Abused guns - what were they thinking?

GuzziHero

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ye im not a real fan of any of those, have any of you other guys ever seen that picture of the ak with the mag that curves round 180degrees to make space for extra rounds. There was some other orendous stuff done to it that im not going to point out the specifics but that 1 sticks out in my mind as one of the worst :(

It's some new non-lethal thing... "PHASR".

Ahh...I can understand that. It disorientates them because they are laughing so much ;)

Hang on...look just above and in front of his trigger finger. Doesnt that say CA in reverse? Please dont tell me theyre making an airsoft version :lol:

Ahh...I can understand that.  It disorientates them because they are laughing so much ;)

Actually, it operates by blinding the baddies. I'm sure that the only reason it looks the way it does is because the guy in charge of it (who probably named it the 'PHAS-R') probably wanted it to look like a PHASER. From Star Trek. In any case, I'm sure it's permanently set on stun. But that would be why you have the rest of the fire team armed with real guns. ;)

I've got a gun magazine here with the PHaSR in it:

"Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response (PHaSR)...ThePHaSR is designed to temporarily 'dazzle' an enemy to meet the 1995 UN convention of Protocol on Blinding Laser Weapons, which banned laser weapons that were capable of blinding."

Teh UN is teh suxxorz.

And on the front cover of the magazine is the new Barret M82CQ. That's right, a Close Quarters version of the M82.

Why the hell do you need a .50 sniper rifle in close combat?!

To compensate for something...

Thats moronic. Why use that when you have the risk of blowing away the bad guy, through 3 more brick walls (or an untold number of plasterboard walls) taking how many of your colleagues with you?

Giving that to conventional infantry would be like giving a hand grenade to a baby.

Like the regular M82, I highly doubt that the M82CQ would be very common in the hands of 'bog standard' infantry. Most likely it would be used by non-conventional forces.

Another possible use would be to equip soldiers operating check points with them, so that they can put a .50 BMG into the engine block of a car, rather than slaughtering the passengers and driver.

Archived