CQB corner

101matt1

mmm chocy orange... ill give you your p90 but plate back some time Rick :)

Alas it is no more. I'm suprised it lasted the week it was sat ontop of my stereo.

I'll be wanting my midcap too, its a little hard to sell the box when there not all there.

Have you changed your MSN? coz* because I've been wanting to get hold of you all week.

*ARGH nasty txt speak is starting to sneak in, Rick needs sleep :Zzz:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice weapons, how does the AK do in a Skirmish? I was thinking about getting one but i wanted some opinions first.

The Spetsnaz is a great little gun.

Its a Marui with an M100 spring fitted to bump it upto 328fps and its got great range and accuracy for such a small gun. The 600 round hicaps are fun too :P

My only gripe is it doesnt like 3300mah batterys, there a little bit tight in the standard stock and with my wood stock even 2000mah batterys are a tight squeeze but thats easily fixable with a chisel but I'm too lazy to go digging around in the shed to find a chisel.

I use a Viper Molle rig with a varity of different pouches on there.

P2070194.jpg

Mag pouches are on the right side (my right when i'm wearing the rig) because i'm lefthanded and can acces them easily with my right hand. The MC pouch is for a large radio, but holds 2 M4 mags so i cna carry 6 in total. The ACU pouch contains a strobe speedloader. Pistol mag pouch is big enough for a 40mm moscart. Pouch next to that has a basic first aid kit in it. The utility pouch on the bib always has a spare battery for the M4 in it. Works vell and cost me about £50 in all.

The Spetsnaz is a great little gun.

Its a Marui with an M100 spring fitted to bump it upto 328fps and its got great range and accuracy for such a small gun. The 600 round hicaps are fun too :P

My only gripe is it doesnt like 3300mah batterys, there a little bit tight in the standard stock and with my wood stock even 2000mah batterys are a tight squeeze but thats easily fixable with a chisel but I'm too lazy to go digging around in the shed to find a chisel.

eegit boy, dont dig your stock out rick, get a 7.2 3300 and be happy :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was using one of several different brand Glock GBB's (mostly G17's but sometimes a G26 wuth G17 mags) along with at least two spare mags. However, lately I've been using a CYMA CM.030 G18c AEP and I really like it.

Good combat accuracy and rate of fire. The ability to use full auto is nice, but I have not had to use it yet. I have a Streamlight M3 Tactical light on it. I can also carry 6 spare mags in the space that I would normally carry just two GBB mags.

I also us a slightly up-graded UTG MP5 AEG. I dumped the high-caps and carry 4 standard mags (I've got to get two more).

I'd really like to try a shotgun, but all I have right now is the UTG springer pumps. I'd like a sugguestion as to what I should try out from someone who actually uses one.

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, must have been a real professional setup to cancel just because of a 50% chance of rain  :blink:

Ha ha ha. But when our local stations say 50% or more, it's pretty much gonna rain. ;) BTW: It wasn't a big game or anything, it was going to be a team CQB practice, and many people weren't able to come anyway....

But...

My CQB machine:

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

its not training if its not raining.

:D

It turned out the practice went on. Clear blue sky when we started. About half way through the forth practice game it started drizzling. Nothing big. So then, we start doing CQB training (stacking up, enter and clear) and it starts POURING. I mean SHEETS of rain. We stayed in the barn and played some great CQB in there, and waited for the rain to slack, then sprinted back to our vehicles in time. :D It was great, and was my first major CQB experience. :)

:D

It turned out the practice went on. Clear blue sky when we started. About half way through the forth practice game it started drizzling. Nothing big. So then, we start doing CQB training (stacking up, enter and clear) and it starts POURING. I mean SHEETS of rain. We stayed in the barn and played some great CQB in there, and waited for the rain to slack, then sprinted back to our vehicles in time.  :D  It was great, and was my first major CQB experience.  :)

Only pouring? Last month at SYA we had rain, snow, hail, driving rain, driving snow, driving hail and of course just to annoy us sun inbetween all of them so people would undo/take off jackets.

Oh how I love yorkshire weather.

Thats a nice P90 you've got there too matt, I'd get a preasure switch for that surefire tho, G&P make a good one for not much cash. They really make surefires a lot more user friendly

If its no snowing were no goin!

As stated before CQB during heavy snow....which was fun.

Matt your p90 is a great wee gun for CQB and really a tac light on it is ALL you need. Nothing bugs me more than a box mag on a p90....just a pet hate of mine.

not been at CQB for nearly two months due to uni placement and we have got a new sight at CQB scotland i'm dying to play at.

Does anyone know where i can get a decent replica ballistic vest? preferably a BHD style one.

Got an idea for a new load out. Basically i'm gonna be going all mov-sim and playing as a detective. My plan is trousers shirt, boots ballistic vest and NYPD sheild. With it i'll be carrying a satchel with my m9 and mags and if using an m4/mp5 it will hold the mags for that too, if using a shotgun i may just use a kydex holster on a belt for my pistol/mags and carry a couple of pockets full of shells.

Any help much appreciated and a bit of blurb about the vest would be good too! Ta

Archived