Hicaps vs. Lowcaps

its not hard, spraying and spraying doesnt make an airsofter better....

my m4 is tuned to be able to use it properly, actually aiming for example. I use all realcaps, and have great sucess, because i dont empty my mag in one go, i wait for you lot to reload your box mags and hicaps...hicaps are ok, if its just so you dont need to carry extra gear, but for sake of firepower, get a sodding support gun if you want to play rambo.

bbs down field doesnt win the contest :)

And again we see the instant assumption that skirmishers that use hicaps, spray and pay. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that those that use lowcaps or midcaps are "better"?

Last time I played, bbs down field was somewhat essential to the day.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smoke, in a way you've missed the point, at no point during this discussion has mag capacity alone been the issue, it's a combination of mag capacity and playing style.

As an aside, I was at a game yesterday where I used only semi-auto for the whole day, people were firing 50+ round "bursts" at me and hitting nothing at all, I was hitting them with 3-5 shots (my gun is a bit wierd at the mo, else it would have been 1 or 2) so number of bbs downrange is not the determining factor, but people who think that it is, are the problem.

I always use high caps just for the sake of convenience and I dont want to be put at a disadvantage, where most people i play with use them. Depending on what gun im using the amount of rounds ill actually fire changes drasticly. Shooting semi with my rifle ill mayb go through 2 high caps. If im running and gunning alot with my m4 i might go through 7 highs in a game

And again we see the instant assumption that skirmishers that use hicaps, spray and pay.  :rolleyes:

Are you saying that those that use lowcaps or midcaps are "better"?

Last time I played, bbs down field was somewhat essential to the day.

read what i posted, i said if you use them to just spray, then thier bad, if you use them just in exchange of 10 realcaps, then they arnt bad, *fruitcage*, someone with reals can spray, its just easier for a hicapper....

and yes, shooting is the aim, but i thought the aim was to kill opfor? not empty your mag fastest?

yeah, destroyer, i hear that, i only ever use 3 round bursts for getting through denser foliage, or at a rather quick moving target, or group. semi is easier, saves ammo, and is quieter, nothing to give your position away like a white line to your position :)

i think this topic is a fine example of how the idea of the airsoft rifle as a tool to coplete an objective has gone out the window, some people get into this sport to just shoot lots. or shoot lots of people. well if they find that fun fine, carry on. but i know people still exist who play to have a good time, with likeminded people, get away from thier monitor. and get outdoors., not throw money out of a gun barrel., it saddens me when people loose sight of the objectives or dont care in skirmishes, they toodle off and just shoot. if thats all you want to do, do it in your back yard. now im not saying people here do it, but the impression that you must fight fire with fire, hicap for hicap, is unfair, and frankly wrong, it takes one bb to take someone out, not 10, not 20, not 200. its about time we realised that.

Here Here Belladonna, though in some games (with some opponents) 200 rounds at almost point blank are needed... reminds me of a quote from the living daylights...

[Referring to his machine gun vs Bond's hand gun]

Brad Whitaker: You've had your eight, now I have my eighty

just because you can does not mean you should.... I've gone up against a GIMPY (General Purpose machine Gun - GPMG or GIMPY) with nothing but a 30round lo-cap and got pasted.... did not flank effectively, but I've played where its throw your morals out of the window and copy one person... and to be honest it was boring...

"better airsofter..."

"Hicaps = you think less"

All presumptuous nonsense.

I think constantly during airsoft. What I'm doing, where I'm going, what my team is doing, what the opposition is doing. Yes, I see someone making a 'run for it' - I aim and shoot til I know it has hit the player or they take it. The other week my friend used a drum mag on his M4 and effectively worked as a marksman on single shot.

What is a better airsofter? Team work makes you successful. A good airsofter plays the game by the rules and is a generally a credit to the hobby/past time.

'Better airsofter' is just the pompous "I use lo-caps... I'm a credit to airsoft" ######s-talk.

I go to shoot people and if that means I use 5000k of ammo per game, as long as I go home happy, it's been a good day for me.

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard someones toys hitting the floor and screaming "spray and pray F#!$#%*" and I just sit back and laugh.

These are toys, not bullets and sometimes it does take more than one BB to take someone out.

Now please remove the silver cleaning rod from your arses :)

"better airsofter..."

"Hicaps = you think less"

All presumptuous nonsense.

I think constantly during airsoft.  What I'm doing, where I'm going, what my team is doing, what the opposition is doing.  Yes, I see someone making a 'run for it' - I aim and shoot til I know it has hit the player or they take it.  The other week my friend used a drum mag on his M4 and effectively worked as a marksman on single shot.

What is a better airsofter?  Team work makes you successful.  A good airsofter plays the game by the rules and is a generally a credit to the hobby/past time.

'Better airsofter' is just the pompous "I use lo-caps... I'm a credit to airsoft" ######s-talk.

I go to shoot people and if that means I use 5000k of ammo per game, as long as I go home happy, it's been a good day for me.

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard someones toys hitting the floor and screaming "spray and pray F#!$#%*" and I just sit back and laugh. 

These are toys, not bullets and sometimes it does take more than one BB to take someone out.

Now please remove the silver cleaning rod from your arses :)

Said exactley what I was was trying to, but considerably clearer :D

The idea that people turning up to the same site as you, paying the same green fee as you, and then having to play a certain way - because *you* want them too - seems more indicative of the clique culture in airsoft that just wasn't there 5 years ago.

If it's a milsim event, or a specifically advertised milsim site, then I totally agree with what you're saying - but if not, then who is anyone to tell another skirmisher what to do, or how to do it?

Not trying to flame anyone or anything like that, but it does really come across as "I want to do this, and I'm going to moan until you all play how I want you to".

Yes, I've read the topic, and have contributed my views on your discussion.

The topic was initially asking whether hicappers 'spray and pay' all the time - my point is that they don't. My other point was that NOONE has the right to admonish another skirmisher for how they enjoy airsoft, as long as they are playing within the rules of the game.

But hey, when in doubt of your case, end on an insult eh? <_<

i merely commented on his evident desire to stick things up asses...

lol, a whole different thread indeed :D

I do totally see what you're saying about a 'walk on' with their rented AK, ruining your 20 minute crawl into position with a 600 round burst... but hey, we get to shoot people with toy guns! If it wasn't for those 'walk on's, and their green fees; we wouldn't have half as many sites in the UK as we do.

As long as everyone has a fun and safe time - it's all good.

This may be alittle off topic, but has anyone ever noticed that STAR lo-caps are very tight in CA m15's mag well? Just wondering.

Now to contribute. I own 3 hi-caps(CA) and 10 lo-caps(STAR). I HATE the rattling of bbs after you have shot off some rounds. I would love my lo-caps more if they weren't so tight in my guns. I think i might have to take the sand paper out. :)

Is that the only problem with them In a CA, they're just a little tight? no feeding issues, because I was thinking of going to Lo-cap route with a CA but the star ones aren't listed as working with them, if you did sand them can you let me know how? And are there any better Lo-caps compatible with CA? Cheers, sorry slightly off topic.

the brand new rental player usually makes that mistake a few times, and sometimes gets given a quiet "'ere mate" conversation usually about not drawing fire.

Rental and Walk on players are ususally trying out the game and some pick up on controlled fire from the rest of the attendees... one such person (under 18 and quite naive), has purchased a 7000 round box mag for there Chinese SCAR gaining him a moniker after his 3rd game that day of TAPS, I think his aim is to produce an LSW variant...

I've recently played as a rental player as my M14 is in the shop being repaired, and as I was away from my home turf I just walked up and payed...

Hi Caps and Lo / Real Caps are much more about personal loading and play style that how good a player is.

Example - For a Hi Speed Low Drag setup a Hicap or 3 is good... if you want it, but if your leaning to the "Geardo" / "milsim" end of the spectrum Lo / real caps are good.

I commonly use Real Caps on my MP5SD and actively count rounds in my sidearm, simply because I prefer a more milsim style of play.

EDIT: Poor Grammar and Spellng...

It's a personal thing, I use real caps in my mp5 but also have 4 midcaps stood by as the style of play at my local site does reward suppressive fire. As anyone who's seen the effects that some of the mental 30 round per second guns at the 'Workz will concede, facing that kinda firepower with real-caps in a tight cqb site ain't gonna have a happy ending.

I personally do like using real caps and getting in the mag changes, mind you I'm used to real steel 30 round mags anyway so the skillbase is kinda already there........

I only have one magazine for my gun, and it's a midcap 110 round that came with the gun. (darn you lack of funding, I'm working on more, but... I'm a college student T_T)

I guess because of this I'm partial to Mid caps and low caps, I enjoy the strategy behind it. I'm not saying that using a highcap doesn't involve strategy, it's probably a strategy all it's own.

I like Bella's idea of 3 round bursts through denser areas it makes sense, and some one commented earlier about counting their ammo, which also sounds like an entirely new and fun angle on the game. There's a place for both highcaps and low caps I think, as highcaps exist on real weapons in the real world as well. Sadly the stereotype obviously exists that highcaps just spray and pray, and I don't agree with that either, so I don't want to hear the lip behind stating an opinion ^_^

everyone's got their own set of guidelines and play style; I'm with the mid cap and low cap people, I like the whole element it adds to the game there, and I like the challenge of reloading in a firefight, and trying to stay in the game. I've got a job to do, and I don't care what it takes to get it done, so long as it gets done. I'll go through a thousand rounds, or a hundred, so long as I get to the objective. Targets are secondary. (lest the are the objective)

**also notably, I think Low caps are very hard to work with, as they are plastic BBs after all, midcaps provide good compensation for you're ammunitions obvious shortcomings... after all bullets go through bushes, bbs really don't T_T

Archived