Marushin M1 Garand GBB

Tarnish

Looking at this photo:

mkkm12.jpg

...it looks like the clip is sort of similar to the original garand clip, which was not a mag at all but just sheet metal that held the rounds.  This would mean that the clips could be REALLY cheap...

Anyway, this rifle looks fantastic so far and I think I'll be getting one for my collection.  :)

-WMH

It was a CLIP used in the original M1s. Anyways, I'll just wait until one of these comes up for sale, then I'll strike. Good to see some nice pics up already.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The "famous" part 45 for my garand it is on its way. GNG replaced it without costs, exception made of shipping costs....

By the way, the picture for part #45 you can find in WGC is not the part 45 only. If they sell everything shown in the picture, they are including parts #43, #45, #58 , #85, #98 and #123.

Well 350-400 is fine with me. Wonder why it says 240 in Redwolf.

Once more, for those of you in the cheap seats: QUOTING FPS WITHOUT PELLET WEIGHT IS MEANINGLESS. ONE MUST KNOW BOTH IN ORDER TO MAKE MEANINGFUL JUDGEMENTS AND COMPARISONS WITH OTHER GUNS

That was a public service announcement on behalf of the Oh For *fruitcage*'s Sake, Not This Again Society.

:zorro:

The "famous" part 45 for my garand it is on its way. GNG replaced it without costs, exception made of shipping costs....

By the way, the picture for part #45 you can find in WGC is not the part 45 only. If they sell everything shown in the picture, they are including parts #43, #45, #58 , #85, #98 and #123.

Can you tell us, when you get it, if there's any difference between your broken 45 and your replacement one?

Simply REPLACING a faulty part won't help for long, but Marushin were quite good about replacing the faulty part in my Raging Bull with a revised one.

Cheers.

Sledge, I reckon that post hit at least 7.5 on the Richter scale. My hair is still " quiffed " from just squinting at it sideways. :)

A man can throw a ping pong ball and a Bowling ball. Same man, both balls. Which will have the higher FPS ?

( and does it really matter ? )

Well, it matters if you're going to start saying a gun sucks because it only fires at 240fps. If you're using a .2g bb, that is low end performance, which I'd on;y accept from springers or very compact gas guns. If you're using an 8mm bb at going on double that weight, that's pretty good. See?

No need to have an aneurysm over it though...

Well the thing is; people use the `facts` and figure quoted here as gospel most of the time, and most of the time the figures don't include one half of the variables needed to calculate the actual energy, which is the important thing for all the rules and regs.

So the information given is actually bullsh*t a lot of the time, and seeing as people are only after accurate info to make comparisons - that are impossible because of this - then it seems a pretty good topic to have an aneurism over. If that's your idea of a good time.

Anyway.

Has anyone received that replacement part 45 yet by any chance? I'd love to know if it is actually a replacement, or an upgrade :)

Cheers all, this thread has been most helpful as I'm sure everyone will agree.

Oh no, believe me I understand where sledge is coming from. Just never really seen the reason to flip out on someone by typing in big bold case. IMO just makes you look as dumb as the next guy that posts misleading information.

As for the garand, I think I'm going to hold out on buying one for now. Just seems like a slight hassle for the price. This thread has been very helpful though.

I know what you mean, but at the end of the day it's a garand. It's got to be done!

I think it's good to say it though, even in massive caps as it's not only wrong but actually `damages` the truth of the matter in a lot of cases. Just my personal though.

I've put at least 30 mags through mine so far and it was second hand !!. If and when my part 45 goes I will just get another one and shove it in and carry on.

After all, it's a Garrand :) and it's GBB :) :) , and it has ejecting clip/mag/BB recepticle etc, etc. :) :) :) The gun is just marvelous, it is what we all have been waiting for surely ?, if I have read all the other threads correctly we have been begging someone to make one of these for ages.

I for one am absolutely ecstatic that they did and I have been able to buy one to enjoy so much.

I love it !!!!

My 2p worth

Well the thing is; people use the `facts` and figure quoted here as gospel most of the time, and most of the time the figures don't include one half of the variables needed to calculate the actual energy, which is the important thing for all the rules and regs.

So the information given is actually bullsh*t a lot of the time, and seeing as people are only after accurate info to make comparisons - that are impossible because of this - then it seems a pretty good topic to have an aneurism over. If that's your idea of a good time.

Anyway.

Has anyone received that replacement part 45 yet by any chance?  I'd love to know if it is actually a replacement, or an upgrade :)

Cheers all, this thread has been most helpful as I'm sure everyone will agree.

Absolutely - The "My gun does 300fps yours only does 250fps" and "My gun can use green gas and yours can't" are the two most perputated airsoft myths.

Without ambient temperature, gas used AND BB weight, any fps figures are totally worthless. And ANY gas gun can withstand Green Gas/Propane/Red Gas/Nuclear Fision (well maybe not the last one) if the ambient temperature is low enough...

Perputating falsehoods and misinformation DOES need stamping on... +1 (virtual, he's got a ridiculous rep total already ;) ) for Sledge for doing so!

Cheers.

Sure snowman, I hope to have it tomorrow and I will post the results.. It is good to know your experience with the Raging Bull.

rgds,

Can you tell us, when you get it, if there's any difference between your broken 45 and your replacement one?

Simply REPLACING a faulty part won't help for long, but Marushin were quite good about replacing the faulty part in my Raging Bull with a revised one.

Cheers.

As Lindir says and I have said before, the replacement includes parts #43, #45, #58 , #85, #98 and #123.

Apparently the material used in the replacement it is better or the part is better finished. After fixing the gun, re-lubing all the internals and tighten

all the screws, I was ready to fire a few magazines ( I shot 6 full magazines ):

1) Gas used: American Eagle summer version. This is the weakest gas I can find locally. I know that I should use HFC134a with this gun....

2) BB's used: Marushin 0.34g 8mm.

My conclussions after the fix:

a) My impression is that the gun is firing better than when I used it for the first time.

b ) I can not say anything about FPS as long I do not have any chronometer, but I shot to the metal door

( fire prevention door) and the BB did a nice dent. The BB itself was broken into two halves. So for me, it is powerful enough.

c) I can not say nothing about range or precision as long all the shots were fired within 1.5 meter (indoors). I will test it in the field next weekend, I hope.

So, in principle the gun is performing well. Besides that, it is beautiful toy. I hope that it will give me a difficult time when I have to choose between

my Thompson and the Garand when I go for a game..

rgds,

Nekros

Just got my replacement parts ( ordered them just in case ) I have been treating it with kid gloves i admit but must be about 50 clips/mags so far.

I have done the 8 shots one after the other fast time. 8 shots with the 5sec break between, and the eject happens every time.

Was shooting high to start with but adjusted the hop and now within 5 to 10 mm every time over 30 ft using .34g.

It is soooo sweet

Well, it matters if you're going to start saying a gun sucks because it only fires at 240fps. If you're using a .2g bb, that is low end performance, which I'd on;y accept from springers or very compact gas guns. If you're using an 8mm bb at going on double that weight, that's pretty good. See?

Ah, I see what you mean ( I think ). If you take my analogy, if you can get 240fps for a bowling ball for the the same gas power that it takes to get a ping pong ball to that Fps, then the bowling ball owner shouldn't be moaning, his " arm " is way up there with the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Another user's experience.

Using Propane with an Airsoft Innovations Propane Adaptor, 68*F outside, 5450' elevation (giving air density around .99 kg/m3, compared to 1.2 kg/m3 at sea level), Marushin .34g BBs near Denver, Colorado, USA.

I'm not sure how to post my results (which do not violate any law in my home jurisdiction) that won't also run the risk of getting the thread locked for my cousins across the pond, so I will try to tread lightly and let the reader do the math.

First, the Garand doesn't like to hold Propane. It will, but only briefly.

Propane runs (I believe) around ~150 PSI vs R134a's ~70 PSI.

You guys can work out what the FPS is based on the calculated 4.1 joules. :blink::wide-eyed:

*ACK*

Don't try this at home, kids...no matter which side of the pond you live on. :waggle:

As it sits, it's NOT a gun legal to skirmish with anywhere that I know of.

Heck of a nice backyard plinker, though - even if your backyard is a couple hundred feet across.

Half a bag of BBs later, still no issues with the reliability - though I have one clip (out of 4) that doesn't like to stay seated. I push it in, it springs out. I push it in, it springs out. I feel like Homer Simpson, I push it in, it springs out. I grumble "WHY, YOU LITTLE!", I push it in, it stays in.

I have a spreadsheet that uses velocity/drag/time/distance (the origin of which started with Covert of Canton's "0.2 vs 0.25" spreadsheet last spring) and the calculated energy for a 0.34g 8mm BB drops to 1.00 joules at 31 meters distance.

I also sanded the original dark finish off, and restained with a Honey Oak stain to match the color of the wood in the 1942 vintage Garand ads I have in my loft.

Here's the finished product next to my Sun Project M40A1XB.

GarandAndM40A1-001.jpg

GarandAndM40A1-002.jpg

I'm looking forward to figuring out the fittings necessary to connect the Garand to my external CO2 rig, so I can modulate the pressure down to a substantially more reasonable level to go skirmishing with.

There are 3 people with Marushin Garands here in Colorado, and we've learned the trick to making it a skirmishable gun with the clip ejecting feature. You need to COUNT YOUR SHOTS. We've all gotten VERY good at snatching the empty clip out of midair and pocketing it when it ejects. :)

I'm looking forward to figuring out the fittings necessary to connect the Garand to my external CO2 rig, so I can modulate the pressure down to a substantially more reasonable level to go skirmishing with.

please keep me updated on this, if it breaks, its performance on c02, and anything else that changes.

I'll be nabbing one of these very soon if i can run it with my external rig and it works well ;)

hows the accuracy at extreme range in "4j" mode?

Archived