Proper order:

The Phantom Menace

Attack Of The Clones

Clone Wars Volumes I & II

Revenge Of The Sith

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

Return Of The Jedi

The Holiday Special...never speak of it again. It never happened.

i agree, it was the most hideous hour or so of my life.

but i still have it in my collection :)

i agree, it was the most hideous hour or so of my life.

but i still have it in my collection :)

by the holiday special i assume were talking about the Ewok movies? and if we can include the animated clone wars series, shouldnt we include the Ewoks animated series

oh, and dont forget to add troops in

What is the proper way to watch the series?

Personally, I turn on the TV, insert the cassette or DVD into the relevant player and press play...but thats just me... :lol:

Serious now. I personally watched them in order of production when I finally got round to seeing them last year. 4,5,6,1,2,3. Reason being is that 1,2,3 are technically superior, and watching them on timeline chronological order is like watching the King Kong remake, then watching the original. The original is a far, far better film...but it looks hugely dated and tame compared to the S F/X abortion that the remake was.

Plus, Attack Of The Clones was my fave of the series with the set-piece battle scene.

P.S.: There was a timeline-accurate cartoon series? Didnt know that.

i am so glad i have never seen that, and not in the least bit suprised that i havent even heard of it before now, love the reviews quote

"I don't know what else to say except that this scene has completely shattered my soul. All my happy childhood memories of Star Wars? Vaporized. Hope for a better tomorrow? Gone. The eye of the tiger? I just plucked it out and stomped on it in hopes that I'll never see an atrocity like this again for as long as I live."

As many people have mentioned: watch IV, V, VI and then leave it at that.

Watching the first 3 completely ruins the entire point of V and they're a load of balls anyway. If you absolutely must, then watch the pod race from I but other than that theres not much point.

And you're better off with the old VHS version if you can get it (although I hear they brought these out on DVD aswell now) the remastered special edition trilogy is really bad. You can sometimes see green boxes around some of the ships where they've done the remastering. And I don't mean by looking really hard, you'd have to be blind to miss them, it's truly bizarre.

Presumably not a fan of martial arts films then?

The only person that actualy got sliced in two was Maul in Ep 1, but you told us not to watch that bit.

Last time I watched them all it was 4 5 6 2 3. I prefer to think 1 didn't happen.

Watching the first 3 completely ruins the entire point of V and they're a load of balls anyway.  If you absolutely must, then watch the pod race from I but other than that theres not much point.

The whole point of the prequels is to give the backstory of what happens in the 30 odd years leading up to Episodes IV, V and VI...so what you just said makes no sense. You may not like the films themselves, but they do serve a purpose.

You may not like the films themselves, but they do serve a purpose

To insult and alienate fans of the original trilogy?

C3PO was camp enough as it is but seriously Jar Jar!? :blink:

The first 3 worked perfectly well on there own, the latest 3 are just one huge merchandising advert :rolleyes:

I still watch them because as much as I hate them my love for star wars is still strong, hell I even read the books :geek:

On a lighter note I share my birthday with the first release of star wars B) I was 3 :P

From an outsider, the bits that stuck in my memory (as Ive only seen the films once each).

Worst bits of the series:

- Every time Jar-Jar opened his trap.

- "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

- pod racing and the overall annoyingness of Anakin as a boy

- Those little Ewok things and the super tacky hammerdancing they did at the end of eps. 6(?)

- an armoured walker can be utterly destroyed by 2 logs hitting it? Damn, they need some better armour and to not line the inside walls of the AT-ST with gelignite.

So overall, the really stupid bits about the 4,5,6 run all involve Ewoks.

Cool bits:

- Speeder bikes ;)

- Clones and the rather amusing droid army

- Christopher Lee (finest British actor ever)

- Leia in the slave outfit. Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr =^,,^=

- Darth Maul's bo-sabre

everyone slags off the prequals, but why? before their release Darth Vader had no history, we didnt know why he wore the mask, we didnt know how or why he turned to the darkside, and we certainly didnt have a clue as to how he came to have kids or who the mother was. how did the evil emporer get so powerful? how come luke lived with his family but leia did not? what happened to the jedi order?

the prequals answered so many questions, and along with that it allowed us to see the evolution of the ships like the TIE fighters, Star destroyers, and X-wings, the way obiwan started young but became more and more like the old man we knew was well done, we finally got to see yoda fighting like a jedi rather than limping around like a cripple, and people using light saber's like light sabers, not just kinda pointing them at each other, i recently did 1.2.3.4.5.6 in order one after the other, and after the light saber battles in episode 3 vader vs obi wan in episode 4 was just....well, *beep*

its always interesting to see how new versions of old things are treated, like the people who grew up with star trek TOS like my mum and grand parents, cant stand to watch an episode of TNG, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise, but LOVE TOS. they say the new ones arent star trek, yet some people who like the newer star treks, like myself, dont like TOS, i guess its the same for star wars, those who have grown up loving them dont like this new take, they had their own ideas and their own thoughts on what life before a new hope was like, and the prequals shattered that. i myself hadnt really seen starwars, it had been on telly and that, but never really interested me. but the new ones, i love them, and quite frankly if you watch them in chronological order, the last three suck, theres no colour, no speed to the action,

but as its chronological order, thats the way it should be watched

Archived