Who is winning the clone war!?

NegativeCambre

The GALAXY MP5K is very good - Steel bushings and decently shimmed out of the box. Even comes with a K-style lowcap as well as the 200rnd hicap.

Problem is, the hicap is scrap - chuck it and get some MAG midcaps, or a set of 6 CA metal ones.

Then go forth and have fun!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The GALAXY MP5K is very good - Steel bushings and decently shimmed out of the box. Even comes with a K-style lowcap as well as the 200rnd hicap.

Problem is, the hicap is scrap - chuck it and get some MAG midcaps, or a set of 6 CA metal ones.

Wow... steel bushings out of the box! That is rather impressive. Makes the low price seem even lower in my book.

I'll deffinetely have to consider one.

Thanks DarkLite,

Steve

I made a review of the Kart M14. What I can say about it :

- the motor and the battery are ######

- there are no trademarks

- mostly made of metal

- very good wood finish

- good hi-cap magazine

- the gas tube is made of plastic

- the metal parts are painted black (should be dark gray)

- hard to find now

- shoots perfectly and reliable out of box

The AGM M14 has a metal gas tube, but also more problems than the Kart:

- battery blugs reversed

- non-functionning hop-up on some models

- the cocking handle will break if you donc place the spring guide correctly (not the gearbox one)

- some misfires

- the Cyma CM.028 shoots better out of box.

But it's delivered with some nice stuffs and is cheaper:

- bipod

- scope mount

- scope

Both M14 are not perfect, but once you have reassembled them correctly, they can be very fine.

Some good information--the new M14's look really intriguing, especially because of their high metal content.

There don't seem to be any super-detailed reviews of this wave of clones.

I'm about to write up a '4 months with a cm028s' report, to give some people perspective on how they can hold up with regular skirmishing.

Steve

reviews of the Kart and AGM M14s on the ACMgames boards give very good ratings with the AGM ahead by a little bit. posts on the technical sub forums indicate no tech issues yet. but then, most peeps are still getting acquainted with their internals.

KART:

http://acmgames.proboards66.com/index.cgi?...read=1161440290

AGM

http://acmgames.proboards66.com/index.cgi?...read=1164108884

COMPARO:

http://acmgames.proboards66.com/index.cgi?...read=1165409477

darklite: happy to hear that :D that's my next buy, have preordered one, in fact. btw, intel is the owner of galaxy is the brother of the cyma owner.

trench: have the BE AUG Mil. looks good, feels good, shoots good for the price, (but then don't take my word for it -- am a card carrying aug & p90 fan, aside from being an AK nut, of course) only complaint so far is that a plastic bushing cracked while i was breaking in the gears <_< haven't gotten back to it yet; maybe after my mini-beryl and i'll post it as an example of a mod-learning platform ;)

trooper: same here. my current list has the galaxy mp5k, the well/jls? mp7, the ump, and the hk33 :unsure:

Anybody else see that USP AEP (they say "AEG") on that link that CountDoom gave? The trademarks are abysmal, but it does have a "metal gearbox". The socom style silencer looks like its 3/4 scale or something.

Link

Is that a wall charger? Anyone have experience with these?

Also, that M16A3 is only $74! Good base gun for an SR kit or something............

By the way I just came across these pics of the AMG M-14:

http://www.sunnywarehouse.com/index2.htm

Down the bottom of the page.

Well, it kept me smiling for a few minutes :P

US$83...that's about £44!

What really made me smile was the 1.9j claims for all those cheapies :P

that's around 620 fps :blink::D

trench: have the BE AUG Mil. looks good, feels good, shoots good for the price, (but then don't take my word for it -- am a card carrying aug & p90 fan, aside from being an AK nut, of course) only complaint so far is that a plastic bushing cracked while i was breaking in the gears  <_< haven't gotten back to it yet; maybe after my mini-beryl and i'll post it as an example of a mod-learning platform ;)

Zentaurus--does your BE AUG have the plastic outer barrel and (originally) the plastic inner barrel?

Steve

Zentaurus--does your BE AUG have the plastic outer barrel and (originally) the plastic inner barrel?

Steve

For you and the other guy asking about the BE Augs:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ST&f=40&t=80751

I wrote the topic as i figured things out about the gun, so some of the later posts make up for slight mistakes in the first few posts (i.e. the mark designations and strip down capabilities i figured out as i went) , so it's worth sticking with the thread, as it is only 2 pages! :)

I also added an update after i took it skirmishing that may be of interest to those who are thinking of getting one of these to use in anger, rather than just listening to rumour and "a bloke told me" type reviews from people who've never used/owned one!

1j = 328fps (with .2g BB),  so 1.9j = 1.9 X 328 = 623 yes?

It's a simple  weight X velocity = energy sum isn't it? It's not an exponential thing is it? Maths was not my strongest subject... :P

KE = (1/2)Mv^2 actually.

2J = 465fps with a 0.2gbb

• 5 weeks later...

Not to sound like an *albatross*, but is that verified? If so, my chances of buying one just went up exponentially.

Not to sound like an *albatross*, but is that verified? If so, my chances of buying one just went up exponentially.

It is verified.

C'mon man, I'm not a retailer. Why would I be lying? All I do is relay information and sometimes rumours along to you lot.

Now, should I go about purchasing it from an American retailer, or should I order from HK? WGC shop has it for $65 (so probably about $95 to my door next day).

Also, what thread type should I get if I were to install a silencer? And, even with modification, would a 9.6v be wise? The PDW stock battery mod is very tempting. Another question: how would I go about installing a flashlight even when I'm using the top rail for a red dot?

Now, should I go about purchasing it from an American retailer, or should I order from HK? WGC shop has it for $65 (so probably about $95 to my door next day).

Also, what thread type should I get if I were to install a silencer? And, even with modification, would a 9.6v be wise? The PDW stock battery mod is very tempting. Another question: how would I go about installing a flashlight even when I'm using the top rail for a red dot?

Takes a standard 14mm CCW thread. Also a H&K 3 Lug QD type.

A 9.6v would not be wise - the modification is irritatingly difficult and the fact that you are limited to 200 rounds in a hicap means very short bursts.

Flashlight? Duct Tape.

Archived