YOUR NEIGHBOURS & Airsoft ?

malcr001

me and my family have shares in a Devonshire estate which means we get weeks a year when we own the place and usually me and me friends go and play for that week, now there is not really any neighbours in the area but there is an old people's home in the vicinity so we naturally made them aware of the fact that we would be playing airsoft on our land so they would know why lots of people in DPM would be running around.

and it turned out to be an old peoples home for war veterans! and when we explained to them what we would be doing they we're very interested and told us a few war stories and actually gave us a few pointers in fieldcraft!

in the end they asked if we would actually play on our land near their home so they could see us from their windows (we of course set boundaries within our own land so no danger would exist to the home or its residents)

and once our game was over we deposited our gear and guns and they gave us a few ideas and advice on the tactics we pulled :)

tata

Quil

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My neihbours are alright with my airsoft kit, as long as your reasonable, and explain whats happening ive found that most people are happy with what you are doing, the problems often occur if you dont explain something and the next door neihbour see's you in the background with a RIF (Especially as in the UK you dont have to have the orange plastic bit on the end of the rifle), they tend to put 2+2 together and get 5.

yeah, when it comes to the UK i would suggest you let everyone in the vicinity know what your doing because when it comes to RIF's in this country people are very paranoid becuase of the news broadcasts about the london shootings and so on.

Quil

My neighbours are cool, they all know what I do apart from the new chav family 3 doors down, they just see the gun bags and kit bags going into the car, and stay away from me which suits me fine. I shoot my air rifle in the back garden, as I have a safe backstop but I dont ever take my airsoft guns into the garden. If I'm taking one down to the shed to spray it, I keep it covered.

Haha just the other day a mate of mine came round and he was like "woah you have a grenade launcher... can I fire it?" so I said "ok, just let me take a ###### first". Without me knowing he fills the grenade up with 192BB's and fills the grenade till bursting with gas, takes the gun in the garden (im still in the bog at this point) and BOOM! I open the batroom window only to find he just fired a mere 200 BB sky high which at that point I was like... "f##k...". I hear them come down all over my street and this man comes out (the house in front of me out the backyard) and said he was gona call the police! My neighbours haven't really looked at me the same way since, (the police never came round btw, THANK F##KING GOD!

Cheers

Kieran

Aw. My neighbors. One to the left of my house is a cop and the one to the right is never home. Neither of them seem to care to much. Try not to shoot into their yard. Luckily have a a nice large patch of railroad land but the police don't like that. Some little kids were playing back there and got caught they only had little springers too. They immediately called their moms didn't cut them any slack but all the neighbors don't care.

My neighbour related story:

One evening last summer, as I was walking from my car to my building, I noticed that the chap ten steps ahead from me was carrying a molle daypack and a conspicuously long cardboard box. Then he proceeded to enter MY building, so when I caught him up at the elevator (the box was for a TM Thompson) I told him "I see you come from a skirmish, don't you?". He game an startled look and answer yes, he had just been playing at a WWII reenactment game, so I told him "would you believe I'm carrying an MP5 in my bag?" (which was true).

So one day I am at a new city without anywhere to skirmish, and the next I join a reenactment club...

In addition, a few days ago the owner of the pub next door picked us talking about airsoft and told us he was a player too... I'm starting to think that everybody plays airsoft! :P

I dont have neighbors, but i live in a state in the U.S. that still mostly honors the second amendment, unlike california...so personally i honestly dont care what the neighbors would think about it, since reagrdless of whether it is a real firearm or not i would be allowed to have it in my home, and in my yard as well.

as long as i use my property on my property(yeah its funny to read) it doesnt matter. THe police will come, realize it isnt an issue, and in all liklihood mark it down so that call wont tie up police time the next occurence.

Altho i would try to get my neighbors to join the sport as well, but if some of them didnt like it i would in no way stop, i would simply say your entitled to your opnion, however it has no standing to dictate my life.

Also to the started of the thread if you get a sticky target or shoot into a carboard box the bbs wont bounce. Just a suggestion.

Also alot fo these stores remind me of the new harold and Kumar movie, they happen becuase an old woman sees someone of indian decent and assumes he a terrosit b/c thats what shes been conditioned to think by the media etc. Somone sees an M4 they think your some nutter....b/c th enews tells u these are dangerous,

btw this is irregardless of whether or not the m4 is real or not, smae concept woith an ak or anything else.

as long as i use my property on my property(yeah its funny to read) it doesnt matter. THe police will come, realize it isnt an issue, and in all liklihood mark it down so that call wont tie up police time the next occurence.

Firstly, this will never happen.

Secondly, your spelling and diction is terrible.

my neighbors play with me. how awesome is that?

:blink: Do you realise what you just typed?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

anyways, My neighbours are like 70 meters away from my house.

The can't notice anything either because of the trees.

:blink: Do you realise what you just typed?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

anyways, My neighbours are like 70 meters away from my house.

The can't notice anything either because of the trees.

you sick freak. micheal jackson never did anything like that! i am offended! :P

haha, naw, both of my neighbor's kids got into airsoft when they saw me play.

Archived