107 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• XBOX 360
    • PS3

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS3 FTW!!!111one!!!

1. There are so many good games that are only going to come out for PS3, all of which I am looking forward to. (Vision Gran Turismo, MGS4, Formula One '06, etc...)

2. The ability to play games in 1080p with close to life graphics and a surround system will blow the socks off of any gamer.

3. Fully backwards compatible with PS2 and PS games even with the smaller package, unlike the 360.

The only thing that I am not looking forward to is the price point. $600 is a bit steep. :blink:

PS3 wins here. They rushed the release of the 360 to get it out before christmas. My friend got one, and it's eaten 4 of his discs and continuously overheats. The 360 has no advantage whatsoever over the PS2 (tried and true *albatross*-kicker),which is already out, aside from graphics, except it costs 4x as much. I play my N64 ($15) as much as my PS2 ($300 4.5 years ago), because graphics shouldnt matter to any real gamer, aside from racing games.

The original xbox was a PoS anyways. The only game anyone bought was Halo, and even that wasn't worth it because it was already on PC, and Half-Life 2 is better. EVERY somewhat good game on xbox is on computer, or isn't worth buying. People say all the time "But ORH whatz aboutz xzboxz livez haha lolz!!11!2!!!" I've played xbox live and it isn't any better than playing a computer, and especially isn't worth paying for. I'll pwn the xbox 360 here with reasons it sucks:

1) Controllers. The 360 completely ripped off the PS2 in design, and made it sh*tty anyways. It's almost identical to the PS2, but has less buttons, therefore less functions and is inferior. It is less comfortable, and is monstrous. Seriously, the original xbox controller was at least 8 pounds, and could probably kill a cat if you dropped it from 5 feet. It also has a stupid giant "xbox" gem in case you forget what system you're playing in the middle of a game.

2) The concept. Bill gates must have thought "hmm...maybe i could steal the design of every system in history, add a bunch of useless bullsh*t, and call it a system. I'll make it black and green, and include "x" in the name because everyone knows that x is extreme and extreme is what's cool." the 360/xbox had everything that a good system could have: a beefy hard drive, a fast processor, dvd capabilities-but saying you made a good system because you used the best parts is like saying you made a good painting because you used the best paints.

3) Games-every somewhat ok game is ripped off of another, but made worse. I've already thoroughly pwned the xbox about this.

I don't want to go on, this post is getting to long and i think i'm gonna go smash up my friend's xbox, them smash him up for being a dumbass. Point in case: xbox sucks, playstation and N64 rock, hands down.

[/angry rant]

PS3 wins here. They rushed the release of the 360 to get it out before christmas. My friend got one, and it's eaten 4 of his discs and continuously overheats. The 360 has no advantage whatsoever over the PS2 (tried and true *albatross*-kicker),which is already out, aside from graphics, except it costs 4x as much. I play my N64 ($15) as much as my PS2 ($300 4.5 years ago), because graphics shouldnt matter to any real gamer, aside from racing games.

The PS2 is a pos, I dont know where you are getting tried and true. Ive had two break on me, I havent bought one since. Also, the 360 doesnt overheat if you know what you are doing. Put it on an open surface, and dont play for 15 hours straight. Dont post bs you just think you know about. 360 has Gears of War, Halo, dead rising, bioshock, mass effect,GTA 4,and a bunch of other games that are looking great. What does Ps3 have? FF (wow is this number 20 or something?), and Msg4, plus a whole bunch of ######. RIIIIIIDGE RACER!

The original xbox was a PoS anyways. The only game anyone bought was Halo, and even that wasn't worth it because it was already on PC, and Half-Life 2 is better. EVERY somewhat good game on xbox is on computer, or isn't worth buying. People say all the time "But ORH whatz aboutz xzboxz livez haha lolz!!11!2!!!" I've played xbox live and it isn't any better than playing a computer, and especially isn't worth paying for. I'll pwn the xbox 360 here with reasons it sucks:

1) Controllers. The 360 completely ripped off the PS2 in design, and made it sh*tty anyways. It's almost identical to the PS2, but has less buttons, therefore less functions and is inferior. It is less comfortable, and is monstrous. Seriously, the original xbox controller was at least 8 pounds, and could probably kill a cat if you dropped it from 5 feet. It also has a stupid giant "xbox" gem in case you forget what system you're playing in the middle of a game.

2) The concept. Bill gates must have thought "hmm...maybe i could steal the design of every system in history, add a bunch of useless bullsh*t, and call it a system. I'll make it black and green, and include "x" in the name because everyone knows that x is extreme and extreme is what's cool." the 360/xbox had everything that a good system could have: a beefy hard drive, a fast processor, dvd capabilities-but saying you made a good system because you used the best parts is like saying you made a good painting because you used the best paints.

3) Games-every somewhat ok game is ripped off of another, but made worse. I've already thoroughly pwned the xbox about this.

I don't want to go on, this post is getting to long and i think i'm gonna go smash up my friend's xbox, them smash him up for being a dumbass. Point in case: xbox sucks, playstation and N64 rock, hands down.

Ive almost never seen an original xbox break. It had halo, ninja gaiden,forza, and all the other games ps2 had. How the *fruitcage* did they rip off the ps2 design? Quit talking out of your *albatross*, they look nothing alike. Triggers > R buttons. If you want to talk about ripoffs.. Sony ripped off the analog stick first, they ripped off motion sensing from the Wii, and they are ripping off XBL. Xbox live is awesome, you can download trailers, demos, themes, basically anything. Lets see ps2 do that. And why the hell are you ripping on the original xbox looks anyway? This is a 360 thread. And what exactly does looks have to do with performance? Typical sony fanboy argument here.

2) Again you are talking about the original xbox. And what the hell is wrong with putting the best stuff out there into your system? Apparently something is wrong according to you. "Omg lets put play in the name of PlayStation, because playing is fun" Thats your argument? Wow amazing. Yes, it has alot of great stuff, which makes it great. Am I missing something here. Sony rips off way more stuff for its playstation.

3) How is this even an argument. Yeah I wanna play another *fruitcage* japanese CGI movie pressed to a disc over and over. (Final Fantasy Twelve anyone? And all the other ###### RPG's that come out on PS) 360 original games.. BioShock, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Too human.. the list goes on.

Oh, and just in case anyone missed it.

http://www.gameklip.com/v/719/

orh, much as your rant exceeds the limits of brainpower here, I feel I must disagree for one very simple reason.

The PS3 isn't out yet. Until it's released and we can actually compare the two playing the same games side by side, we won't be able to tell which will be better. So, for my opinion, once I can play a PS3, then I'll let you guys know which I feel is better and why.

...Oh, and on a side note, your post was extremely MicroSoft hate-filled. I would debate with you, but I have to go pick up my friend so we can do absolutely nothing in town.

EDIT: When I have the time, I'll debate with your theory as well, phoenix.

The PS2 is a pos, I dont know where you are getting tried and true. Ive had two break on me, I havent bought one since. Also, the 360 doesnt overheat if you know what you are doing. Put it on an open surface, and dont play for 15 hours straight. Dont post bs you just think you know about. 360 has Gears of War, Halo, dead rising, bioshock, mass effect,GTA 4,and a bunch of other games that are looking great. What does Ps3 have? FF (wow is this number 20 or something?), and Msg4, plus a whole bunch of ######. RIIIIIIDGE RACER!

Ive almost never seen an original xbox break. It had halo, ninja gaiden,forza, and all the other games ps2 had. How the *fruitcage* did they rip off the ps2 design? Quit talking out of your *albatross*, they look nothing alike. Triggers > R buttons. If you want to talk about ripoffs.. Sony ripped off the analog stick first, they ripped off motion sensing from the Wii, and they are ripping off XBL. Xbox live is awesome, you can download trailers, demos, themes, basically anything. Lets see ps2 do that. And why the hell are you ripping on the original xbox looks anyway? This is a 360 thread. And what exactly does looks have to do with performance? Typical sony fanboy argument here.

2) Again you are talking about the original xbox. And what the hell is wrong with putting the best stuff out there into your system? Apparently something is wrong according to you. "Omg lets put play in the name of PlayStation, because playing is fun" Thats your argument? Wow amazing. Yes, it has alot of great stuff, which makes it great. Am I missing something here. Sony rips off way more stuff for its playstation.

3) How is this even an argument. Yeah I wanna play another *fruitcage* japanese CGI movie pressed to a disc over and over. (Final Fantasy Twelve anyone? And all the other ###### RPG's that come out on PS) 360 original games.. BioShock, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Too human.. the list goes on.

Oh, and just in case anyone missed it.

http://www.gameklip.com/v/719/

I apologize for my overly dramatic *cue soap opera chord* rant. As usual i'm p.o'ed about something. This time it's TV. Imagine a fat, zit covered blistered *albatross*. That's what it's like watching tv today. I watched some show on mtv called "the hills." I have never said "what the hell?" so loud before in my life. This show is essentially a bunch of typical hollywood whores whoring their way wround whoreville for whorey ###### money. I changed the channel to CNN.

Here's what i learned from watching CNN:

-robin willians has started drinking

-some stupid new movies are out

-jennifer aniston and brad pitt are argueing (or something like that)

-Katie holmes and angelina jolie are fighting

-tom cruise is still an *albatross*-hole

-world trade center comes out.

They advertised coverage on the recent terrorist plot foilage, but instead talked about the WTC movie. As cold and unpatriotic as it makes me feel, *fruitcage* that. i don't want to hear about a bunch of phonies in hollywood, i want to hear about how we just handed terrorists their *albatross* on a plate with all the trimmings. Wow, that got a little long.

Back on track, viper, i know the PS3 isn't out yet, sorry to judge early but i just plain don't like the xbox (as if you didn't already know that). Microsoft makes good computers, but their system was a little unoriginal.

As for you pheonix, you stated many debatable things here. First off, how did you break two PS2's? I've had the same one for (going on) 5 years, and i've never had any problems. I have probably 3-4 thousand hours on it and it works like the day i bought it. Also, the xbox doesn't have all the good ps2 games. Gran turismo anyone? 3 was one of the best seling games of all time, and 4 was probably the best driving simulator of all time. The GTA series was out on ps2 for a long while before xbox (after 3), and LCS hasn't been released at all on xbox. GTA4 probably won't be up to as many people's standards as thought. Every time a new GTA is released, i go buy it, and it's almost exactly the same as the last one. With all due respect to rockstar, whatever they can come up with has been done.

Along with these are the FF series, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, front mission (might be on xbox), and many, many others.

You said the xbox is different because the controllers look like triggers for r and l. Way to go, you noticed a trivial difference. You left out the fact that the buttons are IN THE EXACT SAME PLACES. I respect nintendo for taking the high road and being original here. Also, you said the xbox can download stuff? wow, a box capable of downloading? That's never been done...oh wait...a PC dumbass.

I don't intend to buy a PS3, or a 360, or a wii (come on...it's named after something you can do in a toilet. And don't egg me on for that you all thought the same thing) because i'm fine with my PS2. Any games that come out will have already been done, and graphics make minimal difference to me. The 360 is still a major improvement from the xbox, and does have some respectable qualities, but my n64 and ps2 will be fine for me.

As for you pheonix, you stated many debatable things here. First off, how did you break two PS2's? I've had the same one for (going on) 5 years, and i've never had any problems. I have probably 3-4 thousand hours on it and it works like the day i bought it. Also, the xbox doesn't have all the good ps2 games. Gran turismo anyone? 3 was one of the best seling games of all time, and 4 was probably the best driving simulator of all time. The GTA series was out on ps2 for a long while before xbox (after 3), and LCS hasn't been released at all on xbox. GTA4 probably won't be up to as many people's standards as thought. Every time a new GTA is released, i go buy it, and it's almost exactly the same as the last one. With all due respect to rockstar, whatever they can come up with has been done.

Along with these are the FF series, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, front mission (might be on xbox), and many, many others.

The PS2's just died after awhile (maybe a year), and I have seen it happen to many other people.

You said the xbox is different because the controllers look like triggers for r and l. Way to go, you noticed a trivial difference. You left out the fact that the buttons are IN THE EXACT SAME PLACES. I respect nintendo for taking the high road and being original here. Also, you said the xbox can download stuff? wow, a box capable of downloading? That's never been done...oh wait...a PC dumbass.

I don't intend to buy a PS3, or a 360, or a wii (come on...it's named after something you can do in a toilet. And don't egg me on for that you all thought the same thing) because i'm fine with my PS2. Any games that come out will have already been done, and graphics make minimal difference to me. The 360 is still a major improvement from the xbox, and does have some respectable qualities, but my n64 and ps2 will be fine for me.

If you cant notice the difference between the Ps2 and xbox controllers, there is just no helping you. The joysticks are in a much better position on the xbox (esp for FPS play). And it just feels more comfortable in my hand. Yes you can obviously download demos and videos on a PC, but if you havent noticed. The thread title is XBOX360 VS PS3 not XBOX360 vs PC vs PS3.. Hopefully you have the initiative to actually read the thread title.

Yes you can obviously download demos and videos on a PC, but if you havent noticed. The thread title is XBOX360 VS PS3 not XBOX360 vs PC vs PS3.. Hopefully you have the initiative to actually read the thread title.

I am well aware of the thread title, and i wasnt saying PC PWNS ALL LOLZ!!!8 I was merely saying that the ability to download trailers and such is unneccesary because you already have a computer to do it more easily and more efficiently. Consoles are usually better than PC for games, but if a game is already out on PC there is no reason to go pay hundreds of dollars so you can play it somewhere else. Also note: i know many, many people with ps2's and none of theirs have ever had any problems. As for FPS games, i will say they both aren't great. If anything i'm biased towards N64 because of the controller layout. N64 also has 2 of the most acclaimed FPs games ever made: Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye. PDZ isn't much better than the original except for graphics, which is compensated by the fact that you can buy an N64 and PD original for less than PDZ alone. I will leave this thread to others now to state their humble opinions, except if viper has input on this which i will read because viper is a cool guy and is worth listening to.

Microsoft makes good computers, but their system was a little unoriginal.

Microsoft don't make computers, they make software... which is rarely original.

If graphics aren't an issue and you're looking for new/original games then why aren't you getting a Wii?

I plan on getting one just because of the multiplayer potential. Few friends, few beers and motion sensitive contolls... :D

As for the 360 Vs. PS3 aspect, I'd get a 360 because of the price alone. For me, the extra power doesn't justify the extra cost, and all the PS3 exclusive games don't really interest me (except the Gran Turismo series).

Saying this the only console I have atm is a DS. I've had NES, Megadrive, Game Boy (& Color & Advance) Playstation, Dreamcast, PS2 and Xbox and I've sold each and every one because I just don't play games (I had a couple for PC, but I've even ditched that now). I'm looking for something different, and Nintendo seem to be moving in a direction I like.

Right now, its hard to say. But I read the feature article in EGM a while back, which was a bit feature on all the upcoming games for the next-gen consoles. The 360 seemed to have alot of exclusive games that were interesting, like MASS EFFECT (i like sci-fi and KOTOR owned), while the only game that piqued my interest for PS3 was MGS4. But MGS4 is gonna be the greatest game ever, so its a tough decision. By the way, this argument (360 vs ps3) won't ever be resolved, especially before PS3 comes out.

PS: I cant believe I'm saying this, but I think the 360 controller feels better in my hand than the dualshock :yikes:

Without getting embroiled in this e-penis *beep* fest, let me just say something, the PS2 was NOT better than the xbox, but it had a clear jump on the xbox regarding time tables and that was a huge factor in allowing it's software to mature by the time the xbox came out.

However look at the games coming out in the next 4-5 months, I got the chance to go go to Ubisoft last week, as my company does some contract work for them, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent is amazing, friggin amazing. As much as I like the cinematic nature of MGS, Splinter Cell OWNS MGS when it comes to gameplay, and frankly it's all about the software. The PS3 has it's entrenched fan boys, but the smart people will go to where the best software lies. But as pointed out what exclusives, like system selling "I GOTTA HAVE IT" games will the PS3 have? Not nearly as many as people think.

And frankly once you strip out Blu-Ray, which has already started to become a joke in the HD world (HD DVD is kicking it's *albatross* in sales) then all you have is a 600 dollar game system of which the PS3 has no amazing system selling launch titles. I've seen the Killzone fluff video, and the MGS videos, okay that's fine, but show me the gameplay. Sony can NOT expect to coast on the PS2, frankly fantacism makes a gamer buy a system, great software makes people continue to USE a system.

EDIT: I wouldn't consider MGS4 a game, but rather a big cutscene that occasionally says, "Hey yeah we'll let you play for a while...oh wait, PUMP FAKE....watch some more cutscenes!"

Archived