How to watch '24'

Fuser

So here's the deal: I've never really had a show that I've watched religiously, and although I tried a few times to watch more than 3 episodes of Nip/Tuck and LOST, I could never really get into them.

Now a few days ago I saw the first episode of the 6th Season of 24. I'm hooked, I absolutely loved it, but herein lies my dilemma. Needless to say I was a bit confused while watching the episode, having only seen one or two episodes in the past.

Here's my point: I'm considering renting every past season of 24 until I'm caught up with the current season. This odyssey could take a while, and I'm wondering, is it worth it? I've heard from some my friends that it's impossible to start watching a show so late in the game, and from others that it can be done.

What do you think? Also, could I start at a later season or do I need to start at Season 1?

Tell me what you think, a huge chunk of the next few months of my life is at stake.

Rent all 5 of the preceding seasons, and just keep recording season 6 until you've finished watching them (try and get through 1 season every 2 days)

I think seasons 1 and 2 are quite important, as they contribute a ton to Jack's current state. Seasons 3 and 4 not so much, but Jack is kickassest during day 4, and lamest during day 1.

So your choice really.

I'd advise you to start with the first season just to see if you like it. If you do, get them all and watch a few episodes in a sitting. They don't make sense unless you watch all the episodes in order, but you'll be glad you did when you get through them.

It doesn't take that long.  5 days maximum :)

I can see what I'll be doing over spring break...

Without meaning to be a dampner, but did this really warrent the creation of a fourth 24 thread?

Not really, but I though some other people might have the same question, what with 24 becoming really popular again with the 6th season.

The idea is to finally have 24 threads, where you can work through them one at a time, taking an hour per thread...

TBH, so far you don't need to worry much about 'other' characters...

President Palmer is the brother of a close friend of Jack's, and former president, who was killed in the last series.

Chloe is a moneypenny character - Deeply in love with Jack and will do anything for him, but there's never been anything going on.

No-one else really matters...

Just pray they don't bring his dreary love interest from the last two series back... :waggle:

Cheers.

Just start at Season 4...that's where I started wathcing the show and got hooked on it ;). I've pretty well caught up from there by just watching a few episodes from Seasons 1-3 and by the end of Season 5 last year I had a pretty good understanding of everything that led up to Season 4.

av-16851.jpgRent all 5 of the preceding seasons, and just keep recording season 6 until you've finished watching them (try and get through 1 season every 2 days)

I think seasons 1 and 2 are quite important, as they contribute a ton to Jack's current state.  Seasons 3 and 4 not so much, but Jack is kickassest during day 4, and lamest during day 1.

So your choice really.

You seem like the kind of man I can trust on this subject.

I dislike 24, but obviously that could only come from watching it. I found that watching it with someone who'd seen the other series helped, as they could point out who was who, etc.

Still thought it was *fruitcage* stupid though ¬_¬

Let's not get off topic now...

Kyrian, for some reason the link you gave me wont work anymore, at least on my computer. I'll be renting every season then, and I'm considering starting at season 4 if thats a good idea. Still thinking it over.

Archived