You know what really grinds my gears?

otherrandomhero

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thirded

And as for things that grind!

1.Cowards (This is why I only have one cannon fodder.)

2.Wannabe gangsters (Just plain stupid)

3.Gangsters (Some gangster with a grudge against a neighbor near Darren decided to bomb an entire street of mail boxes just because he knew the street, but not the house. Then Officer Martineez woke up and tazered the sucker...hehe retarts!)

4.Wannabe know it alls ( Another just plain stupid)

1. People who make 10 threads regarding the gun they want to get, 10 threads saying they now have it and what they've done to it, and 10 more about how to upgrade it. If everyone did this the forum would just overflow, why is it most of us can just decide which gun we want by reading reviews and so on, get it, and go airsofting, whilst there are a select few idiots who have to make such a meal of it.

2. Stupid questions such as: 1J or M100 - it's been asked so many times, again the select few idiots, how come the rest of us knew without asking? Probably because we found out using a little searching and some common sense.

3. People who give bad, incorrect or loose advice on the forums. It's ok if they get a little something wrong, but when they give complete advice they believe to be correct which is utter ######, that annoys me, what if the person asking the question went ahead with the advice, could end up being a waste of time, money and effort.

4. When geardos rip on people who upgrade. I've got no problem with geardos, but the ones who take the mick with that: 19787398fps ###### just ###### me off.

Obviously there's all the givens too: people not taking hits, people cheating etc.

Ice

repinsetilE - Elitesniper

nnelG - Glenn

Easy :D

Ethnic minorities are only grinding my gears if they use that as a weapon. For example if they doesn't get to nightclub they make a complaint about rasism etc. I don't care if people is ethnic as long as they try to learn the language and act like they're from the same country that i am. If you move to Finland, then you *fruitcage* well should act like finnish too :P

when people say,"Life's not fair, get used to it." I hear that at least 500 times a year.

While it maybe true, shut up.

When people think high FPS is great. I'm fine with my gun stock (it's a CA at 310) FPS, and I don't mind that it can't shoot 400 FPS with a PDI 170% spring.

I agree with Ice's no.3 problem. On a forum I look at (Will Not tell what it is) one member doesn't have an AEG and gives this biased answer all the time when asked about CA's. He doesn't have a CA either, and uses other people's info as a shield to prove that he isn't an idiot, which he is.

Obese people - Well useless they do actually have a medical problem I can't believe people are happy being obese, it doesn't take that much to lose weight.

You really dont have a clue do you? The battles some of these people face is incredible. To go from clinically obese to what you would appear to see as ''acceptable'' would be a great feat. So just stop being a tard :o

*EDIT* That said, I agree with *most* of your other statements.. (I don't wish to cause offence ^^)

just to bring some clarity to this thread, please remember it's meant to be about things in the airsoft world that annoy you.

saying things like ethnic monorities and fat people annoy you is asking for a thread lock.

this is aimed at no one in particular but i can see it going off the rails very quickly.

Darkchild

(most all of these comments do not apply to Arnies, but several other boards out there)

- Bickering kids. For example, a thread starts out as a 'whot am bestest gun' and turns into a pissing contest about real steel weapons and then goes on for 5 pages with everyone getting really angry. And the mods that don't kill those threads.

- People stating their opinion as fact. For example, saying "AKs should never have rails. It looks ugly and the AK isn't a 'tactical' weapon". This is your opinion idiot, not a fact - some people love their tactical Warhawk or whatever, so just shut up and let them have their fun.

- People who get angry at people for upgrading their guns in a way other than how they would have done it. For example "Wat R U? some kind of n00b? you got a madbull istead of a promethius, you must sux at life"

- And I'm not one to get mad at newbs, but it does grind my gears when people ask for other's opinion on what gun they should get. Not which one is better, but "should I get a P90, or an M4 - I like them both, but want opinions". Who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet think of the gun you want to get? Get the one YOU want to get, not the one a bunch of people you've never met, will never meet, and aren't going to own the gun think is coolest. It's your gun, make up your own mind.

- Elitist jackasses who just can't let other people be proud of their gun. If some guy is proud of his 350fps upgraded gun, do you really need to mock him for not being 400 like you? This is just one of the reasons that I love the fact that the field I play on has a 330 limit - keeps guys like that away. You're not helping, you're just taking yet another chance to brag about your gun while trying to put someone else down. Are you really that insecure?

- My number one gear grinder, is probably people who think a gun that's configured in a way other than down-to-the-smallest-detail to some real steel weapon is an "abomination". Some of us don't care if our weapon has a real-world counterpart or not. Some of us don't care about trademarks. Some of us realize that airsoft is more than just milsim. Some us like to get creative with our weapon and do something that can't be found anywhere else, even in real steel. Can you handle that? Do you have to act like a child about it?

- Same goes for gear. Airsoft is a game. If I want to wear MARPAT BDUs with black boots, who cares? Does that offend you because a real marine would wear tan? Does it stroke your ego to point it out as if I don't know that already? I'm so impressed with your knowledge of current issue gear as I strap on my favorite comfortable old pair of BLACK boots.

That's the end of my rant.

Ethnic Minorities - Self Explanatory

I'd like some clarity on that one by PM please. It certainly is NOT self explanatory and is potentially extremely offensive, leading to charges of racism.

Now if we could get back to Airsoft related gripes and whinges please, that would be super.

Thanks Pablo, well played :P

Yah, I dislike people who think they are the dogs ######s or people who are genuinly new to airsoft and go on about how his/her new springer pistol can make his best friend bleed ''and stuffs''.

But tbh, I am relatively new to airsoft and I really like the attitude that (steriotypically) goes with it. generally from the more mature players.

^^

Oh, and as a quick addendum to my last rant - I personally like the rep system. I think, for the most part, it has kept away the kind of people I was just ranting about from this forum, and has kept the level of discourse here more mature and level-headed than on most airsoft forums.

That's not to say it isn't without it problems, and yes, it does get abused. But, for the most part, I think the rep system is part of what has made Arnie's my absolute favorite forum out there for good information and news, without the 500 CYMA vs TM vs CA bickering threads and virtual Ewang-flapping contests. And the mods actually moderate here, which is a pleasant change of pace too.

Ok, I'm being sincere here, but I'll wipe the brown off my nose anyway.

i think what pariahwolf was saying about ethnic minorities, was that he dislikes them using their status to claim racism whenever they don't get their own way, which isn't an amazingly common occurence, but does happen. also i agree with the Finnish dude. if you want to live in my country play by the *fruitcage*in rules.

SS

I think Europe hasn't had yet to deal with multi-racial societies and populations in the most part. There has never been any significant civil rights movements in any of the European countries at all.

Example: The treatment of black professional soccer players. If in the US, someone threw a banana at a black professional athlete here, it would pretty much be met with swift, vociferous and angry response. Not so much in Europe.

i think what pariahwolf was saying about ethnic minorities, was that he dislikes them using their status to claim racism whenever they don't get their own way, which isn't an amazingly common occurence, but does happen. also i agree with the Finnish dude. if you want to live in my country play by the *fruitcage*in rules.

SS

I get that all the time in work. Everyone, from all origins, loads of people come in trying to get stuff on the cheap, and when I point out that they are wrong, I am branded a horrific racist, and most of them start shouting about their rights. All in all, makes me look bad, but I don't care, I'm not gonna let them get something over someone else because of their origins. Everyone pays the same in my book.

And on topic - the price of airsoft gets on my nerves. Every time I look at something cool on an airsoft shop, I scroll down to the price, and say to myself 'All your money am belong to airsoft' :P

Hauk

Kyoppo. You obviously have little or no idea what you are talking about, the UK is one of the most multicultural societies in the world, and therefore has inherited the political correctness sh*tstorm that accompanies that. you can't go a week here in England without hearing about some other minor breach of political correctness being blown out of proportion. the UK right now is a perfect example of how only white men can be racist. a while ago, a Muslim cleric (Abu Hamza if anyone cares) was arrested for preaching extremist Muslim beliefs in the street, he was actually publically telling young men to blow themselves up for Allah. it took the police over two years to arrest this guy, how long do you think a christian priest telling people to kill muslims would last, 5 minutes, maybe 10?

SS

Yeah I meant what SilentSerpent said, last night when I wrote that I was...

Extremely tired, I'd just spent 12 hours on a plane and another extra hour in the dominican republic (sp?) that I hadn't expected, So I'd been awake for quite a while.

Also agreed. Kyoppo I don't think you have any clue what things are like in Europe or the UK.

Thank you for responding, PariahWolf.

Discussion about racism outside of airsoft is off-topic, so take it there. Any further posting in this thread will be removed.

Keep it on topic please folks, and keep the language clean.

What grinds someone elses gears, or at least I'm sure it does:

That guy with the TOP M60 who was running, tripped, hit the ground, causing the bb resevoir top to fly open and thusly, ejecting all of his bb's. Then the younger 13 - 16 year olds, who were no longer in irrational fear of his AEG came running out of the woods Lords of the Flies style and shot him.

1. cheaters who don't call their hits

2. people who bring real steel into airsoft arguments.

3. people who don't know jackshit about real steel except from video games and the media and love to argue about real steel

4. people who hype H&K as God's gift to earth

5. people who say

colt .45 instead of 1911

armalite instead of AR

sniper instead of "sniper rifle"

6. people who have not yet realized the limitations of airsoft ballistics

7. people who want to be "snipers" who lack any rifleman-esque skills

8. people who still think one AEG's ballistics is greatly superior to another AEG

9. people who muzzle sweep others

10. people who test their gun in the no-fire zone

11. people who don't know jackshit about real guns and try to ID them

12. people who think that because a certain real world elite unit uses an item, that item is automatically "superior"

13. people who claim to have military service

14. people who posts pictures of themselves in full gear on their social networking sites to fool people into thinking how tough they are

15. people who don't tweak their loadout by playing to fit their physique and playing style, they just buy it because they heard it was elite

16. non-military people who act like they are the *beep*, and love to recite common military phrase like "Semper-fi" and "rangers lead the way" and wear unit-patches that they have never earned

17. airsofters who fail to realize that it's just a game not a real war.

18. airsofters who make it sound their weekend game was a real war

19. trigger happy idiots who unload a whole mag at anything that moves

20. airsofters that disreguard safety

21. people who don't tidy up their loadout so they don't snag on stuff and trip and break their face

22. worse of all, people who don't know the importance of hop-up

Archived