For those that didn't see it on BBC1 last night

Steve Pearson

i prefered predator two hands down.

That movie was a little dull for most of it. But then i was dog tired when i watched it a few months back and i just wanted to go to sleep. Whcih is why i may have a poor opinion of it.

No. You have a poor opinion of it because it just sucked. ;)

has anyone noticed the fact that the rear view mirror falls of the getaway car TWICE!!! just before the driver snufs it.

and having watched the film again (woo for VHS recording) i re-make my comment that the armoured car scene was sick (pointless executious) and infact the "trade gone wrong" in the middle was actually quite cool

Whomever coreographed that obviously has no battle experience.  It was far better than most hollywood shootouts, however it was nowhere near realistic.  Cops hiding behind cars getting killed by a guy with no cover waist up?  Sure.

Errr......

North Hollywood Bank Shootout

Two gunmen with body armour and a variety of automatic rifles vs the LAPD.

Result was 12 wounded officers, 2 wounded civilians, one wounded dog :o and 10 very badly shot-up patrol cars. Only safe place to hide behind a car from a rifleman is behind the engine block, even if they are just using standard FMJ rounds. Both robbers were killed, one of them was hit 11 times, the other a staggering 29 times. The gunmen were apparently inspired by the 'Heat' bank shootout scene. The guy who took 29 hits wore body armour over his torso, then cut up more body armour and wrapped it around his legs and arms. Made him very difficult to take down, but also reduced his maneuverability. 9mm pistol rounds and shotgun pellets just bounced off.

Morale of the story: don't bring a pistol to a rifle fight. ;)

might be BS but i heard that the downtown bank sequence in HEAT, along with the ambush in Clear and Present Danger are used in [military?] training..

i thought the primary thing about the bank shootout in HEAT was that they use fire and maneuver tactics, okay, which is basic infantry stuff, but something that is not often used or bothered about in hollywood films.

The Way of the Gun imo has some good gunplay in it as well, and iirc the advisor was an ex SEAL.. [yeah, you see them reload]

Archived