Any tips for those who suck?

crunkathon2k

Dude, it's airsoft. If you're in "the thick of it" it's much easier to spray and follow the stream of bb's than it is to tilt your head, cant the rifle, look to make sure the sights are properly aligned AND THEN shoot.

Only time you should really bother with using the sights is when you have the time required to do the above. That means that they shouldn't know you're there, or that you outrange them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm. Come to think of it, I remember what drastically improved my game...

it was when I met a guy and his sister at the UNco. store in Hong Kong. They gave me the URL to their AA and airsoft forum (both of which I play), and I was invited to attend games with them. This got me on a more regular schedule to go skirmishing (bout once a month), and each time i'm playing with some of the same people while always meeting new people. Many of them I've even met here on Arnies!

Moral of the story, is use these forums and stuff to try and find new people in your area that you don't know and see if you can learn stuff from them. I've learned a LOT from Sirrith and JCYC5 and i've only been to a couple of skirmishes with them.

• 3 weeks later...

1. ensure that the hop up is suitably adjusted to ensure that you got suffisient range

2. agressive play is better than defencive

3. move stop move dont stay to long on the same spot

4. be a sneaky ###### and be creative (i call it "white cheats")

- hide high up in a tree

- hide ontop of a flat roofed building

- circle around the enemy team and taking them out from behind

- snipe them as soon as they begin

- leave a man behind in hiding and lure the enemy into an ambush

- blind fire spray and pray at close range

- if you use a M203 or eqvalent fill the "grenade" with .12g bb to double your range

- if possible use a low sun to your advantage

- take of your head/combat wear (NOT goggles) and use it as a decoy

- the old throw a rock to distract the enemy still works

- in CQB hide inside or under some thing that wont normally look suspisious

- thin hedges and windows are EXELENT covers

- yell "C¤¤¤ Im out of magz" and shoot the b¤¤¤¤¤¤ when he moves in for a easy kill

- take out your mag and dry fire, when the enemy thinks "moron" and moves openly, pop the mag in and make him the moron.

- move behind a fat friendly player and let him take the fall

- use mid cap mags to maximize ammo reserve

- if a enemy is dumb enough to answer his phone in game, there is no shame in calling him

- and my favorite. if you act like a moron the enemy will act like morons to

my amature team used that last one to take out an "elite" airsoft team. 4vs4 with no "casualties"

this will increase your kill ratio significantly, altso the other players wont be so mad as you would expect them to be.

Or you taken into consideration that he might of removed his glasses/mask during the breif break?

It's a pathetic idea, just shows you can't play fair an resort to ###### tactics.

Edit: whoops, didn't filter the naughty word out :blush:

The M1 Garand had one major flaw, the clip would make a very distint sound upon ejecting. So the enemy would know when your out of ammo.

American GI's soon used this to an advantage by throwing empty clips on the ground causing the enemy to stick his head out and assume that they were reloading. That would be the last thing they would assume if you know what I mean ;)

anything in my book is a tactic short of "OMG i'm dieing! please help me!" for obvious reasons

Not true. In the middle of a fire fight, you're extremely unlikely to hear the clip of a Garand hit the ground. And, even if it were possible, the enemy likes to travel in groups amd he probably has someone else nearby who can cover him as he is re-loading.

Not true. In the middle of a fire fight, you're extremely unlikely to hear the clip of a Garand hit the ground. And, even if it were possible, the enemy likes to travel in groups amd he probably has someone else nearby who can cover him as he is re-loading.

I suggest you watch that video or at least start at 2:30 and it might make it clear.

Besides the key word to your statement is "Probably" ;)

if the enemy is behind cover, he is not shooting. only listening to you shoot. but the moment he hears that "ping" the Garand makes when ejecting the empty clip he knows your out of ammo (assuming your not using the trick) therefor he's gonna atempt to shoot back or gain the upper hand on you.

I'm not a great AS player, but have attended my share of games, and I can honestly say that effective movement is one of the most important skills a player can master. Whether it's knowing when to move closer to the opposition, taking cover (NOT just ducking while remaining out in the open), and finding positions of great advantage are all things that will help you play better. Don't worry about getting hit too much, it'll make you nervous and jumpy. Oh also learn how to communicate with your teammates, via radio or hand signals, this is a team sport ;-)

It's just like that Kenney Rogers song...got to know when hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

1. Don't get tunnel vision. Don't fixate yourself on one task or target for too long. Tunnel vision is how a lot of people find themselves in jams and shot.

2. Slower is smoother. Don't go charging in without full situational awareness. Doing things at a deliberate pace is much more effective then running around like you're a cheap $5 ###### in a crack house.

3. If you're caught in an ambush move. Push forward if possible since obviously right where you are is the enemy's kill zone. And backwards is what they expect you to do.

4. Don't rely on video games. Rely on your senses and common sense even more.

5. Have fun it's a freak'n game!!! Your life doesn't depend on it nor does any of the lives around you. You get to do it over and over again.

If you suck, listen to your teammates. Everyone who i play with who sucks is always too scared to listen to any "orders" that we tell them and they just sit far away wasting ammo and time, and that's pretty much the reason they suck. So you might need to take one for the team once in a while, but people will always prefer that to someone who stays alive for a long time by hiding.

I also agree that movement is very helpful.

Archived