UK Loadout guide.

Gadge

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just out of curiosity those of you who use plce for box mags, do you swap out the front two pouches for utility pouches or s10 pouches or something else or just leace them on? for a realistic look i haven't seen any pics of soldiers on tours doing it, has anyone seen soldiers doing that?

thanks

james

(for minim para, as the small canvas bags would fit in utility pouches, or the big plastic one would fit in s10 pouches, or sa80 mags to plug in the side)

edit

do snipers modify their webbing, or would they use an assault vest?

However if you get the order to fix bayonets its pretty liely you're in the doodah anyway and unliley to be wearing your daysacks...

You're either about to repel a big attack or you're out of ammo and its time to give it some elbow...

nope, i went through every attack in Iraq wearing my daysack and we had bayonets fixed pretty much the whole time.

edit: @sly:

most minimi gunners keep their mag pouches for mags and just refill the 200 round canvas box mag with fresh belts (that are usually kept in their daysack, or a number 2's daysack)

Snipers tend to be very individual and most use customised rigs or belt kit. as they are the most "kit Aware" soldiers in the unit they tend to wear more modern gear than the rifle company guys.

Darkchild

no, you have to remember that minimis are issued to relatively new guys (such is the way of the infantry) who are a lot less knowledgable about kit than the average airsofter.

but i have seen many gunners go into an attack with a spare belt stuffed into a combat jacket zip pocket. The daysack thing is not usually an issue as the minimi dude will take it off and lay it next to him when in a fire suppot role. If a gunner is involved in the assault itself, he will rarely get through 200 rounds before getting a lull in the battle.

Darkchild

well your ok as long as you get married sometime this year as ill be back in the dustbowl from may onwards.:)

The only thing I'll be doing from May onwards is polishing my leather Magnums and wondering why I'd joined the junior service. Pay be damned.

Fair play Darkchild, i'd hope my intel was better than having to have  bayonets fixed as a regular occurance...

Still  - your war not mine no offence meant..

Its got nothing to do with intel mate, when you are engaging the enemy at extreme close quarters in an urban environment constantly for 3 weeks it just makes sense to have swords fixed all the time.

For the record i didnt have to stab anyone though.

Darkchild

Well the Bayonet has a psychological effect as well, both for the wielder and the person on the receiving end.

As a Rifleman with sword attached you have the effect of knowing that you're in this fight to the end. As the one confronted with the bayonet you realise that the effect of a possible burst of fire missing you is negated by the idea that this soldier in front of you is intent on nothing more than sticking 6 inches of steel into you.

There's also the effect on a unit as a whole; if you retreat under fire you can rationalise it as a tactical withdrawl; however, if you're Thrown back on the point of a bayonet charge you know you have been comprehensively beaten.

i saw that too lol what he probably missed out was the part about the tip being embedded in a wall :D are they still making the bayonets out of ###### metal (slag)or have they finally decided to go the american route and contract a proper knife making company to do it.

'they dont like it up em sir , the fuzzywuzzies!' ahem...........excuse me.

Archived