Which do you prefer?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• XBOX 360
    • PS3

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I will be getting either a PS3 or a 360, but if some gypsy offered me one or the other for free in a toilet cubicle in the local bar, I would probably take a PS3. To be honest, I'm not excited about any of the games that are coming out for it. I like the idea of a really powerful system, I like the fact that it has a Linux OS, and I like the blu-ray technology.

What I don't like is the controller (it's exactly the same as the PS2 Dual Shock with motion sensitivity, which equals large cramp for my large hands. People are going on about how amazing the controllers are, but in my opinion, they are the most uncomfortable controller I have held. And I hate the analouge sticks). I also don't like the fact that I can't play Halo 3, which would be the only reason I would consider an Xbox. Furthermore, the price tag SCARES me.

Either way, I am not going to buy it, because it is so damn expensive, I am not going to buy an HDTV (especially not 1080p), nor a blu-ray player, until those technologies get SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. I am not interested in buying a powerful console, because PS3+1080p HDTV = a lot, and in two years time, for that price, I can build a PC which will totally own it. PCs will ALWAYS be more powerful than consoles, because new technology is developed nearly every month, and consoles only get updated every five years or so. Whatever happens, I will be buying a Wii :P

playstation and N64 rock, hands down.

Yes, you are right. Don't know about playstation, but N64 rocks. It rocks hard.

I actually thought the ps2 had much more interesting games than the xbox. More triple-a exclusives like GTA, Final Fantasy, and MGS, while Xbox had Halo (not *that* awesome) and maybe Ninja Gaiden.

The prices are getting kind of crazy, so I'm definitely gonna wait and see which one I'll prefer, if any at all.

One good thing about this generation of consoles is that since costs for producing games are going through the roofs, many publishers are putting their game on as many consoles as possible, which means less exclusives, and less of a difference between which console you choose.

Titleist, that trip to Ubisoft sounds awesome, I hope Double Agent keeps up the coolness of the past 3 games. And Metal Gear Solid doesn't have an unreasonable amount of cutscenes, just enough to deliver a more detailed and satisfying plot. If you want to see crazy long cutscenes, check out Xenosaga :). Up to hour long cutscenes at time, now that is dumb.

But some people don't have enough money to buy all those consoles so they want to have a console for their tastes.

Personally I want the more powerful console but both are pretty equal to me. The 360 will be cheaper than the PS3, and everybody loves Halo. But I am not sure if the PS3 is more powerful.

Also I like the fact that the PS3 has free online multiplayer, which is good since I don't have a high-end pc with 8-meg broadband.

Personally I want the more powerful console but both are pretty equal to me. The 360 will be cheaper than the PS3, and everybody loves Halo. But I am not sure if the PS3 is more powerful.

Hardware wise the PS3 is more powerful, but that doesn't count for *beep* unless the software developers use it's full potential.

I reckon that with any new system it takes the developers about a year to figure out how far they can push it, and how to best use it's features (like the motion sensors) without just using them for the sake of it.

If I was gonna buy either, I'd wait about a year when they have a larger selection of good quality games available, and hopefully a price drop. I'm hoping that once the PS3 is out Sony and Microsoft will have a real price war... which I can see happening when Sony realise their £425 system just isn't selling nearly as much as they hoped.

360:

When Halo 3 come's out, it'll put a huge dent on the PS3's reputation, this cause the halo franchise has gripped alot of people, hence why more people have bought more Xbox's than PS2's cause of Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Now Halo 3 is due out, everyone's gonna buy a 360 just for Halo 3.

Yeah, cos how much a game sells is an indicator of how good it is. Cos people NEVER buy stuff just because of hype. *Cough*Tomb Raider*cough*

:zorro:

I see, but i still prefer "Gaybox" as you put it, to "PenisSock 2" :P

Dont kid me wrong, TR Legend was a good game (bout time they revamped it and went away from eygpt), but it still bugs me about the water effects when you throw a grenade in the water, it doesnt go boom and shoot water everywhere. :(

Xbox 360.

Yes it was released before christmas, .. but when the PS3 comes out, .. it's going to be major buggy, .. it's gonna have problems, .. and i know the 360 has them as well.

Halo 3 is not the only "Big Seller" for the 360, .. other games such as:

Medal Of Honor - Airborne

Brothers In Arms - Hells Highway

I heard Dead Or Alive is on the 360, .. but i'm not sure if it's out already or not.

there's also going to be Major sellers on the PS3, .. but at the price tag it's going to be, .. sony have put an axe in their *albartroth*.

Archived