Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

battery sling, get that bit of weight off of your arms and on your back, thats what I do on my CA para and its quite comfy. and yes the full stock will be lighter since it is hollow plastic and not a chunk of metal. Other than that dropping the bipod and losing the top heatshield will be the best options

I dont fancy losing the bipod so will forego the Ris option. I can see how the ranger one works roughly in the pics, steel plate with two holes which goes into the handgrip. Ive probably got steelplate here somewhere but no grips, any suggestions here.

Ive been looking at the vehicle mount hole, a handle on a hinge connected to a pin which goes through would work perhaps? Need more metal working skills, could make a nice one out of wood on the lathe but I cant see that working long term:)

Im going to go down the ranger route I think, seems simpler perhaps. Anyone recomend or have a cheap foregrip that could be used If I manufactured the steel/aluminium plate necessary? I can see how to make the attaching shape for the gun mounting area but have never seen how a foregrip attaches. Ive attached a paint file rough drawing, dont abuse me too much over it though.

7xlmzk5.jpg

grip.bmp

Made a bracket instead that has 2 20mm RIS rails so I can attach practically any grip that I want, Im thinking of putting a green laser unit on the top possibly. Enough clearance for existing bipod as well. I made it for the right side as the gun just sits quite comfortably in that postition. Im going to make a left side copy tomorrow so that I can have the grip position choice and multiple RIS options.

A lot of the pressure in holding the weight of the gun with the existing handgrip is vastly reduced. Cheap chinese grip at the moment, Im unsure what would compliment it best. Bolt that holds it in place also needs replacing for looks, its 12mm diameter and through the mount hole making the whole rig extremely solid.

6xs2xjp.jpg

6jqbubo.jpg

Looking forward to taking it out.

• 3 weeks later...

can someone give me some info on whats the biggest battery that will fit into an A&K foregrip? someone said its only a mini, but ive got this battery that has a large adapter, is as wide as a large battery, but not as long. its only 5" long, where as the regular large batterys are 6". if anyone can say whether it will fit, that would be a great help. if it wont, is there any alternative other than guying the mk2 version?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm moving into the support role, and I'm mainly sticking to RLI, Rhodesian Light Infantry. I'm waiting for a MAG to come out, hopefully an affordable one. Anyways, from an airsofter's perspective, I need to get a bit of the "low-down" on support gunning.

-Does anyone have an airsoft specific support gunner/guide/FAQ?

-What do you like and dislike about Support Gunning?

-Does it really cost as much as I think?

Hi guys,

I'm moving into the support role, and I'm mainly sticking to RLI, Rhodesian Light Infantry. I'm waiting for a MAG to come out, hopefully an affordable one. Anyways, from an airsofter's perspective, I need to get a bit of the "low-down" on support gunning.

-Does anyone have an airsoft specific support gunner/guide/FAQ?

-What do you like and dislike about Support Gunning?

-Does it really cost as much as I think?

dont have any faqs only muscles, also looking for some reading, any US army manuals out there on this? loads on sniping for instance

i like laying down lots of long heavy suppressing fire and allowing others in to storm or medics in for rescues, spraying like a fountain and shouting commands for team members to complete the task

i dislike being the hulk, no scrambling through the rhodedendrons for instance on a ninja style stealth mission or such like

its fairly cheap from my AnK perspective under £350/$700 at the moment including extra grips, batteries, springs, bits, allthough Ill never stop spending on her

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived