Face masks (cover the mouth only)

darkchild130

So today i was really happy, wearing my new rig and shooting with new tightbore.

Then i got my tooth shot out.

After i get it fixed, i dont ever want this to happen again so does anyone know of a good mask that only covers the mouth?

Help would be appreciated.

Darkchild

There are those neoprene ones that look vaguely like Hannibal Lecter's mask. Give me a sec, I'll try and find them, unless someone pips me to it.

EDIT: Ah, someone pipped me to it :P

http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/c-7-p-529-id-7.html

I use a gumshield, but take it out to shout and breath with my mouth open. If anything, its probably luck that i've not lost a tooth yet when wearing it.

Get a sanshei mesh mask, undo the bottom part, fit some elastic and wear that around your neck - should do the trick.

BTW - how did you lose the tooth?

I got a viper half face mask....

I dont use it cos its ######, if you get shot in the face it doesnt take any of the sting away and I would trust is with my teeth.

Now I use a cheap sanshei mask and as mentioned above it does look like you can take the top part away from the lower and then attach some sort of strap.

failing that maybe your looking for something like this

Seems to give reasonable protection with out hindering breathing

i wouldnt suggest getting a neoprene mask unless you wear mesh goggles or glasses as it will steam them up for sure, especially if a broken nose means you have to breath through your mouth..

if this hasn't disuaded you i have one in OD that you can have for a fiver :P

but maybe a cyclists mouth guard jobby? talk to TheBauer about these, as he has one he wears all the time :)

Hmm, im a bit worried about getting my teeth shot out... Would wearing a scarf over your face help? I don't mind about the pain or marks, just as long as my teeth remain intact.

WIll

i got my tooth shot out 2 weeks ago .. i was wearing a bala and bandana round my mouth . if you want to keep safe and still look good .. either do what has been said and buy a cyclist mask, or buy a full face mask and cover the plastic bit with a scarf or soemthing.

i mainly play CQB so i only wear my full face now

• 3 weeks later...

i got my too front teeth shot out in april so decided to use the bottom half of a sensie with two elastic straps (one that goes around the top of the ears and one around the neck to hold close to face) with some ESS advancer v12's (these are a must as they are sealed and dont fog with used with fog tech).

now tho im a bit tired of it as its hard to aim with a crane stock but is fairly comfortable aslongs as the elastic isnt too loose.

If your with section 8 you might have seen me at the GZ weekender as i was only one of a few people hu were doing this, i was also wearing US BDU's.

so now im going with a Bandero half face mask, search for one on ebay. they look to be good so i ordered one and should be here soon.

if you want anymore information then let me know as i was ages trying to find a good combo of goggles/glaces with mouth protection, and fog tech was a god send!

Ah didn't know who it was but H said in the briefing last weekend that someone lost a tooth.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope you get it fixed up ok.

No idea what is the best way to go with this, it's either Dark Vader, wear a gun shield and spit a lot while talking unintelligibly or chance it.

None of those options really appeal...

Archived