XM-26 Shotgun System

chas

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's this "airsoft online shop" like? If I went to a restaurant and it's called "Restaurant", I can't help but feel suspicious about it

Im gonna be the guinea pig here: I saw that they were selling the XM for 189$ + 62$ in shipping and went ahead and ordered one. I figured: since I use paypal, I should be able to retrieve my money if this is a... I dont want to say it.

Ill let you guys know!

Oh £169 is actually worth me getting it from the UK if Chas had to pay $251 USD before ransom charge.. provided this fubarbundy doesn't charge too much for shipping (since when is that a thing?.. first airsoft online shop, now this shop, I'm losing track of airsoft shops)

All RIFs are posted via Parcel force at £8.95 and unlike most other airsoft retailers postage is free on small items, so you don't get stuffed with £5.50 postage on a hop rubber etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally received mine.

I'm at work, so I could only briefly take it out of the box, but obviously not shoot it or even load it.

It's very lightweight and the action (w/o shells) seems very smooth.

Too bad it came with an orange flash hider.

Will post more info and pics tonight.

BTW: it came with two shells, even though they were not mentioned in the product description.

My question is does it fit on a RIS?

Looks like it would with a 20mm to 20mm adapter.

The barrel mounts are removable if you look closely

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

it needs an adapter, definitely. OOTB this thing is designed to either be stand-alone or mounted on an M4.

However, the top rail and the rear mount are bolted on. That means it has 4 screw holes on the top. Chances are you can find some RIS mount that you can simply bolt into the existing holes.

EDIT: I just tested it. An ACOG mount (can be had for 8.39 US$, including shipping) will screw on the forward hole of the rear mount and the rear hole of the top rail. The hole on the mount need to be filed a bit as the distance between the centers of the holes is around 2 mm shorter than on the gun. Easy mod.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Metal-Plane-Bottom-Base-DIY-11-mm-rail-mount-Standard-Adapter-Rail-Mount-Hunting-Accessories/32390463923.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.44.j2kkA4&ws_ab_test=201556_2,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,0_0

Other things: most parts on this gun, except for the barrel, charging handle, trigger, internals and stock tube, are plastic. The mayority is a very sturdy material (similar tu G36 nylon) and it has a sandy finish, so it kinda looks metalic.

In standalone configuration, it's a bit to light. Since it uses a GBB grip, maybe you can put weights in there and in the stock tube, to give it a heftier feel.

But once it's mounted on a gun, I bet most people will be thankful for the little weight.

The box magazine and the flash hider are made from a flimsier material and feel and look cheap. Also, the flash hider is orange.

Cycling is not very smooth. When pulling the charging handle back, it sometimes sticks and Im afraid to break it.

The box mags feeds fine and I believe it will take 6 or 7 shells. Can't tell you for sure, but I only have 4 shells: two from the Xm-26 and two from the M870.

Cant give you an exact range. but hits a human sized target at 20 meters no problem.

More info and pictures coming the following days.

it needs an adapter, definitely. OOTB this thing is designed to either be stand-alone or mounted on an M4.

However, the top rail and the rear mount are bolted on. That means it has 4 screw holes on the top. Chances are you can find some RIS mount that you can simply bolt into the existing holes.

EDIT: I just tested it. An ACOG mount (can be had for 8.39 US$, including shipping) will screw on the forward hole of the rear mount and the rear hole of the top rail. The hole on the mount need to be filed a bit as the distance between the centers of the holes is around 2 mm shorter than on the gun. Easy mod.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Metal-Plane-Bottom-Base-DIY-11-mm-rail-mount-Standard-Adapter-Rail-Mount-Hunting-Accessories/32390463923.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.44.j2kkA4&ws_ab_test=201556_2,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,0_0

Other things: most parts on this gun, except for the barrel, charging handle, trigger, internals and stock tube, are plastic. The mayority is a very sturdy material (similar tu G36 nylon) and it has a sandy finish, so it kinda looks metalic.

In standalone configuration, it's a bit to light. Since it uses a GBB grip, maybe you can put weights in there and in the stock tube, to give it a heftier feel.

But once it's mounted on a gun, I bet most people will be thankful for the little weight.

The box magazine and the flash hider are made from a flimsier material and feel and look cheap. Also, the flash hider is orange.

Cycling is not very smooth. When pulling the charging handle back, it sometimes sticks and Im afraid to break it.

The box mags feeds fine and I believe it will take 6 or 7 shells. Can't tell you for sure, but I only have 4 shells: two from the Xm-26 and two from the M870.

Cant give you an exact range. but hits a human sized target at 20 meters no problem.

More info and pictures coming the following days.

That's some damn fine range if I do say so myself.

Got mine this week-end:

axGaGD.jpg

It is the US version with red flash-hider even if it came from a HK shop (painted black upon receipt).

I tried to fire the shells filled with propane (the only gaz I currently have at my disposal) and the spring is not strong enough to trigger the shot. I have therefore ordered 5 CNC propane/co2 shells and hope it will be fine.

Therefore no shooting test experienced yet.

The cycling is correct but need some force.

Got mine this week-end:

axGaGD.jpg

It is the US version with red flash-hider even if it came from a HK shop (painted black upon receipt).

I tried to fire the shells filled with propane (the only gaz I currently have at my disposal) and the spring is not strong enough to trigger the shot. I have therefore ordered 5 CNC propane/co2 shells and hope it will be fine.

Therefore no shooting test experienced yet.

The cycling is correct but need some force.

I use propane (Green gas), too, and have experienced no issue, Weird.

Did you remove the FH to paint it? If so, how?

No, I just extended it to the maximum (the FH is mounted on a spring and therefore can be extended / retracted at will for those who are not aware of it), put some tape around the main barrel to protect the other parts and spray-painted the whole thing in black several times in thin slices.

I've tried again using the propane, and this time it worked.

Maybe because I put the shells apart and greased each moving part.

I mounted in on my Dboys M4 last night. Takes about 5 minutes to change from stand-alone to mounted config. It fits right in and require no modding. Its pretty toght, only a slight lateral movement that does not bother me.

BTW: the stock the gun comes with is a sort of slim mod-stock. I really like it.

ibc3h30l.jpg

Archived