Ebaybanned starts selling AEGs

chas

Maybe I didnt explain myself well or... Here it is again, but in slow-mo:

You order a Sig from EB: 138$, including shipping

You order a Sig from Gunner's: 80$ + 54$ shipping = 134$

Here you could choose whichever you like, cause 4$ difference isnt really whats going to matter in the end.

But if you order a Sig and a simple battery, you will pay the same shipping costs as before at Gunner's (becase shipping rates arent calculated in grams, but rather in kilos or at least 1/2 kilos) but 2x shipping costs for the AEG and for te battery at EB, because Paul doesnt combine shipping costs, and the initial wheight unit is always the most expensive part:

Sig + battery at EB = 163.9$

Sig + battery at Gunner's = 149$

Thats 15$ for just 2 items; and the more stuff you buy the worse itll get.

I see your point but its down to the supplier which one do you like ? anyway the extra service is one i asked him to supply

in the uk you cant import a full aeg, the extra service is spliting the aeg into two parts allowing them to clear uk customs as parts rather than a RIF

I thought their products have free shipping?

Kind of. All their products have international shipping factored in to the final price. So you can call it "a more expensive price with free shipping" or "a decent competitive price with a flat shipping rate pre-added".

For example, the SIG-552 costs US$138.00 at ebayBanned with shipping included, or it cost US$80.00 at Gunner without shipping included.

Another example is the Jing Gong M4 CQB Stubby Killer: costs US$154 at ebayBanned with shipping, or $108.00 at Gunner without shipping.

One thing ebayBanned has going for it with this business approach is that customers always know what the final cost will be. However, doing this prevents the buyer from ever getting the benefit of combined shipping.

Paul will give combined shipping on very large orders IIRC. I like EB because I generally only want one or two small things at a time and because of the precalculated shipping costs and ease of use on the website the process is a lot quicker than going through some other retailers. RSOV and Gunners have had large lead times getting items shipped out in my experience.

Paul will give combined shipping on very large orders IIRC.

Interesting. If that were the case, I wish he'd make that official and tell people how much they must order in order for a combined shipping cost to be considered. Also, does one have to contact Paul first with what they want or do they have to place the order, contact Paul, and hope he issues a partial refund? :huh:

Check the "Shipping and Return" policy on the left.

We do NOT offer any combine shipping discount for orders weighted below 5kg. All requesting emails will be ignored. But we have launched a bulk purchasing programme which we will offer up to 20% discount on bulk purchasing orders over 5kg. You can ask your AEG team members to purchase with you to enjoy the discount.

So how do you know when you have 5kg worth of merchandise???

You wanted Paul to make combine shipping with very large orders public, well it is.

We all now know we need 5kg of stuff to get discount, but knowing when we hit the 5kg mark is still unknown. Gosh darn Paul, weight your product and at least post their weight then I'll be more happy :D

Bets thing you can do is go to www.airsoft-war4.com All their product descriptions (click) include the weight.

I used to make bulk orders from paul (like 10 vests at a time) and then I would get the bulk product price and the shipping cost calculated exactly. But that was for 10 vests, 15 BDUs, and so on.

20% for orders over 5kg is a really nothing, if substracted only from the shipping cost. If its from the price including shipping, then yes.

Maybe I didnt explain myself well or... Here it is again, but in slow-mo:

You order a Sig from EB: 138$, including shipping

You order a Sig from Gunner's: 80$ + 54$ shipping = 134$

Here you could choose whichever you like, cause 4$ difference isnt really whats going to matter in the end.

But if you order a Sig and a simple battery, you will pay the same shipping costs as before at Gunner's (becase shipping rates arent calculated in grams, but rather in kilos or at least 1/2 kilos) but 2x shipping costs for the AEG and for te battery at EB, because Paul doesnt combine shipping costs, and the initial wheight unit is always the most expensive part:

Sig + battery at EB = 163.9$

Sig + battery at Gunner's = 149$

Thats 15$ for just 2 items; and the more stuff you buy the worse itll get.

Fair enough, but I like to give Paul my business because he's done a good job on my last few orders. I'll pay a little extra for the friendly service, and he's got good enough prices on everything else that I'll support their operation by purchasing whatever I can from them. Although in all fairness, I've never ordered anything from Gunner's, so I am not familiar with their level of service.

Eh? Where did you hear that little bit of info?

Its a "work around". You can import as many parts as you wish, so in theory, you could import nough parts to construct a rifle. By getting the rifle dis-assembled and shipped in seperate boxes you are technically shipping in parts and not a complete rifle.

Of course, this only gets you around the selling and import part of the VCRA, if you don't have adequate proof of exemption from the VCRA rules, they could have you on the "manufacture" part of the act...although even that would be hard to prove <_<

Its a "work around". You can import as many parts as you wish, so in theory, you could import nough parts to construct a rifle. By getting the rifle dis-assembled and shipped in seperate boxes you are technically shipping in parts and not a complete rifle.

Of course, this only gets you around the selling and import part of the VCRA, if you don't have adequate proof of exemption from the VCRA rules, they could have you on the "manufacture" part of the act...although even that would be hard to prove <_<

And if you can manufacture, you can buy and import. The problem simply comes when Customs hold the parcel and you have to prove to them you have a legal right to buy / manufacture a RIF.

I assume currently Customs will let through RIF parts without holding them ? I haven't had any problems with internal parts, and currently I'm waiting on an MBK and inner barrel from EB :) I've got in the past outer barrels from ehobby with no problems (post October 2007).

Shipping he gearbox separately in this case isn't going to do anything to help with the VCRA. The act doesn't care whether the RIF actually fires anything so a complete set of externals still counts as an RIF and won't make it through without sufficient evidence. It only helps in places where the restriction is on projectile firing replicas.

No, what I mean is that that isn't true. You can import and many people have done. I understand the concept, but I don't understand why anyone would want to go to that amount of trouble. Surely it'd just be easier to register at a site?

Archived