Magpul PTS - MOE Grip

orca

MOE-01a.jpg

MOEGrip2-1.jpg

Magpul PTS’s new line of AEG accessories intended to be low-cost, high-quality to standard AEG components.

MOE will be offered to manufacturers as OEM equipment and to individual seeking Magpul quality in basic equipment upgrade.

The MOE line distinguishes itself with a simplified feature set, but maintains Magpul engineering and material quality.

The Real Steel Magpul MOE Line

Just for reference. Here is what Magpul announced earlier this year of their MOE lineup of offerings. This grip is the first of hopefully many PTS (airsoft) versions of the MOE product line.

magpul-moe01a-1.jpg

IronWolf is correct. MOE Grip does not have any replacable front or back straps. The MOE Stock is a simplified version of the CTR and does not have the QD Socket or friction lock.

The MOE line in general is a suplemental line and will not replace items like the MIAD or CTR even though they look similar.

Any ETA on these items?

Quite interested in the MOE CTR and handguards.

If I had that info, I would have posted it. Keep in mind the only PTS MOE product next to be produced is the Grip. Any other MOE products are being shown from Magpul's Real Steel offering is from Shotshow and are just for reference.

well, I'd rather see an UBR-stock airsoft version.

Good luck with that.

We probably have another six months or so before we will see one. They arent really out in widespread circulation yet for the real steel circles.

well, I'd rather see an UBR-stock airsoft version.

Good luck with that.

We probably have another six months or so before we will see one. They arent really out in widespread circulation yet for the real steel circles.

Go nuts :P

DSCN1413.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

Stock will run you ~$250 and the PTS Stock Adaptor costs $30. Cut the adaptor in two spots to shorten it by 2.25" overall. Somehow get the two parts back together (I put another chunk of metal with an OD = PTS Adaptor ID and then epoxied the surfaces) and mount the UBR. Figure $300 and about an hour of work.

The PRS was easily knocked off because its just two halves of molded polymer with some small and large screws. Most of the $250 in its retail value is probably to recover R&D costs. The UBR, however, its a very mechanical piece of work. I can't imagine ways to cut corners and make it cheaper short of manufacturing outside of the US.

Cheers.

Stock will run you ~$250 and the PTS Stock Adaptor costs $30. Cut the adaptor in two spots to shorten it by 2.25" overall. Somehow get the two parts back together (I put another chunk of metal with an OD = PTS Adaptor ID and then epoxied the surfaces) and mount the UBR. Figure $300 and about an hour of work.

The PRS was easily knocked off because its just two halves of molded polymer with some small and large screws. Most of the $250 in its retail value is probably to recover R&D costs. The UBR, however, its a very mechanical piece of work. I can't imagine ways to cut corners and make it cheaper short of manufacturing outside of the US.

Well Magpul PTS is HK based, so the PTS version when it gets made will be manufactured outside of the US. Given the price of the majority of Magpul PTS' past products and how they compared to the prices of their real steel counterparts (the only exception to this being the Magpul M93 stock and Magpul Receiver), chances are that the Magpul PTS UBR will be around the same price ~ US$250.

IronWolf is correct. MOE Grip does not have any replacable front or back straps.

So what's the difference between the airsoft PTS MIAD and MOE grip? The only difference I can tell is "MOE" being stamped on one of them... (I've had my airsoft MIAD for a while and it came in a magpul bag).

Archived