Hicaps vs. Lowcaps

I just use what the situation (or entire game) calls for. If i'm up against newbies that spray in goes the hi-cap and i return fire but if im sneaking into enemy lines then a lo-cap. Mid-caps i don't use as often, mainly for the taking out of large units when the hi-cap would require too much winding.

Now i snipe most of the time so a VSR G-Spec with TM 30 mags does me.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lineman, unless it's an AK-74, they should have plastic mags hehe, but yeah I know what you mean, people claim ultra-realism when they don't do any such thing, I prefer a reasonable level of realism, and am quite content with it, but I just can't stand the whole spray and pray thing, looking back, I didn't really start this thread about hicaps and lowcaps, it was about spray and pray vs anyone with a f**king brain cell.

yes, boxmags/boat loads of hicaps do tend to lead to the "camping" situation where teams do not move at all and just spray at anything, although I've noticed this mostly among the newcomers to the game. Once a player gets more experience, he/she will learn the benefit of effective movement, using cover and working with teammates. Also hicaps are nice b/c as much as I love the new clicky loaders, they're still a pain to use to load a bunch of low/midcap mags, while with hicaps you can just dump ammo into them, granted there's winding, but I think it's a lot easier to do than the constant clicking.

I prefer mid-caps and lo-caps, but strangely I don't own any. I personally hate the rattling (I think it'd be cool if the mags were padded with something to stop the rattling, but that'd be a big task probably).

Once I have more money I plan on buying lots of midcaps, but for now I have to stick with my 2 hi-caps.

This may be alittle off topic, but has anyone ever noticed that STAR lo-caps are very tight in CA m15's mag well? Just wondering.

Now to contribute. I own 3 hi-caps(CA) and 10 lo-caps(STAR). I HATE the rattling of bbs after you have shot off some rounds. I would love my lo-caps more if they weren't so tight in my guns. I think i might have to take the sand paper out. :)

It seems like everyone here hates highcaps. I personally dont mind it the rattling my gear makes more noise than my mag and the mag only rattles when I jump up and down. I only use 1 500 round mag and that does me fine for all games. I dont understand how reloading is tougher than just winding your mag more. I reload under cover so its not like its a rush or anything.

i like using both. it depends on what mood im in but most of the time even when im using hi caps i play in semi auto. i think it helps me in my targeting skills and im saving bbs. i really hate those guys who up their guns with hi speed gears and get box mags so all they do when they play is walk and shoot. theres like 3 teams at the local place i go to that do that. its such a pain to play with them because they think theyre hot stuff but theyre not. it ruins the fun for everyone

i've recently made the switch over to realcaps for my M4, and i use use em religiously at my local site, but i dont have a problem with high-cap users. although it seems that the day of the high-cap is nearing an end...particularly at my local site

I've just realized i cant get any low cap ak74 mags :( Which i needed to fit in some real bakelites (shape of a 47 mag is different to a 74 mag for those who dont know)

Guess i'm going to have to go back to mid caps then

no its not that people hate hicps its that midcaps have finaly become afordable so are becoming in many ways a gucchi must have item.

i use what i feel like, someitmes its mids somtimes its hicaps (i have like 7 hicaps for my mp5, 2 tm low caps and 10 mids and 3 real caps) if its a hot day it will be a dump pouch with 3 hicaps and a shorty hicap in it with a bottle of bbs if its not ill wear tac vest witht he mids or if im out all day with no reloads or a fast moving game ill take them all out

I have always thought that everyone should use real-caps, it makes the game more realistic, you aim your shots, and it drastically increases the value of a support weapon, and somewhat of a sniper.

However, for me, the games is about fun, and if I have 8 30 round magazines, and some other guy has 2 600 round hicaps, I am at a serious disadvantage, and that's not fun.

EDIT: I plan on getting a CA Scar, and once my wallet recovers, I am going to get a box of midcaps because that's all you can get in tan. This may convert me to some degree.

I have always thought that everyone should use real-caps, it makes the game more realistic, you aim your shots

no.

real guns are far more accurate, powerful and have much better range. this makes up for the lack of ammo (30rds or so).

also airsoft guns tend to have a higher rate of fire. (a RS AK does 600rpm. my TM AK does about 900rpm) so if i used real caps i would have to reload alot more than someone with a real ak.

and as a thought. ak mags are massive. mp5 realcaps are much more feasable, they fit almost anywhere :P. so an mp5 user would be able to carry about 6 times more ammo than me

I own 2 Hi Caps for my MP5 but 10 "real" caps (30 round) magazines, now I usually don't have a problem with Hi Cappers unless they fall into 2 distinct groups:

1) Hi-cap-Box-mag-{insertweapon here}-is-a-machine-gun player who will not look towards fair play

and

2) I-cant-play-unless-I-win Hi capper (usually these people will not take hits also)

luckily my regular woodland ground has a wide selection of players, and its usually the under 18's who go the whole box mag MP5 route, one just bought a SCAR-L and a 5000 round drum simply because he can, and he ususally gets pasted by someone with either mids or low's, but if the ethos of the ground is one thing you pick up the vibe and play accordingly.

I love to use low and mid caps (I have a CA Hicap, which isn't mine, it's a friends but I use it occasionaly). I just like the realisim of only having 30 rounds (unless I'm using a 68 rounder) at my disposale and it also teaches trigger disipline. But the funnest thing about them is the adrenalin rush of having to reload on the fly in the heat of combat.

what i think a magazine says about you

lowcap:youre either a person who knows so shoot when they see a direct hit

or just too cheap to buy hi caps

mid cap:you like to seem a bit more professional but still want the occasional hosing of people

hi caps/drumags you dont care just mow them all or you really dont wanna carry any mags

thats what i think

Archived