what can i do with a g36?

iamthebestairsofter

I haven't found anything official about laser strengths in the UK though. It is entirely possible that the info in that site is duff, but it seems odd that a site selling lasers in the UK would use duff info that could restrict their sales. If anyone can prove or disprove this info I'd be glad to be educated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread persuaded me to look at my green laser unit. it says on it "warning, this aperture emits laser raditaion 532nm 10mW"

:blink:

its the G&P green laser torch combo thingy, made for airsoft, sold by an airsoft shop, and imported into the country by me with no trouble. which is all pretty confusing. so im confused now.

but you say yours is a solid beam of green light even in day at 4mW ? if mine really is 10, im not getting a beam of light, just a green dot at the end. so who knows.

You can't get a solid beam laser the "beam" is only visible when it's reflecting off particles in the air. You'll see a beam when shining a laser through fog or smoke but if there's nothing in the air you won't see it.

I'm not sure there is a UK legal limit.

200mw laser: http://www.spymodex.com/laser004.htm plus they have this:

Important safety information

Class 3B lasers may have an output power of up to 500 mW (half a watt). Class 3B lasers may have sufficient power to cause an eye injury, both from the direct beam and from reflections. The higher the output power of the device the greater the risk of injury. Class 3B lasers are therefore considered hazardous to the eye. However, the extent and severity of any eye injury arising from an exposure to the laser beam of a Class 3B laser will depend upon several factors including the radiant power entering the eye and the duration of the exposure. NEVER point a laser pointer into the eye otherwise irreversible damage will occur and NEVER allow children to use any laser pointer.

About the only official thing I could find: Health & Safety; http://www.hse.gov.uk/lau/lacs/60-4.htm (and I cba'd to read most it - it made me sleepy :P)

My friend, if you paid £180 for a 4.1mW laser, then you really do fail at life ;)

For £180 you can pick up a 150 - 200mW 532nm green laser :)

Also, Why spend £30 on a gun and then spend 6x times that on an accessary? I mean, surely it would have been better to do that the other way around? :unsure:

Also if anyone is interested, check out Wicked Lasers - They are awsome :D

My friend, if you paid £180 for a 4.1mW laser, then you really do fail at life ;)

For £180 you can pick up a 150 - 200mW 532nm green laser :)

Also, Why spend £30 on a gun and then spend 6x times that on an accessary? I mean, surely it would have been better to do that the other way around? :unsure:

Also if anyone is interested, check out Wicked Lasers - They are awsome :D

i do see your point, but there isnt really a great deal you can do with a £180 lazer really is there? other than point at stuff. so once you have spent that on the lazer (which is cool) how better to display it than on a gun, and if you cant afford a decent TM or CA G36 then the £30 option is all thats open.

I have seen these for sale in town, the cheap £30 guns, and the G36 looks pretty realistic, but poor finnishing. sand it down, then spray re spray it and it could look quite nice, and would work great as a display for the lazer

Archived