarios, not just CQB: Act as a team ;).

Great advice there, learn to shoot with your weak side that way your not over exposing yourself to shoot around corners

I'm pretty tired and this is just a rough plan but tell me what you think. We have a tournament on the 20th and we'll be going in HEAT gear (suits and Masks) wish us luck and give me some pointer's!

The best way I've found to aproach and clear a building is to use 1-2 people to put down covering fire so the assult team can get in place then go thru the rooms in 2's with the first 2 clearing the room and holding it while the next 2 move thru and clear that room and hold while the first team move thru and so on and if someone gets hit play on. The only way to win is to be aggressive.

or be a cqb animal and clear a building alone (evansy knows who i mean)

corners are a deathtrap

as are doors... teamwork is essential.

Was it command or canteen that was cleared single handedly?

*off topic*

Did you hear about werner the last time he was down at lfu? he cleared the whole canteen by himself and when he finally found someone he also found he didnt have a mag in his L86 :lol: he didnt get killed tho I think the shock of having a Gurkha running at him firing an L86 from the hip scared the guy into taking the hit.

my advice would be to play splinter cell (let me explain) you learn to get around places quetly and stealthly and how to scope out a room before enterning. ok i would have said like rainbow six or something but your team AI is so stupid your better off leaving them behind and entering yourself (trust me if i have to tell my stories about stupid AI teamates I will) ok secondly just be more careful you never no when someones bumkered down hiding in the corner of a room and the second you enter you get a face/side full of bb's learn to peak around corners and stuff.....but you already knew that im just reinforcing it.

(seriously watch out for your teamates in videogames there more likely to kill you than the enemy)

my advice would be to play splinter cell (let me explain) you learn to get around places quetly and stealthly and how to scope out a room before enterning. ok i would have said like rainbow six or something but your team AI is so stupid your better off leaving them behind and entering yourself (trust me if i have to tell my stories about stupid AI teamates I will) ok secondly just be more careful you never no when someones bumkered down hiding in the corner of a room and the second you enter you get a face/side full of bb's learn to peak around corners and stuff.....but you already knew that im just reinforcing it.

(seriously watch out for your teamates in videogames there more likely to kill you than the enemy)

play the new rainbow , they gave them brains...

thank god my days of paranoia are over they can actualy think!!!!!!!!!!! no more going right into my line of fire!! no more fragging a room im already in!! I am free of stupid AI that starts engaging before I gave the order Blowing my cover!!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wow. Thanks. Really good pics. Some of them really portray the action of CQB/MOUT perfectly.

Yup, mostly CQB which is nice for getting shot at very short ranges :P Though when you get outside into the Moat (it's an old Napoleonic Era Fort), there's the opportunity for some very long range shots.

The only thing I can add to a thread on CQB tactics, try not to get shot :P

:geek:

Archived