Loch Ness Monster

dismemberd

Do you believe in it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really believe, but I don't doubt the possibility

Here* is a new video, supposedly the highest quality yet. To me, it just looks like a big black blob, but I can see what they mean. It's probably one of the more convincing things I've seen about it.

Personally, I'm not a fanatic, or really a believer, but I would love to go there myself, and I think there's a high possibilty of something, even if the majority of the "sightings" are probably fake.

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, although I was very suspicious when I didn't find any threads about it.

*The link may not work. It's possible that it's only available to Yahoo users, IDK.

That damn Loch Ness monster still owes me tree fiddy

I don't believe in Nessie, Bigfoot, Chupacabras, etc

This day and age there is simply nowhere to hide from us pesky humans.

Humm... I personally say no to the Lock Ness Monster but, I do say yes to other creature of the deep.

Like Cadborosaurus, or the Lake Champlain Monster.

I've never even heard of Cadborosaurus. Care to elaborate on why you don't believe in Nessie, or do believe in Cadborosaurus/Lake Champlain Monster? I would think if you're going to believe in something, it's gonna be Nessie. Is it because of the failed scientific studies?

That damn Loch Ness monster still owes me tree fiddy

:lol:

I think there's plenty of places to hide, and TBH they really haven't been which is why there are so many supposed sightings(even if some of them are fake). Giant squid can hide pretty well.

I would say if there are animals that can live for hundreds of years, or regenrate limbs, or change colors, or become completely frozen, and live, why can't they just avoid being seen/captured?

EDIT: Yeah, evilliboba has a point. There's hundreds of undocumented, undiscovered species in the Amazon.

I remember years ago when I was quite young going to Loch Ness. Stayed at a bed and breakfast somewhere probably Inverness. I remember we cut off the bacon fat on my breakfast and took it with us to the loch where we tied it onto a small stick with an elastic band and then threw it into the loch to see if we could attract the beast.

There are plenty of species still on this planet, aquatic or land-dwelling, that have yet to be discovered, so I do believe in most cryptozoological beasts, and evolution always makes places for more variations on existing species, so the possibility of more animals being discovered just gets larger as time goes on.

It's just not entirely likely that Nessie is real, environmentally speaking. Unless there's some sort of currently unknown aquatic tunnel system in Loch Ness teeming with life for Nessie to eat and spacious enough for the creature to hide, it's just not truly feasible that a single lake monster has been able to live there for hundreds of years. Especially if it's a family of them.

There are plenty of species still on this planet, aquatic or land-dwelling, that have yet to be discovered, so I do believe in most cryptozoological beasts, and evolution always makes places for more variations on existing species, so the possibility of more animals being discovered just gets larger as time goes on.

It's just not entirely likely that Nessie is real, environmentally speaking.  Unless there's some sort of currently unknown aquatic tunnel system in Loch Ness teeming with life for Nessie to eat and spacious enough for the creature to hide, it's just not truly feasible that a single lake monster has been able to live there for hundreds of years.  Especially if it's a family of them.

Yeah, you've got a really good point.

I don't really believe in Nessie, but I think some of the other legends may e true. The Cadborosaurus seems reasonable.

Also, here's a cool video of a shark, recently spotted off the shore of Japan:

Rare Prehistoric Shark

It's not really like Nessie or antyhing, but still shows that there are some interesting things out there.

Archived