MAGPUL PTS RM4 ERG

Warning

Not sure if any ones posted about this but:

Its a EBB that uses regular AEG mags and some kind of proprietary mag which enables a bolt stop feature kinda like the TM "Recoil Shock" series.

It comes in 14.5" and 10.5" barrel configs. I'm liking the 14.5" with the longer MOE handguard

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another PDR kerfuffle with the gearbox etc.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am watching this with interest. I had heard about it a few weeks back and then only found one very old AirsoftGI video from 2010! 

Hopefully will be a true alternative to TM Recoil Shock rifles, but less expensive and with better availability (have assume this will be KWA as per the old GI videos).

Am watching this with interest. I had heard about it a few weeks back and then only found one very old AirsoftGI video from 2010! 

Hopefully will be a true alternative to TM Recoil Shock rifles, but less expensive and with better availability (have assume this will be KWA as per the old GI videos).

They had a sample in the 2013 HK Toy Fair and I made a vid about it :P  It's going to be priced around the same as the TM RS though; at least in HK.

However, given the recent rumors of PTS losing their license with Magpul I don't know if this will be affected.

Oops! Any chance you could share the link to your video here? It is relevant info after all (sorry!!) :)

Well, even if they (and I am still referring to KWA at this point - until someone else updates on the OEM) have to drop Magpul furniture and branding due to whatever is going on with PTS ... I hope it doesn't matter! Just stick it in any AR body that won't cause licensing issues and ta da! 

Should've uploaded that when I first posted :P  Again, sorry for the weird pink lines in the vid; I messed up my phone camera somehow and anything overly bright causes it to go all pinkish :(

Anyway; I remember asking PTS about their EBB guns and they said that they weren't planning to introduce any EBBs with the standard AR receiver.  I don't know if KWA will given that this seems to be a joint project between them and PTS but as far as I remember the gist of the conversation I had with the PTS staff was that it was only going to be released with the Magpul lower receivers.

Perhaps this will change with the recent issues PTS are having.  Personally though I would prefer a standard AR receiver rather than the Magpul one; so hopefully that will happen sometime in the near future.

Good, one more video of the gun announced and demonstrated some years ago... hope they actually release it this time... unlike their EBB AK.

I like their  "yes, you can use for airsoft, but if you are a LEO, military, hardcore RS shooter, this is your traning gun" strategy, which will make drool all the airsoft kids out there who will start asking "is the ERG better than the PTW?"

Anyway, i will keep a popcorn bowl near and see how this announcement and pts recent problems unfold :)

Price will be $380-$385. That will be the same price whether you're buying it in HK or in the USA. Proprietary PMAGs will be sold in box sets of three and will be very inexpensive (especially compared to TM SOPMOD mags and even PTS Midcaps).

That's, that's not very bad for a price actually. Makes me want to get back into ARs again. Of course, the question remains if the internals of these were made by the same ARES-like quality and design company behind the PDR. That one had a lot of problems and with it just being a regular AEG.

Personally, im a bit worried about their recomendation to use 11.1v lipos, I use 7.4v on my guns to minimize the arcing on the trigger contacts, but 11.1v could hurt the gun a bit more. Probably not, but will this gun have an OOTB mosfet?

Power levels will be HK/USA? I mean, 400FPS?

im not worried about reliability. the ERG M4 KWA was sauntering around with last year saw tons of use via kids and other airsofters trying it out and the KWA reps kept with a story about them not having to fix it. all with the use of a lipo. it was a magpul model too.

Personally, im a bit worried about their recomendation to use 11.1v lipos, I use 7.4v on my guns to minimize the arcing on the trigger contacts, but 11.1v could hurt the gun a bit more. Probably not, but will this gun have an OOTB mosfet?

You usually do not have to worry about the voltage. It's the discharge rate you need to keep at a minimum.

Better to play with a 11.1V 1200mah 12c battery than a 7.4v 2200mah 25c.

Of course mosfet is always better safe than sorry.

To be honest, its all of that magpul what takes out a bit of the "like" factor for me, as for my new M4 build Im looking for a more military Block1 look, not a problem though, as I can sell most of the magpul parts to make the final price lower, which is great BTW.

Any ETA for the gun?

To be honest, its all of that magpul what takes out a bit of the "like" factor for me, as for my new M4 build Im looking for a more military Block1 look, not a problem though, as I can sell most of the magpul parts to make the final price lower, which is great BTW.

Any ETA for the gun?

magpul bodied block 1  :P

magpul bodied block 1   :P

Of course, a bit of gucci is never a bad thing in the sandpit :P

But to be honest, I dont believe these will be sold with a Magpul body, and if they are, a version with a regular body/forniture will be sold at some point too

i dont remember what body was on the one i handeled. if you guys go to the facebook page for my old shop, Hot Spot Airsoft, there should be a pic or 2 of me handeling it if you really want to find out.

Honestly, how does this compare to the TM recoil, it's a direct competitor.

i have limited experiance with the KWA ERG, but i have handled and shot it and i have worked on a few TM recoil shocks including sopmods and 416s. the KWA is all around a better option for the scrimmage minded person. if you cna get over the KWA trademarks, the gun feels and works great. but if you really want that next level feel and dont mind spending $1000 to get it up to american scrimmage standards or spending 700 on one to use in the limited EU countries, then go for the TM. personally, ill be getting the KWA. i need the stock FPS increase and i know the product is still reliable.

I have been waiting for this gun for 2 years. Saw it at a KWA booth at Evike's Airsoft Con event back in 2011. Shot it and fell in love with it.

Maybe Allizard can chime in here...

(by the way... the kid in the pix is not me, just some random kid....)

post-59890-0-00667300-1373907881_thumb.jpg

post-59890-0-85444000-1373907897_thumb.jpg

Archived