Hi Benson,

Tnx for your quick reply, much appreciated!

I've checked the bucking and it seems fine, yesterday evening i've replaced the plastic hop up unit with a metal one which i still have lying around here from an old G3. (didn't had the chance to test it though)

Hop up unit seems to be fine, spring seems also to be ok. I've replaced this one actually last night as well.. but as mentioned before, still couldn't test it.

You talking about this spring compression, how do i completely decompress it? Just fire a round off in semi?

To be honoust, it shot 275 fps straight out of the box... my last cqb skirm i've only shot with semi but i didn't check this decompression thingie...

Thanks for the tips!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gun builder managed to retain the the bolt lock feature with a systema box, he said that you need to replicate two mounting points on the right side of the gearbox.  He used cut down screws to replicate it, but it works.

could you take some pics as i broke mine off and would like to do the same thing your guy did

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

I'm installing a new grip and I have walked in to a problem with it fiting properly I can get it in the grip with some force but when i fire the gun it sound like the gears are grinding. once i got it in right but after a few shots it seamed to pop out of position and make no contiact at all i am using a systema heat sink.

I was thinking of using some spacers to keep it down there but not to hard as I have blowen a few fuzes because its to tight.

Ok, so I just got my Magpul MIAD grip and its great, except for that fact that now I've installed it, my gun does not work anymore.

When I pull the trigger, I get this horrible metal-on-metal sound, as if the motor is grinding against something.

Any ideas? :(

the same thing is happening to me but i can see in to the gearbox and the gears are not striped its like the motor is not making full contact to the gearbox and skipping threw each trigger pull how can i adjust the motor hight??

the same thing is happening to me but i can see in to the gearbox and the gears are not striped its like the motor is not making full contact to the gearbox and skipping threw each trigger pull how can i adjust the motor hight??

i figured it out i sprayed some silicone spray on the outside of the motor and it adjust in side the grip o the right spot.

I had that same problem when I installed a King Arms G27 grip, but despite having to file down some parts of the grip to make it seat correctly, I think it's still causing my motor to misalign. I'm going to ditch that grip for now and stick with the stock one, as I'm basically just trying to get the gun to work at this point. I've got my crane stock installed and wired, and the 416 looks a lot better with a crane.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just about to get some upgrades for my gun:

G&P HK416 Type Fix Stock ( Black ) - GP-ACC-601B - US$38.00

Systema Low Resistance Switch Assembly - SYS-ZS-07-15 - US$29.50

Systema Irregular-Pitch Spring M120 Oil Temper - SYS-ZA-06-04 - US$12.40

Systema Spring Guide with Bearing - SYS-ZS-05-04 - US$15.30

Systema Cut Off Lever - SYS-ZS-07-09- US$9.70

Systema Selector Plate - SYS-ZS-07-12 - US$8.30

Systema Silicon Piston Head - SYS-ZS-04-32 - US$15.30

But now I'm getting uncertain, if I'm missing anything for making it work. When changing the switch assembly, do I then need any other wireing?

Thanks in advance.

Considering the accessories it comes with, not a bad deal IMO. Too bad they don't replace the problematic internal parts though.

If you think about it though, I'm sure a number of us have spent a considerable amount more than that price on a conventional AEG. Not in one big purchase, but over time with all the expensive internal/external upgrades and accessories that we all love to add on.

One thing I've learned from my CA249, is it pays to spend a grand on an AEG.

Edited by Benson

I just purchanced my hk416 and the items need to upgrade it to work well the only problem is im having problems getting at the mechbox, i;ve followed a version m4a1 break down as far as i can and have the mechbox and lower half of the shell together but i can not get them apart, as far as i can work out have to remove one of the pins from the centre of the body but they both seem to be stuck fast.

I've already got a small bit of paint coming off the top of one of the pins so i do not want to do any more untill i've sort some help. Has anyone else had problems with this pin and any advice on which one i need to remove and how without screwing with the lovely finish.

Ok, I'm not trying to violate any forum rules here, so if I am, just delete this. I've got sort of an interesting "problem" with my 416.

When I first got it, I encountered the cutoff lever problem almost right away. I eventually sent the gun to AEX to fix that problem, as well as put in some new CA gears to replace the VFC ones (primarily because I don't trust that spring loaded shim system).

Now onto the interesting part.... Is anyone getting an incredibly good seal between the hopup unit and the gearbox? I'm not sure how much I can say here, but I typically run a medium powered spring, nothing too extreme, but greater than 1J because I like to preserve my internals. Well, following AEX's repair/upgrade service, I took my 416 to an OP today, and it chrono'ed a no-go! The chrono limits are pretty standard for this particular park as I see the same limits at just about every other game I go to. The gun surpassed that limit significantly. The only explanation is there being a real good seal within the hopup/gearbox, but I haven't ever seen it make this much of a difference.

What I essentially need to do is swap my existing spring lower to only a 1J spring! Then maybe this gun will pass chrono.

If anyone wants any more specific info and figures then please feel free to PM. I'm just trying to find out how the hell its readings were what they were. Even after playing all day with a backup AEG, I'm still pretty shocked about the whole thing.

Edited by Benson