Support central.

svenbodybuilder

Id bet a couple of hundred dollars that he knows what an MG36 is. I think you are reading it a little wrong, hes merely saying you need a larger amount of ammo for performing the role of support gunner when against AEG's.

Bella, id really advise getting a C-mag, but its upto you if its auto winding or not...I find my auto winding 2500round mag for my CA249 makes me use ammo far too quickly as it feeds ridiculously fast on a 9.6v and reloading hi-caps just ###### me off :P

BUY A C-MAG!!! :P

ok i believe you (not sarcasm)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no offence, but that makes no sense. Belladonna said  an mg36 wich IS an aeg first of all a darn good one, second she said she has a hi-cap so what are you trying to say?  :huh:

do you know what an mg36 is?

Dude, no offense, but I've fired real steel MG36s, never mind knowing what one is!

Chrissyg hit it right on the head, I was just saying that at a regular non-milsim skirmish you wouldn't last long in a support role with only a few hundred rounds in a magazine!

You know you want a VFC MK43 with a six-thousand round auto-winding boz magazine... ;)

Dude, no offense, but I've fired real steel MG36s, never mind knowing what one is!

Chrissyg hit it right on the head, I was just saying that at a regular non-milsim skirmish you wouldn't last long in a support role with only a few hundred rounds in a magazine!

You know you want a VFC MK43 with a six-thousand round auto-winding boz magazine...  ;)

I know thats why i replied to his comment, this whole thing was totally unneccesary as i said i beleived him, i figued you knew eachother in someway

hell the only reason i wrote that was because the way you wrote it didnt make sense to me. but now i get it. :mellow:

Nice bit of kit Bella. I quite like the LSW end of the support weapon range, makes a lot of financial sense and they're skirmish practical.

Pretty useful for milsim games as well, I think with the rules that were used a DT1 & 2 an LSW was allowed 1200rds & a SAW/LMG 2400rds. I fancy arranging something similar at my local site, maybe allow the LSW's a hicap initailly & then mid's like the riflemen but unrestricted ammo as it's would just be a general game.

I've been flip-flopping between the VFC Mk43 and CA M249 for awhile now, and I think a gun + loadout is more important than just a gun. If you didn't realize it yet, I think I'll go with the 249. :)

I have a few questions, though:

1. What's the largest battery that can be fitted in the Para's foregrip? I'll probably use a 8.4V NiMH, with a mild upgrade (30-40 fps over stock).

2. If I opted for a lower RAS instead of the stock Para foregrip, could I still fit a battery in it? (no upper RAS or heatshield, and I'd like to avoid a PEQ or different stock)

3. What's wrong with the MAG 100rd soft pouch? I love the look, remote switch, and compact size. Is there anything I could do to make it reliable?

4. I'm going for a "TOTS M249 gunner" style weapon and loadout. Any recommendations?

Sorry for the support n00bness, and thanks for your help.

Hey mate,

You wouldnt go wrong with either, but the Para 249 is gorgeous.

1) I've got a Mk1 so it has exactly the same size foregrip and I have a 9.6v 1900 mah nunchuck style battery in mine. Its perfect as half of one side of the battery fits into the whole where the fuse comes through from the gearbox allowing more space for the other half :)

2) Not sure about this one..but I assume you could.

3) The concensus is the MAG mag :P is pretty good, the only problem I found with them is you dont have a pre-made bipod like with the solid 200rd style ones which I find extremely handy. But the remote switch is really nice to have.

4) TOTS? :P

Hope this helps a little.

Chrissy

Hey mate,

You wouldnt go wrong with either, but the Para 249 is gorgeous.

1) I've got a Mk1 so it has exactly the same size foregrip and I have a 9.6v 1900 mah nunchuck style battery in mine. Its perfect as half of one side of the battery fits into the whole where the fuse comes through from the gearbox allowing more space for the other half :)

2) Not sure about this one..but I assume you could.

3) The concensus is the MAG mag :P is pretty good, the only problem I found with them is you dont have a pre-made bipod like with the solid 200rd style ones which I find extremely handy. But the remote switch is really nice to have.

Chrissy

I have to agree with Chrissyg's assessment.

I wouldn't bother with a full length barrel CA M249. There doesn't seem to be much effect on the grouping & the long barrel is bloody awkward, I currently have the minimi set up as the full length model and fixed stock. Looks the part and will fit a reasonable battery in the stock but it's rather unwieldy.

I have & use both 200rd box & 100rd MAG "nutbag".

The CA SAW box mag will work fine as a support for the gun, so much so I rarely use the fitted bipod with it & of course it can hold a large battery as well as bb's.

The MAG nutbag seems to suffer fewer failures to feed due to a bb getting stuck in the tube (maybe just the one I have) and I use the MAG adaptor for both systems now. It is much easier to detach from the gun and is of course more compact but given the size of the 249 it's not a hugh advantage. Initailly I found the AEG outpaced the MAG's ability to supply bb's on sustained fire but this has "broken in" and is now comparable to the 200rd box.

TOTS = Tiny TOTS! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I've been searching high and low for an answer to this question... no one knows!

What gears should I get for a *forum limits + 70* upgrade? The AEX FTK doesn't come with any gears whatsoever, contrary to popular belief:

http://homepage.mac.com/lixiejun/.Pictures...-UpKits.JPG.jpg

Are the stock gears okay? Do I really need a new cylinder, cylinder head, piston head, and spring guide? I figured the most essential parts for an upgrade would be a new piston, gears, and spring, NONE of which are included in the FTK! Help, por favor...

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys suggest in the way of a sidearm for a support gunner? I'll be using a STAR Mk43 as soon as it is released with an extra two full box mags. Do you think I should even invest in a quality sidearm? I have been considering just buying a UHC NBB USP and a cheap holster for looks and as an absolute last resort in the rare occasion that I've emptied both box mags and have no time to refill them.

I'll be rockin' a TM Mk23 NBB for quiet kills and CQB. If you're running out of ammo for your LMG, just be sure to carry more ammo next time. :D

I'm almost done with my loadout. Just need a few final touches:

(everything in OD/FG, unless otherwise noted)

SKD Tactical/Eagle MOLLE chest rig -

- TAG M60/M240 100rd pouch (ammo)

- Eagle admin pouch (spare goggle/radio batteries)

- Blackwater large suppressor pouch (Mk23 suppressor)

- PPM double 40mm pouch x2 (4x pullring smokes)

- Blackwater small suppressor pouch (VFC "flashbang" gas charger)

CamelBak Ambush -

- HSGI mini radio pouch (Motorola T7200)

- Motorola T7200 FRS/GMRS radio

- Pryme SPM-1400 headset

- BHI single M4 mag pouch (TM 470rd speedloader, for Mk23)

Tactical Tailor MOLLE belt medium -

- Tactical Tailor 1H utility pouch x2 (more bbs/batteries)

- Specter Gear triple pistol mag pouch (Mk23 mags)

- BHI triple M4 mag pouch (1 3000rd bb bag per pouch)

- Tactical Tailor thigh dump pouch

- FAD Custom Mk23 thigh holster

Clothing -

- 5.11 Tactical TDU pants x2 (MARPAT)

- 5.11 Tactical baseball cap

- DRAG team patch x3

- DRAG nametape x3

- BattleZone "Drummer" velcro nametapes x3

Nice loadout drummer, I've thought about the TM Mk23, but I don't know yet, I might keep my M3 shorty w/ M1014 stock in a custom made molle multicam shotgun scabbard on the back of my plate carrier, and just use that as a secondary.

Anyway since drummer listed his loadout I thought it'd be cool to list mine.

(Almost all my stuff will be in Multicam or coyote.)

Condor knockoff Plate Carrier(replica of a blackhawk PC I believe) in OD

2x Tactical Tailor SAW ammo pouches(one for my spare boxmag, the other filled with bags of bbs)

Tactical Tailor 4rnd 40mm M203 grenade pouch(for smoke grenades)

Tactical Tailor 3L hydration bladder

Alta kneepads

Boom mic of some kind, and a motorola radio

Clothing

cheapo HK Multicam ACU-cut BDU(until I buy SKDtac or real Crye)

velcroTeam patch

velcro "REAPER" nametape

velcro reversed multicam US flag patch

velcro "B POS" bloodtype nametape

Obviously all the sidearm related gear is missing until I find out what I'll be using

Nice loadout drummer, I've thought about the TM Mk23, but I don't know yet, I might keep my M3 shorty w/ M1014 stock in a custom made molle multicam shotgun scabbard on the back of my plate carrier, and just use that as a secondary.

2x Tactical Tailor SAW ammo pouches(one for my spare boxmag, the other filled with bags of bbs)

Alta kneepads

Clothing

velcroTeam patch

velcro "REAPER" nametape

Obviously all the sidearm related gear is missing until I find out what I'll be using

well for my sidearm when i using my mod g3 with 3000 c mag i always have my glock 18 c hidden out the way in case they come from behind i came in hand at combat south last time i was there

Alta kneepads

Clothing

velcroTeam patch

velcro "REAPER" nametape

Nice loadout, but I'd recommend something a bit "less" for your sidearm, unless you're pretty beefy. As the former owner of a shotgun exactly like yours, that could get pretty cumbersome/high-drag. It would be friggin' sweet and fun, but heavy and bulky.

The more I think about it, I might just sell my current molle items and go for a high-quality BH ISSAK 60/SAW gunner vest. Does anybody know ANYWHERE I could find one for less than $200 new or used. I found one place through Froogle, but that's Airsoft Arms and I've had horrible experiences with them in the past and won't order from there. Also, where do any of you US players buy your pull-string smoke grenades? All I find on froogle/ebay is the lighter/match ignition type or real M18s which are around $20-$30 apiece.

The more I think about it, I might just sell my current molle items and go for a high-quality BH ISSAK 60/SAW gunner vest. Does anybody know ANYWHERE I could find one for less than $200 new or used. I found one place through Froogle, but that's Airsoft Arms and I've had horrible experiences with them in the past and won't order from there. Also, where do any of you US players buy your pull-string smoke grenades? All I find on froogle/ebay is the lighter/match ignition type or real M18s which are around $20-$30 apiece.

Although it might look great, it's generally way too much "stuff" for airsoft gunners. Do you really need all that storage room? That's a LOT of extra bbs/batteries...

A good MOLLE rig is generally a lot lower drag, plus the modularity is nice if you have other primaries.

really want to get the fps to around a constant 350fps

is it worth upgrading the internals?

If your gun is too hot to use at UK fields, I'd say no. :D

Archived