• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can believe it's 370 or 360, you're both not the only ones who say so. Two people on polish forums say the same.

What about the wobbling stock of 416? Does it happen on all models, or it just depends on your luck if you get the wobblig one?

I think I can believe it's 370 or 360, you're both not the only ones who say so. Two people on polish forums say the same.

What about the wobbling stock of 416? Does it happen on all models, or it just depends on your luck if you get the wobblig one?

Yea its wobbely. Thats why i have a Cranestock on mine to house the battery also. Makes it well balanced too. Very good move i must say.

Our stock was wobbly too. But now with a G&P crane stock it's perfect and it really helps the overall balance - with the PEQ it was somewhat "nose-heavy".

Thanks for your answers. If it's wobbly I'll buy a crane stock then. But now I've got a dillema. G&P crane stock or Hurricane HK417 Stock. Is there a modification of reviever needed to install the stock?

Good question. I have a oversized battery using stock tube which battery does not go all the way on. I keep it extended. If you get the smaller battery like the 9.6v 1700mah it should fit in the tube and contract all the way in. Now, the Hurricane i hear is bigger and can hold a bigger battery. From what i read. But i think the stock is ugly as hell. Tough call if you ask me but i like mine extended for the most part anyways. I have a Star Cranestock using a 9.6v 3300mah Ni-mh that fits tight. I think Star and G&P's stock are the same. Not sure about the ones with a kits that have the tubes also.

I have the G&P, it will fit up to a 9.6v 2200mah and still be able to collapse fully.

I think you're correct AirRage, the Hurricane can take larger... but I'm not sure how large. Its a HK417 style stock though, so you gotta know which you prefer... :)

I let my brother shoot mine with the Madbull Halo attached and somehow there was a silencer strike. There was a sharp loud sound and I assumed he had hit the side of the plastic target but I noticed on the next few shots BBs were dribbling out so I got him to stop and found that a few BBs were inside the silencer foam as well :blink:

I imagine this can't be the fault of the gun... either the foam inside somehow had moved so a BB brushed past it and got sent off course or the silencer wasn't locked on totally and changed position, which due to the unusual way the Halo attaches seems the most likely.

I can't exactly imagine that the 416 has such a blunderbuss style spread that a BB can go far enough off course to hit the inside of the silencer :o

On an unrelated thing, how is everyones guns holding up with a 9.6v? I kept the same one I used with my CA M15 as it fits nicely into the battery box and the gun seems to cope with it fine.

Edited by Doncommie
I let my brother shoot mine with the Madbull Halo attached and somehow there was a silencer strike. There was a sharp loud sound and I assumed he had hit the side of the plastic target but I noticed on the next few shots BBs were dribbling out so I got him to stop and found that a few BBs were inside the silencer foam as well  :blink:

I imagine this can't be the fault of the gun... either the foam inside somehow had moved so a BB brushed past it and got sent off course or the silencer wasn't locked on totally and changed position, which due to the unusual way the Halo attaches seems the most likely.

I can't exactly imagine that the 416 has such a blunderbuss style spread that a BB can go far enough off course to hit the inside of the silencer  :o

On an unrelated thing, how is everyones guns holding up with a 9.6v? I kept the same one I used with my CA M15 as it fits nicely into the battery box and the gun seems to cope with it fine.

Funny that you say that because i was testing shooting full auto out a window of a house, i was about 6 feet back from opening of window and somehow a BB hit the wall. I was shocked saying how could that of happened. I can only assume on fully automatic a bb going slower exiting the gun was hit by a faster bb about to be exited then pushed it to the side far enough to do that sort of thing.

for silencers. i remember having a TM p90 with a GB-tech QD Silencer for the p90.. sweet silencer n all. mine was bore'd out so that the hole is a lil bit bigger. had no problems with bbs hitting the lip or anything..

so yea people with silencers try boreing out the exit hole.

my game got cancelled =[ so now another week of waiting... its been a month.. <sigh>

Edited by pingpong

I've read all 14 pages of this gigantic thread. I'm considering getting the gun.

Actually, I'm teetering between this and a CA M15A4 SPR.

Thus, the conclusion is, with a Systema switch assembly, the 416 has No problems? The auto shimming gears seem very nice, I don't see why everybody is saying this gun has a ###### gearbox.

Hows you gun holding out pingpong?

How do stock internals (except the trigger assembly..lol)compare to CA guns?

as of right now my gun is in working condition. ill try to get a movie clip up of the gun firing. when im not lazy . but so far so good.

just gottta work out the kinks.

i believe CA has better internals.. since they have bearing bushings, bearing spring guide, etc. BUT VFC has better externals =]

I think the internals in the VFC aren't bad, you just gotta replace a couple of things to get it working smoothly.

This is what I have installed in mine, and so far it has been working flawlessly! :)

- Prometheus AEG Spring MS120

- Guarder Hop Up Bucking

- Systema Silicone Piston Head with Bearing (ZS-04-32)

- Prometheus Spring Guide with Bearing V2

- G&P High Pressure Polyacetal Piston

- Prometheus 6.03mm M4 (363mm) Tightbore Barrel

- Systema Low Resistance Switch Assembly

Of course you don't need anywhere near this many parts just to get the gun working (a better hop up bucking and the new switch assembly should be all you need), but I've upgraded mine quite a bit above forum limits and it works fine using these upgrades. ;)

EDIT: That's with a 9.6v battery.

Edited by alpha54

Hi all,

I, too, own a VFC HK416 and I would like to know if the King Arms Solid Stock can be installed on the HK416. I was going to go with a crane stock, but they're a bit expensive and battery capacity is somewhat limited. I also looked at the HK416 type "shortened" solid stock, but that's a bit too short, looks a bit funny IMO and requires a special type battery and modification to the receiver for installation.

So will the King Arms Solid Stock fit the VFC HK416? I think an M16A2 stock would look rather nice on an HK416...give it a sort of SR16 look to it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I saw somebody on another forum do the same (not sure if its King Arms stock though):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/xrx1911/DSC_0026.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/xrx1911/DSC_0031.jpg

Edited by -[K!LLA]-

Getting this or the Hurricane kit are your only two choices if ya want a HK416, and building one based off the Hurricane kit is still more expensive than upgrading some of the internals in this gun - which I would have done with any other gun anyways.

I guess seeing as I'd upgrade every gun I buy, it doesn't really bother me. :)

PS: The externals are way worth it! ;)

Hi all,

I, too, own a VFC HK416 and I would like to know if the King Arms Solid Stock can be installed on the HK416. I was going to go with a crane stock, but they're a bit expensive and battery capacity is somewhat limited. I also looked at the HK416 type "shortened" solid stock, but that's a bit too short, looks a bit funny IMO and requires a special type battery and modification to the receiver for installation.

So will the King Arms Solid Stock fit the VFC HK416? I think an M16A2 stock would look rather nice on an HK416...give it a sort of SR16 look to it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I saw somebody on another forum do the same (not sure if its King Arms stock though):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/xrx1911/DSC_0026.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/xrx1911/DSC_0031.jpg

King arms stock should work. dont know why it shouldnt

I can only assume on fully automatic  a bb going slower exiting the gun was hit by a faster bb about to be exited then pushed it to the side far enough to do that sort of thing.

Absolutely impossible at these rates of fire. I'd say a double feed is more likely.

-Sale