Zombiee type games?

Rhysd2

Hello all

after seeing the other chap in this section whose running a resident evil/zombie type game was wondering if anyone else does them on a one off/regular type basis. Anyone know of a site/team that does as I quite fancy having a go at a few of them

cheers

Rhys

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A site that a friend of mine used to run did a 'zombie-esque' game on a semi-regular basis.

The basics of it were that the players were divided into two teams, a special ops unit (usually 4 players), and those that were already zombies (usually about 10 players). The Spec Ops team had to get from one end of the playing area to the other to pick up an item (kit, a weapon, a 'bomb', etc) and then fall back to their preplanned extraction point. On the way they would encounter the 'zombies' that were allowed to start wherever they wanted. The 'zombies' could still use AEGs or pistols, etc, but could only fire sparingly (slow single shots) from the hip, to represent a total lack of accuracy. And they could only walk. But whenever shot, they would go to the ground for 1 minute and then get back up. Any Spec Ops player who was shot by a 'zombie' would similarly go to the ground and could no longer move until a friendly player in physical contact counted him back in (30 seconds) this could only be done once per player. If someone 'died' a second time then they would go down for 1 minute and then return as a 'zombie'. Each Spec Ops player would have limited ammunition, and would have no idea where the 'zombies might be'.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it was, lol, but it worked really well. We played it at an urban area (a disused market) in the evening, so it was pretty dark, lots of pitch black shadows for 'zombies' to hide in.

• 7 months later...

What about spec ops team vs zombies.

Spec ops, first hit and second hit run back to medic, count in 10 seconds (yeah fast). On the third hit, player stands in place and counts to 20 and is then a zombie.

Zombies, any hit means you now cannot fire your weapon so have to go in for a tag kill, spec ops can only kill the tag killing zombies by a headshot! :) No respawns for zombies.

hangon... zombies are armed? dont be an idiot :P

sya did a resident eveil game, second one run.... big sucess... even if Umbrella and Stars did forget thier objectives and spent time giggling and shooting the poor zombies :P

R

Zombies are armed with teeth, come close enough and we'll bite!

Bella, you forgot blinding us poor zombies with really powerful taclights. We zombies had fun though. Playing American Football with glowsticks and generally chasing down Stars and Umbrella and hearing them scream :P

Zombies are armed with teeth, come close enough and we'll bite!

Bella, you forgot blinding us poor zombies with really powerful taclights. We zombies had fun though. Playing American Football with glowsticks and generally chasing down Stars and Umbrella and hearing them scream :P

Hahah! Yes! What a night. Only downer for me was some gimp shooting me in the nads twice when I was down on the floor waiting for them all to clear off. <_<

i didnt blind you!

and i only got eaten once :( when SURROUNDED by teammembers sucking thier thumbs ><

R

I think that was me after the zombies teamed up with Stars to take on Umbrella. You wanted to head back to the safe zone i think.

Hahah! Yes! What a night. Only downer for me was some gimp shooting me in the nads twice when I was down on the floor waiting for them all to clear off. <_<

The only thing I found annoying was everyone standing around whilst we was 'dead' on the floor and they was chatting. I learnt a few things for next year.

That game was so much fun, UBCS won but the Zombies were the real hero's. Nothing like being chased by a mob yelling 'Brains' and/or 'Shiny Thing!'

I loved it, it was one of the best games I've played. Did you hear us wandering around singing songs?

trouble with airsoft zombies is that unless u have hundreds of players playing as zombies, and a very restricted ammo count for the very small specops, there is very little chance of the zombies getting close enough to "bite" anyone.

to compensate for small amounts of zombies they should all be allowed to sprint as fast as they like, should all be given full face masks and helmets so that only head shots can count as a kill for them. they should also only have a short respawn time, maybe 20 seconds, or they should have to walk back 10 paces. all they have to do is tag a player and they are a zombie (mybe they wait 30 seconds until turning, but they only need to be touched and they start). this should simulate the overwhelming hoards of zombies.

alternativly, they could use very short range, inaccurate weapons. springers could work. any specops hit has 30 seconds before turning. i think coupling the 2, guns and hoards, would create a very good effect.

trouble with airsoft zombies is that unless u have hundreds of players playing as zombies, and a very restricted ammo count for the very small specops, there is very little chance of the zombies getting close enough to "bite" anyone.

to compensate for small amounts of zombies they should all be allowed to sprint as fast as they like, should all be given full face masks and helmets so that only head shots can count as a kill for them. they should also only have a short respawn time, maybe 20 seconds, or they should have to walk back 10 paces. all they have to do is tag a player and they are a zombie (mybe they wait 30 seconds until turning, but they only need to be touched and they start). this should simulate the overwhelming hoards of zombies.

alternativly, they could use very short range, inaccurate weapons. springers could work. any specops hit has 30 seconds before turning. i think coupling the 2, guns and hoards, would create a very good effect.

With the South Yorkshire game there was about 30 zombies against 120 shooters. We wasn't there as a team, we as zombies were there to add atmosphere. The problem with using full face masks and helmets was a lot of us put lots of effort in to looking as good as possible.

Oh and we got close enough for biting. I got plenty of 'kills' that night.

Weapon wise it was a pistol and shotgun only game and because it was dark the zombie had the advantage of being able to sneak up on people. To kill the zombies you had to shoot them twice in the chest and they'd drop to the floor dead until the teams had moved on.

You'll be suprised how many people brick thier pants and miss completely when faced with a zombie coming at them. In the SYA game, zombies had to take two to the chest to kill them and they would drop to the ground and wait until the teams had buggered off before rising again. As for full face, I wore a latex mask that was more than adequate to protect my face from any huty ones with mesh goggles underneith.

PB240542.jpg

The UCAp game I played at Halloween 2007 was not the best! The thing that let it down (apart from the "rules") was the fact that the zombies weren't taking their hits.....

The UCAP game was based on 28 Weeks later, and basically there were three groups, USMC, Survivors and Infected. USMC had AEGs, Survivors were allowed pistols or shotguns, but with limited ammo (not even a full mag) and of course the remaining "team" were infected. We were asked to not shoot the Infected in the head, but we had to hit them in the heart in order to stop them.....right, so there I am firing point blank at the "infected", with a Desert Eagle Hard kick, in the chest and the guys just kept on walking....fine so I try some head shots to "wake" them up....still nothing....

After about 1/2 and hour of that I gave up....crrrraaappppp.....I'd never do that again.

I think zombies games, unless played in small groups with some hardcore discipline can really suck, at least in my experience......now Aliens, yeah, that would be cool! :)

I agree, it had it faults as discussed on the ASCUK forums, but we gave it a go.

One thing i would say is its shocking how some players forget the zombies are actual players, they were emptying mags into them while they lay dead on the floor.

The zombies weren't really a team, they were there to mix it up, the teams were the US ARMY and Civilians. Civilians had to find and keep hold of 8 syringes, he US ARMY had to find them and destroy them.

We are running an Aliens game soon, Fallen Angel, limited numbers, booking required. With 5 months of planning, we intend for it to be as good as the rated Tora Bora 2 game we did last year. 3 Teams and some nasty lifeforms dotted about to keep you on your toes.

Andy

One thing i would say is its shocking how some players forget the zombies are actual players, they were emptying mags into them while they lay dead on the floor.

As a zombie at a different event, I experienced this also. Some seem to think it is funny to shoot someone who can't shoot back when there is no need and we also had people forget thier objectives and just hunt zombies because they found it funny which spoiled the game for some.

As a zombie at a different event, I experienced this also. Some seem to think it is funny to shoot someone who can't shoot back when there is no need and we also had people forget thier objectives and just hunt zombies because they found it funny which spoiled the game for some.

That's why after a while I started running at people instead of the slow shuffle we started off with.

Archived