Marpat Gear

Billy210

Sorry if this is a popular topic, I don't show my face in the Gear section much :)

Anyway, I'm looking at kitting out a four or five man team with a distinctive camo pattern. We like the look of Marpat, but we just want the basic jacket-and-trousers combo rather than shelling out for assault vests and other stuff.

Anyone know a decent UK source for Marpat?

Oh, by the way, feel free to suggest other patterns if you like. Except ACU. We were considering that too but I just read the thread on it.......

flecktarn.co.uk do replica marpat. I'm wearing some right now actually... quite a few people I've talked to don't like the fit, and it's not the real-deal stuff (no idea where to get that) but if it's just the look you want, they'll be able to help you out

btw, I have no problem with the fit, just some people don't like it...

Thanks guys, I'll have a look on flecktarn. Kousnik- do you mean US woodland? Sorry to be a noob but I'm not really a camo person :)

Do i mean US Woodland when i say what?

regarding pics of MARPAT in action - There was a thread recently with a mass of 'in action' pics with plenty of MARPAT. If I can locate it, ill PM you the URL.

Have you been to your local Marine Corps base recently?

I don't think there are many in England :)

Anyway thanks guys. I found the M84- looks pretty cool. BTW it's Danish- I just thought I'd heard someone refer to USW as M84 before.

I think I'm going to go with the marpat, just gotta wait and see what my team thinks :)

I don't think there are many in England :)

Anyway thanks guys. I found the M84- looks pretty cool. BTW it's Danish- I just thought I'd heard someone refer to USW as M84 before.

I think I'm going to go with the marpat, just gotta wait and see what my team thinks :)

I got my set of MARPAT off eBay. You have to hunt around and find a dealer that ships to where you live, but it is do-able.

hey

didnt want to make a new thread but dose anyone know were i can get some deset tigerstrip ? dose it even exsist ?

also how well dose MARPAT do in urban ?

cheers

It does exist.... I have no idea where to find it.

What kind of urban? Iraq urban, NYC urban, or a more normal town that has some trees? It'll do alright, but ACU is probably better for urban.

You could try twelve weeks at PI.

:ph34r:®

I +1'ed you. It is unacceptable to put your name on marpat as though you are a real marine. That's for a different section, however.

On another note, I apologize for giving mis-information about the m84. I was almost positive that it was U.S. woodland thus did not double check. I want to thank Doc for correcting me. ;)

As far as I'm aware, SOF only sell non genuine Tru-spec copies, however, the recent Tru-spec Marpat is spot on for colour and pattern (comparing it to my real deal stuff)

Real deal marine issue Marpat (especially in dessy) is hard to source, especially in the regular sizes like Medium regular, and get it shipped to the U.K.

Best bet is ebay, there are plenty of sellers on there offering real deal Marpat, in all sorts of extreme sizes, but only a few of them will ship to U.K. and only a few have regular sizes.

Good luck.

There's nothing wrong with wearing MARPAT.

Wearing the metal EGA that Marines are awarded at the end of their twelve weeks of basic training is stupid. It's like wearing jumpwings (other than Chairborne jumpwings) when you haven't earned them.

I have no problem with wearing real marpat; even the ones with the ega on them. I DO have a problem with putting your real name and rank on them, however.

Archived