Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ofcourse there will be a wear difference between a V3 and CA PGC gearbox as the CA gearbox was designed for sustained fire. However, the V3 would be pretty much the next best thing for a support gunner if you are thinking about an MG36 just dont be overly generous with your bursts (like I am with my CA...30second bursts+ :P)

Go ahead mate! Custom guns FTW!

I need some advice on support guns so this seems to be the place to ask.

I'm thinking about getting a Star m249 para but I want a solid stock on it (I think they look better), the onlys ones I can find are for TOP 249's so does anyone know if it would go on the Star or would it be a Dremel and Milliput job?

What batterys does fit in the Star box mag? I've hurd that many conflicting pieces of info I'm confused. I've got a 9.6 and 8.4 large that I use in my M16, will they fit?

and lastly,

Will running it on a 9.6v battery cause it to blow up in like half a mag?

Is there anything else I should know about the Star M249?

Oh and noone say "buy am CA instead it am da bestest!1one!!" If I didn't want a new M4 as well I would be buying a CA.

Can the CA MKII's barrel be shortened to para length? I read that on an ASCUK review, but I'm not sure. Hacksaw mods are always possible, but I was hoping that wouldn't be the only way.

Yes, just buy a guarder 14mm+ para flashhider(or any other brand of course as long as it is 14mm+)

The Star doesn't use a longer length inner barrel for its MkII?

Yes it does. I had to get a M4 lenght inner barrel when changing to a PARA flashhider.

*Edit, was ardrummer292 talking about the inner barrel? If so you need to get a M4 lenght inner barrel to get it PARA length.

well i have a g3 with a 2 3000 round dum mag and i never run out in a game it a same as i have 1 50 round mag which has been give the name of when the s**t hits the fan mag but i think i all dpends on if u lay a lot of cover fire or not how many rounds you go thought  :D

Turn down your verbal ROF so you can fit some punctuation in there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question for you CA boxmag users:

How do you wind the mag when you're standing/crouched? I imagine it would be quite awkward to support the weapon by holding the bottom of the box mag (where the winding button is located). Since Hillslam's assessment of the (apparently substandard and unreliable) MAG 100rd replica box, I've been wondering how to feed the gun without a remote pressure switch.

• 3 weeks later...

first off holy cow thast alot of info on squad formation when i play the support usually stays at or close to the back because he covers the rear and lays down the law when neede for retreats or realy anything that just how we play its probably wrong

also one key piece of advice carry as much ammo as possible meaning drums hi-caps extra ammo anything you got because your really going to spray when your squad runs into trouble, because when that happens you have to act like god and just let the bb's rain down on the enemy

heres my two cents :D

That, and a plastic SAW is just wrong. :)

Quite. But I'm also a bit of a snob when it comes to support weapons, I just can't stand patriots fitted with box bags.... ;)

As to ammo consumption Jimmypie (carrying team CA249) & I (Top M60) put 60K rounds down before lunch not too long ago. :)

I've been mulling over the idea of building a CA based MK46 but have now given in to the call of the VFC MK43. It's a big boy gun after all. :P

On the tactical formation front I tend to prefer the simple, airsoft being a pretty informal sport after all. Generally a skirmish line with SAW's a few paces back works fine in smaller sites.

For larger open areas my team adopts wedge or arrow head patterns although these are fairly loose. In this case at least one support weapon is positioned to cover the leading player(s).

If you're playing with other 'simmers, should work fine, but if you're planning on providing support during your average skirmish, you'll easily need at least ten times that ammunition capacity to provide effective support against AEGs with hi-caps.

Waco Kid, you wont regret a Mk43... Easily, by miles and miles past anything else, the best gun I've ever used, never mind best support weapon.

If you're playing with other 'simmers, should work fine, but if you're planning on providing support during your average skirmish, you'll easily need at least ten times that ammunition capacity to provide effective support against AEGs with hi-caps.

no offence, but that makes no sense. Belladonna said an mg36 wich IS an aeg first of all a darn good one, second she said she has a hi-cap so what are you trying to say? :huh:

do you know what an mg36 is?

Id bet a couple of hundred dollars that he knows what an MG36 is. I think you are reading it a little wrong, hes merely saying you need a larger amount of ammo for performing the role of support gunner when against AEG's.

Bella, id really advise getting a C-mag, but its upto you if its auto winding or not...I find my auto winding 2500round mag for my CA249 makes me use ammo far too quickly as it feeds ridiculously fast on a 9.6v and reloading hi-caps just ###### me off :P

BUY A C-MAG!!! :P

Archived