Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chronoed today

1st Shot: 353 FPS

2nd Shot: 352 FPS

3rd Shot: 350 FPS

4th Shot: 350 FPS

5th Shot: 350 FPS

From then on it was hitting 350 FPS consistantly :).

Still a bit too hot, will hopefully clip the spring to get around 315-320.

Tested ROF on a 9.6 1300 Mah Intellect battery, it had a ROF similar to a Stock TM AEG on a 8.4 battery which iirc is around 8-900 RPM (if anyone could confirm or correct me that would be great).

Didn't really get a chance to play with the hop, if any other owners could share there experience that'd be great :).

Edited by tangman

well i got mine last week from keith and was very impressed with the body work as it solid and heavy as a rock! The stock is also rock solid. Test fired at 30m and not very happy i will know for sure on sunday but the hop just doesnt work at all all my shots are going at least 2m higher than where i am aiming no matter where i am like its set on full constantly!

Considering this is my 1st gun from keith, very disapointed.

well i got mine last week from keith and was very impressed with the body work as it solid and heavy as a rock! The stock is also rock solid. Test fired at 30m and not very happy i will know for sure on sunday but the hop just doesnt work at all all my shots are going at least 2m higher than where i am aiming no matter where i am like its set on full constantly!

Considering this is my 1st gun from keith, very disapointed.

It's a clone mate.

You want reliability out the box? buy a TM.

It's a clone mate.

You want reliability out the box? buy a TM.

I mean overall im happy my armourer will probly charge around £30 to fit and test a tm hop which is still a good deal with a build quality this good. The fact still remains i dont care if you are a f*cking flea circus merchant or a big retailer i still expect you to test a gun before you send it.

My AKSU also has the same problem, even at 15 metres or so I find the bb's curling up! I'd like to adjust the hop up somewhere with a 25+ metre range to see if its my problem or the AKSU's problem.

It's nothing to do with the retailer, just how the manufacturer makes it.

Edited by tangman

If you have the hopup all the way off (if it's like the TM hopup that will mean all the way to the right) then try moving it to the left like 1 millimeter. Sometimes on AK hopups if they're as far off as they can go it will actually somehow put quite a bit of backspin on the BB, and if you make it so it's only like 99% off instead of 100% off, it will bring it down to where it should be.

Of course its the retailers responsability. Im sorry but are you stupid? If the ford dealership sold you a fault car would you think to yourself oh well there just a 3rd party its reall Mr Fords fault :blink:

And using Extreme 0.25's. I will give it a more comprehensive test tomorrow. I am still very happy with it as the hop unit can be replaced :)

Not stupid, I just dont expect an ACM gun to be perfect out of the box. In fact I dont expect any airsoft gun regardless of brand to be perfect out of the box, there will always be something to complain about.

CPT,

I'm using Marui .20's :)

Skyler,

Will do, like I said this is my first AK so this is all pretty new to me.

When you describe the hop as "all the way to the right" do you mean the screw is all the way along the right handside?

Or do you mean the bar is all the way to the right handside (so that the screw will be on the left).

If you have the hopup all the way off (if it's like the TM hopup that will mean all the way to the right) then try moving it to the left like 1 millimeter. Sometimes on AK hopups if they're as far off as they can go it will actually somehow put quite a bit of backspin on the BB, and if you make it so it's only like 99% off instead of 100% off, it will bring it down to where it should be.

@ 1st shooter & tangman: an owner of the new cyma Krink hereabouts sez the bucking lip is a little too thick. this could be the real source of the problem and not the adjustment lever.

:assassin:

Edited by zentaurus
@ 1st shooter & tangman: an owner of the new cyma Krink hereabouts sez the bucking lip is a little too thick. this could be the real source of the problem and not the adjustment lever.

:assassin:

Aha! I bought a new bucking when I was in HK in case of something like this, once I get this downgraded I'll get that installed!

tangman>>

With the expected FPS that the CYMA has, 0,20g is much to light. You need to use at least 0,23(for a little more AKish accuarcy) Or 0,25g.

Once again thanks for your input :), I think I'll use .25's in this till I get it downgraded :)