I just bought Counter Strike: Source.....

Victory

Hey guys,

Yes, I searched, and I found a ton of topics that relate to Counter Strike, but none that really help me.

I have a few questions...how do I know that my computer is fast enough, etc.?

Do you have any tips for installation, etc.?

How do you commpunicat with others? A headset microphone or typing?

Once I download it, how do I import new weapon skins into the game?

If I have a skin that transformes the M249 into a Vulcan Minigun, am I the only one that can see it? Do other players just see it as a M249 or do they also see it as a Minigun? Same with when you drop it/die.

If you know of something that might be of importance of me, please let me know.

This is my first venture into the world of online gaming, so yeah, computer n00b alert. ;)

I know I will think of others to ask...any and all help will be appreciated!

-Vic dodgysy3.gif

Hey guys,

Yes, I searched, and I found a ton of topics that relate to Counter Strike, but none that really help me.

I have a few questions...how do I know that my computer is fast enough, etc.?

Do you have any tips for installation, etc.?

How do you commpunicat with others? A headset microphone or typing?

Once I download it, how do I import new weapon skins into the game?

If I have a skin that transformes the M249 into a Vulcan Minigun, am I the only one that can see it? Do other players just see it as a M249 or do they also see it as a Minigun? Same with when you drop it/die.

If you know of something that might be of importance of me, please let me know.

This is my first venture into the world of online gaming, so yeah, computer n00b alert. ;)

I know I will think of others to ask...any and all help will be appreciated!

-Vic dodgysy3.gif

Post your specs and ill tell you.. or you could just play and find out

Its easy to install

Headset and or typing

http://csnation.net/articles.php/article_225/

No

Thanks for all the replies guys. One thing, though...

I was reading, and, like I said earlier, a lot of people like using sniper rifles. This may sound pretty silly, but what's the best way to take out people using sniper rifles at great distances? With the AUG, for example, just short controlled bursts?

:unsure:

I'm used to playing the XBOX version, lol, and the bots on the XBOX version can be pretty good with the sniper rifles, and I have found that it's always a good rule of thumb to follow a team mate with a sniper rifle or any other longer range rifle...is it the same way with Source? If not, how can I take out the snipers?

Thanks!

:D

-Vic dodgysy3.gif

I say avoid them... unless you have the right guns.

P.S. 5-7 FTW!!! It's godly in source, they got the ballistic properties of the 5.7mm right... it goes through kevlar like butter. Most of the time I just run around with the 5-7, it's accurate, decent capacity, decent rof, and powerful.

Remember - if you want to head shot there is only one choise, the Ingram MAC-10. Its cheap, its light and its the single most HS prone weapon in the game. And of course, as its a MAC, you look cool while using it.

Also, the best T assault rilfe is the Galil (IDF Defender). I know alot of people will disagree with me, but thats my opinion. Its accurate, has a larger magazine than any comparible weapon (And only topped by the P90 and M249), and its fairly controlable, even on full auto. Good all round, for best results use in a point blank ambush. Believe me, I've taken out entire teams with a good ambush point and my trusty Galil.

Also, the AWP is actually the AWM. Fight back against ignorance!

Heh, you'll know if your computer is fast enough in game play. I can only play low poly maps, other wise it lags badly.

Communication - text and voice is avalible in game, but the voice ability is shockingly poor quality, as said, many use teamspeak and several servers alocate their own team speak server.

Skins - Dont know, i dont use them.

Sniper rifles - Many avalible, AWP is one shot kill, anywhere on the body, so many servers dont allow them and many people get flamed for using them. I rarely snipe, but when I do, i'm shocking. The enemy snipers are always better than you are. If you want to learn to snipe, pop over to CSnation or a smililar site/forum.

Recommended guns - I use the galil or AUG as primary and 5-7 as secondary. All are IMO the most accurate non sniper rifles on the game, even when in full auto (excpt 5-7, hasnt got auto), although I always go semi/burst.

You will find you suck when you start. I've been playing for longer than i care and I still suck. It annoys me when some loud mouth of the audio recons hes 'gangsta' and has a name like **MoNEZwoRTH** and goes round knifing everyone, and does a damn good job at it. I'm the one being sensible, why am i on -17 kills? Over time youll get the hang of the gameplay.

cs is fun it just gets tiring because its not that realistic(no crouch, iron sights, or fire select!) and the players always try to "uber pwn noobs", just the general annoying "1337 speak". Its fun just to play around though, and if you find a server with mature players it can be fun.

so welcome to cs, hope you enjoy

Something that I always find strange is that I do alot better with the AK/M4 if I'm playing the other team (i.e. CT with AK) than I do without it.

Also, if you find yourself with only $1500 or so in the middle of a round, dont buy a gun! Just buy kevlar and follow your team around until one of your buddies dies or they kill a terrorist, then snag their guns. Easy $3-4k saved!

Thanks for all the info. guys. I loaded it in, and started to play....

Damn it's slow!!!

Looks like I might have to upgrade my computer before I upgrade my M4, lol.

Once again, thanks for all the information...hopefully I'll get the game to run smoothly.....then, be on the look out for Edward Victory...

....Muhahaha! :P

-Vic dodgysy3.gif

Try Condition Zero. Slightly better graphics than CS the original (quite noticeable after playing CZ for a while), yet it will run on almost any computer. You don't get the cool ragdoll physics of CSS, but it' still fun.

CS 1.3 kicked *albatross*, when I could actually use some old school skins. Star Wars Droid T's against Terminator T-800 CT's. :lol:

CSS hit detection isn't as bad as people say it is - but it does get a bit laggy sometimes. If you play on low-ping servers it's fine.

If you want to get good - play in a server with good players and spectat them - watch what they do and how they do it. You'll get better, trust me.

I usually have a fluctuating goodness level - I'll work my way up to being rather good then stop playing for a month or two and become utterly *beep* again. Irritating.

CSS hit detection isn't as bad as people say it is - but it does get a bit laggy sometimes. If you play on low-ping servers it's fine.

If you want to get good - play in a server with good players and spectat them - watch what they do and how they do it. You'll get better, trust me.

I usually have a fluctuating goodness level - I'll work my way up to being rather good then stop playing for a month or two and become utterly *beep* again. Irritating.

Same way with me and Day of Defeat Source, except it usually just spans over a few days. One day I'll rape everything in sight, the next day I can't hit anything. This pattern continues to this day.

Archived