VFC/GB Tech Mk43/Mod0 Support Thread

[VT]Mofo2000

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for dead time chaps.

Jus moved into a new flat and what not.

I had the beast out today for a kill-session and once again NO problems at all with the feeding system now.

Its back in its original box, dismantled, so I will document and piczorize the custom feeding system for you all to see and copy as you see fit :)

Reporting back in a while, MUST SHOWER!

RIGHT!

Here we go :)

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT!: REMEMBER TO REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE MOTOR. IE: CHOP THE WIRES AND RESOLDER BACKWARDS RED:BLACK, BLACK:RED.

As you can see from the pic, there is a ribbed cone attached to the top of the spinner. This helps funnel the beebs into the loading chamber bit and keeps them moving, as they have jammed up in the past before being fed.

ALSO Inside the winder bit, the little spring which goes around and onto the side of the spinner has been removed completely. Unsure what its for, but works perfect without it!

Next, as the other pic shows. I have two gears epoxied onto the top of the clear plastic spinner, and onto the shaft. I just removed the small cog thingy and spaced out the gear onto of that.

The elastic band is ofcourse removed.

I got lucky, years ago I picked up a cog set from when I worked in maplin and it had just been sitting in my components trays. You should be able to pick somethin up like this easily anyway.

They fit perfectly. The mesh isnt perfect though, but there is zero wear on it and 3/4 contact is more than enough.

Since this now has a 1/1 ratio with the big gear, i think it spins a tad slower, but tbh there isnt any difference with feeding with it previously. It just NEVER slips anymore!

Im sure you could experiment with different gear sizes, large main gear and small wind gear for those HIGH rof setups.

Anyway, there ye go chaps.. as you can see this was in no way structured, but you get the idea with most of what ive said anyway.

Any questions, fire away!

post-23325-1205174645_thumb.jpg

post-23325-1205174750_thumb.jpg

Great stuff, Blood!

just a couple questions. first, why did you reverse the spin of the motor? i thought the original spinning direction channels the bbs directly into the hole that links to the feed tube. by reversing the spin direction, would that make the bb bypass the hole?

also, what's the diameter of the gears? what's the distance between the center of the 2 gears. i'm trying to get a good idea on the size of the gear i could get.

thank your for the great info!

If you think about it.... the band system was pulling the smaller thingy the same direction. The feeding direction.

When you add a gear, it spins the 'smaller' one in the opposite direction. IE Not in the feeding direction.

When you reverse the polarity, it obv reverses it and sorted!.

Gear dia's are an inch, and the shaft dia's are an inch.

Works out jus nicely :)

• 2 weeks later...

YES! my did that too, after i put the new gears in. Right now I smeared some epoxy around the tube and "glued" it to the two halves of the feeding tray. After the epoxy dried up, I shot about half boxmag's worth of BBs the tube hasn't popped out. Nevertheless, I would like to see if someone has a more permanent solution.

Archived