Monster ROF on an AKS74U

Crimson

I have never moded a version 3 gearbox, my question is how can i mod an V3 Gearbox to gain a insane rof.

I have a insane ROF on my patriot because it has a prowin installed, with systema gears and a turbo motor.

I have never used a Mosfet either, would it work on a V3

Since i have the AKS74U is there any gearbox shells that dont work ?

So far i was thinking of buying this:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-GB-02_srch_7mm

Any advice would be great !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why he suggested it.

Unless you wanted something with a great ROF, running at 400fps......................

Cyma V3's are pretty good mate.

I had a wee look at my one, that came in my cyma ak74.

Only things I would replace for high speed, is spring guide and tappet plate and metal bushings.

They don't look particularly strong.

Great gears, not bad shim job, enough grease, good compression, motor ain't bad and the shell is fairly well cast and looks up to power / speed upgrades.

(v3's naturally are stronger than v2's due to design)

EDIT:

Having had many ak's, i've been working on v3's for over a year.

There better than v2's!

What bearing does it have 6mm or 7mm if its 7mm then ile keep it as the larger the bearing the higher the speed :)

Also what is the motor long shot or medium ?

Hopefully i want this to reach around 35 to 40bbs a sec as my patriot runs at 42bbs a sec

Don't - and I mean *DON'T* Use 6mm bearings in this.they work fine at Stock TM power levels and stock ROF levels. Push them much further than that and they'll disintegrate pretty sharpish.

Don't - and I mean *DON'T* Use 6mm bearings in this.they work fine at Stock TM power levels and stock ROF levels. Push them much further than that and they'll disintegrate pretty sharpish.

Its not TM its CYMA, to be honest i never had a TM from my first AEG to my last i custom build them. I am used to having a ROF of 43bbs a second, i tried my mates tm and it was so bad i couldnt play seriously when you go fast you cant go back.

because the turbo can't handle anything abouv an M100, ad its not a whole lot slower then the magnum, therfore, more versatality for not much loss

I play at in the uk remember our limit is 328fps so a m100 is fine, i have used a turbo in all my AEGs

Get a KA 8mm GB.

Link please where can i get one i was unaware there was a 8mm version 3 gearbox

Edit*

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1030

Can the above gearbox fit in an ak it says G36 ? Its a version 3 so are they not the same ?

Its not TM its CYMA, to be honest i never had a TM from my first AEG to my last i custom build them. I am used to having a ROF of 43bbs a second, i tried my mates tm and it was so bad i couldnt play seriously when you go fast you cant go back.

*ahem*

If you use 6mm bearing at anything ABOVE stock power levels (IE, 280 odd FPS) then they'll disintegrate rather rapidly.

I didn't say you should use a TM, or anything like that... jsut that 6mm bushings are a seriously bad idea.

Also, Big Dragon (I belive) makes an 8mm V3 box. RSOV have it.

because the turbo can't handle anything abouv an M100, ad its not a whole lot slower then the magnum, therfore, more versatality for not much loss

So why do systema recommend turbo upto 130 & magnum above that??

Go with the turbo. Hs gears 7 or 8mm bearings will help. Swiss cheese the piston. Weak spring, big battery.

If you really want insane try a standard marui spring (280fps) with a 12v 4300mah. Probably lucky if the piston lasts longer than one mag, but I promise rof over 2000/min.

Greg.

if it was me i'd wait for reviews of the new guarder motor - the 'high speed revolution' , reportedly revoles 12,000 rpm faster than a marui EG1000.

to be honest, these motors are a lot less than i was expecting them to be (from airsoft global, at least) although the systema magnums are quite expensive...

the guarders so cheap (compared to the systema) that its probably worth a try anyway.

link

If you really want insane try a standard marui spring (280fps) with a 12v 4300mah.  Probably lucky if the piston lasts longer than one mag, but I promise rof over 2000/min.

Greg.

Definately DO NOT use a stock marui spring!! It's just too weak to be able to return the piston to the forward position when running 30rps or above. I know because i've done it :(

Your best bet for extreme rof is to fit as hard a spring as you can below 328 and if it still strips your piston then look to short stroke. If you feed the turbo enough juice it'll run any UK compatible spring at any rof you want. It'll pull a 1 joule so quick you wouldn't notice the difference between it and a TM stock spring.

systema 7mm mechboks

prhoemethus ordinary gear (short stroke 5 teeht)

guarder sp130 (=100 M/s)

systema NBU

1,5mm wires.

prhoemethus hard piston

Classic army super high speed motor.

all this installd right=

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fleightspeed

dont mind the langich its dannish :D

hope you like it.

(why dont the spell check work on my computter)

Marshall was talking about 6mm BEARINGS. Due to the actual bearings being so tiny, they're delicate, like a flower *ponces*

THANK YOU!

There is nothing wrong with 6mm BUSHINGS. If there was the whole airsoft world would be falling apart.

There is, however, a problem with 6mm BEARINGS.

It's a rather simple difference..... :huh:

Archived