Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on the last page said that the SOPMOD Block II contains the 553, so I'd say yes, it's OK.

"Speak of the Devil and he will appear..." J/K. I just wanted to share my info with you on the SOPMOD Block 2 M4 and CQBR. All the accesories we are familiar with are from the SOPMOD M4 Block 1: Surefire M951, 961, M900, Insight PEQ-2, 4, 5, etc.

Here are some of the new M4, CQBR and MK18 upgrade accesories from the SOPMOD Block 2 kit.

ACCESORIES:

Tactical light: Military version of the Insight M3X and the M6X.

IR laser designator: Insight PEQ-15

Up-close optic: EOTech 553

Medium range optic: Trijicon TA-31 ECOS ACOG

Supressor: Knights Armament quick-detach (Not AAC SCAR L supressor, exclusively for SCAR-L only)

MK18 & CQBR rail: Daniel Defense MK18 RIS 2, LMT front & rear BUIS, Knights Armament front flip-up and 300M rear flip-up BUIS

SOPMOD M4 rail: Daniel Defense RIS 2, LMT front BUIS, Knights Armament front flip-up and 300M rear flip-up BUIS

Stock: LMT SOPMOD stock

Forehand grip & rail covers: Knights Armament forehand grip and rail covers. (Tango Down are also used a lot)

The MK12 low profile gas block will be used for the SOPMOD Block 2 M4 and the MK 18 Mod 1/CQBR.

*I just wanted to share this info with you for accuracy. I myself am trying to build a MK18 Mod 1 and SOPMOD Block 2 M4.

The pics here are from are from a public, unclassified Crane release, AR15.com, Trijicon and Rainier Arms' STICKMAN.

SOPMODBlock2optics.jpg

SOPMOD2.jpg

AM, as far as a torch, Surefire's M951 or M961/2 would be a good bet as well.

The Surefire M951/962, Scout light are getting phased out. They are still in use but are part of the Block 1 SOPMOD kit. The Block 2 kit has the Insight M3X & M6X for tactical lights. (I think I've said this like 4 times now?) You may have seen these lights on recent FN SCAR-L pics.

I would think they would look tiny on the m4's

i like the M951s better :)

The Surefire M951/961's are way more heavier and more expensive. And the M3X/M6X are brighter than the standard Surefires.

Model/Lumens/Weight/Price

SF M951/65/HEAVY/$344

Insight M3X/1254.3 oz/$168

Edited by Hispeed1
The Surefire M951/962, Scout light are getting phased out. They are still in use but are part of the Block 1 SOPMOD kit. The Block 2 kit has the Insight M3X & M6X for tactical lights. (I think I've said this like 4 times now?) You may have seen these lights on recent FN SCAR-L pics.

If he said he's not going for a current loadout, than he wouldn't need a Insight Torch than would he?