UK Loadout guide.

Gadge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... Since my camo stuff and vest are Soldier95, I'm plotting what sort of UK loadouts I could pull.

I doubt I'd manage the UKSF look, but would 5'7" and 13 stone 3 pounds be odd in 'Redcap' look with the crimson beret? (Variation with light blue UN beret occurred to me when saw that UN loadout thread...) Armed with pistol and shotgun?

Also, would I need some tricks if I wanted to look 'authentic' wearing S95 and carry the LSW? (Thinking of getting the Star...) Should I get the SUSAT or some scope for the LSW, since it'd be more likely to be long range support rifle as opposed to the actual LMG by '95 got adopted?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to create an authentic UK winter/snow loadout. The normal DPM is just way too green for a grey/brown/snow enviroment. I did search but I was unable to dig up any relevant pics and information about current issue winter camo clothing. Can anyone help me out with this?

By the way, not exactly on topic, but does the British Army have ski troops?

I've got various bits for a british loud out but I'm missing the jacket. I was looking at the SAS smock(http://sasskit.co.uk/products/militaryclothing/ripstopsassmock.htm). But it says its cotton. Just wondering if anyone knew whether it was a wax cotton or just cotton? I mean with the good old british winter coming in fast I don't want to end up a drowned rat, since I won't just be wearing it for airsoft.

"All "Ripstop" 6% Synthetic 94% cotton gaberdine. Lightweight, fast-drying, difficult to tear"

That is a pretty comprehensive description. I'm not sure what you dont understand?

edit- If you mean 'is it waterproof?' then no, it isn't.

• 3 weeks later...

These are 2 things i have learnt over the last few months with the TA.

Under Armour or Helly Hanson is a must. I personnal perfer UA but Helly is more popular from what I have seen. (My WO2 called my UA s*itty American ######). Shemaghs are popular but the regular patern is quite easy to spot.

Lowa boots are the way to go.

Thats just what I have seen, and i dont pretend to be an expert.

hey can you stick a link for your pictures..., the combat jacket is commen sence, anybody who watch ultmate force, and you look tike a twat if you dont, anyway great guide, and if anybody has a spare dpm mk6 cover, i need one and can pay good money, pm me if you do.

Why not pay your good money to any of the shops that sell them?

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk have used desert and woodland ones for £3.50

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk have new desert and woodland ones for £5.00

You won't find LSWs in use without SUSATs on them... There's just no point putting iron sights on a weapon with so great an effective range.

I could be wrong but i think i've seen them with iron sights in jungle operations where the susat might mist up and your contact range is highly unlikely to be over a hundred meters.

Having neither trained for or served in the jungle thats just something i think i may have seen.

I could be wrong but i think i've seen them with iron sights in jungle operations where the susat might mist up and your contact range is highly unlikely to be over a hundred meters.

Having neither trained for or served in the jungle thats just something i think i may have seen.

Ditto to not having done jungle training, but surely if you're not going to use a magnified sight because your engagement ranges are short, then you wouldn't carry around the extra weight and bulk of the LSW?

I think it's up to the BG that's conducting the operation, or more likely the training. The reality is that LSWs are normally issued as personal weapons during the period of the trg cycle when jungle training is conducted. I've seen them when I was in Belize. Engagement ranges aren't always short, there is surprising amounts of high ground (therefore key terrain) that offer considerable large killing areas where weapons with ranges over 600m can be used. Personally on a real Jungle Op (god forbid we ever have to do one) I'd issue LMG and preferably GPMG at section level; as long as you've got plenty of L96 for the accurate long range stuff.

LLMs are made by Oerlikon Contraves, and should be restricted because of the IR capabilities. There have been some on sale online (usually for close to US$500) but I can't find anywhere that's still doing them. One person at the last Town Assault had one on his Star, but neglected to tell me any info about his source. Most likely a German or US website is going to be the best source.

LLMs are made by Oerlikon Contraves, and should be restricted because of the IR capabilities. There have been some on sale online (usually for close to US$500) but I can't find anywhere that's still doing them. One person at the last Town Assault had one on his Star, but neglected to tell me any info about his source. Most likely a German or US website is going to be the best source.

They cost around $2500-3000 new and are only available to Mil/LE :P

I dont recall seeing any online for sale to the public.

They cost around $2500-3000 new and are only available to Mil/LE :P

I dont recall seeing any online for sale to the public.

Nevertheless, some members of the public have got their hands on them. Reading around, there has been at least one European store selling them in the past, but their site is now offline. I still want to know where the guy at TA5 got his.

On a different topic, but still thread related, Flecktarn.co.uk have dropped their Osprey prices by £60 to a more bearable £39.50. This is a bit more reasonable for what are damaged goods. Mine arrived this morning, and the button for the rank tab has ripped off, nothing a little needlework won't sort out. There are other places selling Osprey's for similar or lower prices, Flecktarn seem to be the only place with a decent stock of small and medium sizes.

Archived