Both Elephant SL8 with metal gearbox

gunner-airsoft

But are the mags compatible with CA/TM g36 mags?

If they're the same as the BE XM-8 (which theoretically they should be), then yes with a bit of a mod. Can't remember where I've seen it, but when 5th is back online tomorrow, he should know what I mean. Sure it was him that sent me the link in the first place :blink:

By the way gunner, loving the new layout of the site, and glad to see the upgrade service has been improved.

Gunner, you crafty son of a ... The "custom" JG Dragunov and Krinkov are one hell of a good idea! And you just do all of the dirty work of fitting a Cyma gearbox in them! Man, I love you. I seriously consider getting one of those Dragunovs now.

Gunner, you crafty son of a ... The "custom" JG Dragunov and Krinkov are one hell of a good idea! And you just do all of the dirty work of fitting a Cyma gearbox in them! Man, I love you. I seriously consider getting one of those Dragunovs now.

Anyone else thinking "Man a cheap SL8, Maybe I could buy a CMAG and paint parts of it green and have the Assault Rifle from F.E.A.R.?" That was the first thing that came to my mind :)

=\ I don't know about you but I'd buy a plastic gear box one for the price savings and drop in a reinforced box if I were to get one of these (which I am very tempted to do!)

Not really - the plastic gearbox is a MAJOR pain in the *albartroth* to replace.

that wins.

i want a FEAR gun.

I'm getting close to a G2A2 :D

sharpshooter3a.jpg

I just need that keyhole stock and the mag and I should be able to put one together from the other parts I have laying around.

I was going to make it from a CA8-2 or whatever they are going to call their "sl9" derivative - but if this gun's externals prove to be pretty good, it might make for a cheap keyhole stock and receiver alternative...

well its got a mini battery in the related items bit ;)

i might get the metal GB one, im tempted. what is the feel/quality of the body like ?

The feel/quality of the body is really good (i've got the plastic gearbox version) the quality of it really surprised me, it doesn't feel like a cheap gun at all, nice and sturdy and a decent weight to it, takes down easily aswell with a few body pins.

yes danny.....

I opened 6 boxes....both the nozzle just moved half way back....and it wont feed at full auto, some even not feed at semi!!

I haven`t open the gearbox yet....I think the problem may come from thetappet plate.

I will keep you all updated for the solution.

The feel/quality of the body is really good (i've got the plastic gearbox version) the quality of it really surprised me, it doesn't feel like a cheap gun at all, nice and sturdy and a decent weight to it, takes down easily aswell with a few body pins.

Can you supply some close up picts so I can see the texture of the gun. I haven't seen any detailed pictures of it.

My SL-8 got here literally half an hour ago, and I'm impressed. Similar quality to the XM-8, but better. Fair bit of power to it for a cheaper gun as well. Must admit it looks a bit stupid with the long mag, but I'll be getting a short star mag soon so that's not a huge problem :P Will chrono it later hopefully :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived