dboys aksu second try

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine came in the post but moments ago...

I echo all of the sentiments already expressed here, the gun is fantastic, well worth the price of admission. I have to say it seems as if a few things have been changed on my version (the seller mentioned it was the "new" version...just not sure how new). The upper handguard is rock solid, and the wood colour is a nice deep red. Honestly I don't believe that Kalash would have acted so quickly to change these things so perhaps I'm just viewing it through rose -tinted specs. Either way it's a nice gun.

Cheers Snorkelman for helping me make the right choice ;)

EDIT: Can't tell from the photos, does everyone else have a black gearbox?

Edited by Boar

Good to hear you got it boar :)

the black painted gearboxes came later first ones had them in the raw :D Black might have been something they always intended but just got first batch assembled quickly and onto market to coincide with the cyma release. Handguards on the original batch were more of a tan colour than deep red so by sounds of it theres been changes there too (just wondering if they'll get round to changing the mag latch at some stage so always definately worth trying other mags before performing the file down in case its no longer needed)

UPDATE: If you use a MC51 length TB [forgot the auctual length ordered form rsov] then it is a real PITA to fit it. I had to put the barrel in first, then put in the hop up, then put to together, So if you want stay as small as you can unless you have the patience. lol Gunna shoot it really quick and i'll update on performance.

ahh, I had problems with customs before

so i ended up ordering my Dboy AKS74U from airsplat. :( sad part is I assumed it was wooden foregrip version, but I have been hearing it is plastic. boo hoo. hopefully it is still considered a newer verison, though.

Yeah me too! Anybody know the cheapest place to find replacement wood foregrip??? gunners has them for $40 plus shipping ... ouch!

Also, whats the biggest battery that will fit in it? Are we stuck using mini's?

Yeah me too! Anybody know the cheapest place to find replacement wood foregrip??? gunners has them for $40 plus shipping ... ouch!

Also, whats the biggest battery that will fit in it? Are we stuck using mini's?

:( i've been checking tons of places,

people who can buy directly from VFC (Still 50+),

I've checked DragonRed ($50 dollar shipped)

Gunner-airsoft ($38+$17)

WGC/Uncompany/etc. ($50 w/o shipping included)

I still found NOTHING in sale part of forums/ ebay/ many retailers

So pretty much the cheapest I found was from DragonRed Airsoft Outlet for $50 (gotta email them)

frankly, I don't want to pay about what I paid for about 1/3 of the gun or more.

------

for batteries, 10.8v probably can fit at most

Edited by greatwatermelon

001stick.jpg

9.6v 2000mAh GP cells in a custom pack from cheapbatterypacks (thats one I used to use on my VFC but you shouldnt hit any issues fitting same pack on the dboys)

as far as wood handguards go I wouldnt pay 50 dollars for a dboys set stick with the plastic ones and just keep an eye out for anyone thats changing the dboys wood ones over to real AKSU ones - I doubt they'd be asking 50 bucks for the ones they're removing

Hi!

I'm sory if this has been answerd before but i read that the internals of Kalash are not TM compatible. Is this true or can it take all the normal upgrade parts and FTKs? I wanted to order one of these babies today but if what i read is true i don't know...

Cheers! Zune

At worst you'll hit the same issue as VFC gearboxes which is an inability to fit a guarder style cylinder head. The VFC was additionally reinforced at the front of the mechbox casting which made the space available for the guarder style head with the protruding chunk at front of it (that fitted into front of the mechbox) impossible to fit without filing down that area.

Pistons piston heads gears and cylinder are all interchangeable with stock V3 parts (7mm metal bearing bushings were a better fit on mine than they were on early VFC boxes where the 7mm bushing holes were a little undersized)

OK thanks for the quick answer. I'm planning on downgrading it to like 290 FPS and i don't think anything will brake but if it does i want to be abble to replace the broken part.

Cheers! Zune

P.S. Back to my AK days! Yeeey

Someone else with both then :) Tried swapping the handguards over yet to see if they fit?

haha, I actually did swap them over last night. they fit even better than on their own gun.

Unicorn wooden handguards can be swapped onto Dboy aks74u. Vice Versa

BUT, i changed um back tho before i could take a picture because the unicorn handguard's varnish color did not look good with the dboy mag's color.

Anyways, i need to revarnish those wood grips

Nice review.

Got my AKSU last week. Started on downgrading it, also installing some other internal parts like metal bearing buschings, Spring guide with bearing, 100MS spring from Prometheus and new shims, Precision Barrel and a new hop up bucking.

So far this replica is very good, i love it.

Cheers,

Bandit :P

Hey guys,

Anyone know what kind screws are in the gearbox?

They strip quite easy so I want to replace all of em! Also I took pictures of each part and will have my friend send all of em to me so I cant host em on my photobucket and post them up!

Also, when I took the gun apart, I found the pinion gear on the motor was totally loose and was sliding everywhere! :o

I think I also either lost or left my trigger at my friends house... bah

Does anyone know where you can get an extra trigger (along with the spring and the back piece that goes on the trigger that can pivot in the gearbox)?

I dropped a lower FPS spring in it, rewired with high quality wiring, as well as a Systema Turbo motor. I am running a 9.6v Intellect Battery as well, needless to say the ROF is really nice ^_^

Ill try to get pics up either today or tomorrow!

Along with the pics, I will give a brief examination of how the parts are build quality wise!

-Blink

in all honesty couldnt tell you I trimmed assembled tried and then went back and trimmed again till I reached the level of output I was after on the chrono, I just grabbed a spring that Id pulled out a cyma box a while ago - it was hitting 360 in there but of unknown origin.

Was cranking out 413 when I first dropped it into the dboys alog with a cutdown promy tghtbore, optimax piston head and an old ported guarder cylinder (that was soo tight I had to press the dboys cylinder head onto it with a vice) That spring is now cut to the point it barely needs compressed to fit piston and spring guide assembly into the box :)