UK Loadout guide.

Gadge

I have almost completed my UK loadout. All original S95 items, MK6 helmet an L96 and an L85 :D.

I have some questions thoe:

- I have the PLCE belt. I put all the pockets on, fastened the belt then the yolk and pockets ended up mid way between my waist and my head. It feelt and looked awkard :D. Then I stripped the pocked and inserted the belt onto the beltholes of the trousers. Now it holds well and all, but I have to take off the trousers if I wanted to take off the webbing. As the beltholes are not buttoned but permanently fixed I would need to remove all the pockets before I can pull the belt from the trousers. I think that is not exactly the right way to do it. Some help on this issue would be appreciated.

- I have a flak vest. I can't recall the name but it is imporved type. What type if filling is used in it? I cut plates from white plastic which filled the vest perfectly plus wood plates for the ceramic parts. Now it can stand on its own and all but restricts the movement a lot and generally uncomfortable. I doubt I would be able to get original bulletproof filling (even expired pieces) so I'd like to make some. Any idea which common material would be the closest match? Someone mentioned neopren but I don't know.

- On the vest, there is a loop on the front side. Does the belt go through it or something else?

- I have an original sling for the L85. On the sling there is a loop that seems no purpose. It stick upward of my left shoulder like the end of a ninja sword. Can I and Should I attach the sling to the PLCE? If yes then how do I do it?

- The rubbers on my helmet cover get extremely loose after some days in the rain. Is it normal or I should get a new one?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bayonet sleeve is on the back of my yoke, but then again i don't wear a daysack for airsofting.

In general I would not recommend one of these for airsofting. Helmets are

heavy, uncomfortable and generally left behind on reconnaissance missions

similar to the scenarios found in airsoft.

Heresy!

Sure I am totally knackered at the end of the day, but meh, it makes the battles feel a tad more real. Most of the games I have played so far have been based on a planned and full on forward assault not a recon mission.

Good guide though, I never knew my belt was so fashionable (and obsolete).

I don't suppose I would get away with wearing a Hong Kong police vest and a Mk6 helmet then? :D

I have almost completed my UK loadout. All original S95 items, MK6 helmet an L96 and an L85 :D.

I have some questions thoe:

- I have the PLCE belt. I put all the pockets on, fastened the belt then the yolk and pockets ended up mid way between my waist and my head. It feelt and looked awkard :D. Then I stripped the pocked and inserted the belt onto the beltholes of the trousers. Now it holds well and all, but I have to take off the trousers if I wanted to take off the webbing. As the beltholes are not buttoned but permanently fixed I would need to remove all the pockets before I can pull the belt from the trousers. I think that is not exactly the right way to do it. Some help on this issue would be appreciated.

- I have a flak vest. I can't recall the name but it is imporved type. What type if filling is used in it? I cut plates from white plastic which filled the vest perfectly plus wood plates for the ceramic parts. Now it can stand on its own and all but restricts the movement a lot and generally uncomfortable. I doubt I would be able to get original bulletproof filling (even expired pieces) so I'd like to make some. Any idea which common material would be the closest match? Someone mentioned neopren but I don't know.

- On the vest, there is a loop on the front side. Does the belt go through it or something else?

- I have an original sling for the L85. On the sling there is a loop that seems no purpose. It stick upward of my left shoulder like the end of a ninja sword. Can I and Should I attach the sling to the PLCE? If yes then how do I do it?

- The rubbers on my helmet cover get extremely loose after some days in the rain. Is it normal or I should get a new one?

Could you post some pictures? I can't quite grasp what it is you've done.

But one thing I can tell you is you don't thread the webbing belt through your trousers, as for the pouches being halfway up your back, just losen the straps on the back of the yoke until it sits right.

Regarding the 'flak vest': It's a CBA, Combat Body Armour (though more commonly known as a Combat Body Warmer). Your best bet is to put some sort of padded material like that under a carpet or insulation type stuff.

Not quite sure what you mean by a loop for a belt to go through, but if you can post a photo I'm sure we can figure it out.

Are you sure you have put the sling on correctly? It sounds like the loop round the back that you pull to make the sling tighter or loosen it.

I tried typing out how to fit the sling properly but it just got too complicated. Easier to show in real life. I'm sure there is a picture guide around somewhere.

For filling you CBA you can use like me some roll mat. I cut it to the rough shape of the cover an them made 3 pieces to fit in the blastic plates on the front and the back. It's a nice and cheap way of padding out the cover.

FilledArmour2.jpg

Also, Pendra. Do you mean the little loop of fabric at the bottom of my vest?

Yeah I ment that loop. You know what that thing is for?

As for roll mat. I think it would turn extremely hot in the summer, isn't it?

BTW managed to assemble my PLCE at the end (unthreaded frm the trousers and all) and used it in a skirmish. Great stuff!

That loop of fabric at the front of the vest: You're supposed to run your PLCE belt through it. At the back of the vest there is supposed to be a strip of fabric with a buckle at the end. On the free end of that buckle there is supposed to be a PLCE belt fitting (like the ones on the PLCE pouches). That attaches to your PLCE belt. This way when you don and doff your vest, your webbing goes with it.

Just in the other day from Flecktarn :)

100_0246.jpg

The part that I have blacked out says "damaged." Probably all the ones they have are the same. No real major damage visible though, just things like missing snaps on some straps. Easy fix for that.

And even better, a lot easier to put a filler in than the CBA. No more trying to get the front panels in through the tiny shoulder opening.

100_0247.jpg

Nice big access openings for the panels.

• 4 months later...

Not to resurrect something, however this is the appropriate place for this question:

Can I get a break down of Winter or Arctic equipment? Theres chance for a longer game (two days, off field camping) in the end of December in the central mid west portion of the US. I'm wondering if theres a set of snow clothing, or a series of layers that are added to the usual S95 light weight trousers and the slightly heaver smock?

Thanks,

KM

There is a snow suit but I'm not sure where you'd find one. A norgie is the best thing to wear to keep warm with layers on top of that things like a regular od shirt and a wooley jumper topped off with a jacket or smock. On your lower half some thermals are a good idea, cold weather boot socks and maybe a pair of trackies a pair of gortex gaiters would be a thought if it's going to be wet too. Lastly gloves and a hat, a woollen watch cap and a pair of thinsulate gloves should suffice.

You'll find most of this stuff is civvie and not issue.

There are issue gaiters and thermal softee jacket to replace the old cold weather 'chines fighting suit' (a quilted nylon jacket and trousers).

Norwegian sweaters were very popular but a bit old school, the dpm fleece replaced it for a lot of people

A lot of lads by buffalo shirts these days.

If you're *really* cold your nbc suit is bloody boiling, i've worn mine on stag at 3am in february before....

But normally its just layers,

underwear (long johns and long sleeve t-shirt)

then s95 shirt and trousers

then fleece and smock

then goretex suit

Pro boots to keep your feet warm, with or without the gaiters.

Same kit, based on the layering system.

To be pedantic, the DPM fleece is being phased out as it isn't IRR. They're using either the OG ones (as a reminder to wear something IRR over it) or the issue softy type jacket.

If it were me playing in december, i'd go for a base layer t-shirt, norgie shirt, snugpak fleece, smock, goretex. (my goretex gets worn over my smock and always will do :P)

To be honest, when you're running about you're probably just need a smock and a t shirt - with a fleece to put on when sitting about.

Norgie shirts seem pretty expensive new. I remember paying £2 for my grade 1 shirt a while back. Even on ebay they're quite pricey.

Does anyone know of a cheap source of them?

Anchor Supplies in Nottingham had some pretty cheap yesterday. Less the £5, but they didn't have a massive stock of them in.

Archived