LiFePO4 batteries at Rsov

Logo

Those are very interesting.

They are similar shape to nicd/nimh but similar quality to lipo. It looks like they would fit well in a buffer tube on an M4.

I have LIPO batteries for RC airplanes and the thing that keeps me from using it for airsoft is that the different cell shape prevents using them in many common configurations. This changes that a lot.

Hrmph, i wonder what their discharge characteristics are like.

I'm pretty sure they are 12-14C. At least, that was the typical discharge rate of 18650 LiFePO4 batteries when I was researching them before.

They are similar shape to nicd/nimh but similar quality to lipo. It looks like they would fit well in a buffer tube on an M4.

18650 = 18mm diameter x 65mm length per cell

Multiply that be 3 and you get around 200mm not including connectors and such. That's about the same as an 8.4v 2/3A pack. At best, they may work in buffer tubes with stocks fully extended only.

If you want buffer tube batteries with lower ROF (there already are 11.1v lipos that fit), there are 18650 10-12C li-ions in the works. 3.7v per cell so only two are required and can power 450ish setups. Should be able to keep all but the fully collapsed stock position.

What do you mean? The buffer tube does not collapse. The stock slithers up and down the buffer tube.

Regardless of if the stock is expanded or collapsed, the buffer tube is always the same length.

I just ordered a couple. I ordered the 3 cell split.

I normally use Lipos but they are getting too much for my 3 round burst mosfet ( from extreme-fire.com ). I was waiting for these to be available for a long time. Here they are now.... yay !!!

Will let you guys know how they work ...

Thanks

Arvin

Quoted from RSOV, for the people who didn't bother to read the product decriptions ;)

'Morepower'

New generation high discharge rate and safe 9.6V 1500mah LiFePO4 battery pack comes with 110/220VAC input battery quick charger with LED indicator.

Dimension of cell is 65mmx19mm. Check out the LiFePO4 battery characteristics here ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_iron_phosphate_battery

So they're 65mm x 19mm - SHOULD fit in a buffer tube without too much fuss, especialy if you get the 2+1 pack and lop off the extra one.

Quoted from RSOV, for the people who didn't bother to read the product decriptions ;)

So they're 65mm x 19mm - SHOULD fit in a buffer tube without too much fuss, especialy if you get the 2+1 pack and lop off the extra one.

But wouldn't chopping the a cell off leave you with a woefully low voltage of 6.2v?

I think he's referring to people saying some positions of the collapsible stock won't be functional. If it's inside the tube, it should have no effect on it.

Yes indeed, I do not see how one could easly shoulder his M4/M16 with a lithium-stick coming out of the end ;)

Has anyone actually fit a 7.4V lithium inside a stock tube, allowing to close the cap on it?

OMG 12.8v

If anyone who has pimped out a gun so it can fire at like 40rps with a 9.6

buy one of those, think about how many mags you could empty into someone and how quick that would happen

If anyone could make an AEP take a systema turbo and accept these batteries, man that would be awesome

AEP + 12.8v bat + systema turbo = Dualie uber ownage

it would use a high cap mag every two seconds though and as standard the original mag is fired off in that time

OMG 12.8v

If anyone who has pimped out a gun so it can fire at like 40rps with a 9.6

buy one of those, think about how many mags you could empty into someone and how quick that would happen

If anyone could make an AEP take a systema turbo and accept these batteries, man that would be awesome

AEP + 12.8v bat + systema turbo = Dualie uber ownage

it would use a high cap mag every two seconds though and as standard the original mag is fired off in that time

And you'd need new internals after every game.

But wouldn't chopping the a cell off leave you with a woefully low voltage of 6.2v?

Pah. I've got a gearbox that throws out 0.2's at 330 on the nose, and does so at around 13-15 rps.

With a 4.8v 600mAh pack.

6.2v's perfectly fine! =D

Archived