dboys aksu second try

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just got mine today... so damn sexy... we had a box weighing 55 pounds... 3 D-Boys AKS-74U's, 1 CYMA AK47, 1 JG Bar-10, ###### load of different mags, and upgrade parts...

Only thing that was frightening was that RSOV did not paint orange tips on ANY of the guns. I had specifically asked this and they didn't! Our group was so lucky that Customs didn't seize these...

Oh well!

Here is a quick crappy pic, ill get some more tomorrow!

DSC_0772.jpg

So far I am VERY impressed with the gun's performance, shoots far better than my friend's VFC (you can even ask him, his SN on here is dookieboy). We compared them... and he bought a D-Boys as well!

lol

-Blink

first of all thank you snorkelman for great review - you saved me lot of money, I bought a clone instead of vfc :P

however I have never had any AK and now I am having problem to take remove selector lever. I am sure it is simple, but I just can't figure it - not even from your picture. any hint please?

Edited by oshaberi

unscrew the bolt that holds it (its just the circular part at rear of the selector lever) wrap some tape around each jaw of a pair of pliers to avoid them scratching the paint - a quarter turn anti-clockwise will be enough to loosen it and then just unscrew it the rest of the way by hand Once the bolt is out it'll just pull straight off and away from the receiver

unscrew the bolt that holds it (its just the circular part at rear of the selector lever) wrap some tape around each jaw of a pair of pliers to avoid them scratching the paint - a quarter turn anti-clockwise will be enough to loosen it and then just unscrew it the rest of the way by hand Once the bolt is out it'll just pull straight off and away from the receiver

thanks, will do that when I am back home...that was hell of a fast response. thanks again :)

Has anyone tried fitting a Kobra sight on it?because on the vfc one you need a spacer

Is the spring guide metal or plastic?

great review!

you don't need a spacer for the Kalash in fact i don't think i used one for my VFC either. This is a Kobra RIS with the belarus low side mount. The high mount fits as well.

kalash7.jpg

kalash6.jpg

kalash4.jpg

Very nice pictures man!

I just got mine last week (Thanks to Blink and RSOV) and aside from the hop up bucking and the stock(In transit of folding), its awesome!

Few questions though...

Is the sling any good? It looks alright to me but I don't want it to fail while running. Seems durable but doesn't hurt to ask!

Also, is there an replica side rail mount that would work with this AK? I can't justify buying a Cobra or any expensive real steel parts. Should be cheap but reliable.

Someone should make a Cobra replica for cheap... I would get it for sure.

Very nice pictures man!

Few questions though...

Is the sling any good? It looks alright to me but I don't want it to fail while running. Seems durable but doesn't hurt to ask!

The sling is too wide to fit through the rear swivel :rolleyes: So I ended up using it on my CYMA AK74 instead. Plus the shiny-chrome buckles and hardware is off-putting.

Ya the sling is jacked up on mine as well... however, the sling did go through the rear swivel on mine... but the little metal clip bent... I am going to buy a Real sling at the upcoming gun show for mine!

So far, I have found the AKS-74U as a great gun!

Once I get the time (next week) I will open it up, rewire and deans it, put a Systema Turbo Motor on, downgrade the spring, and replace the stock bucking with the TM hop-up bucking.

Other than that, its great! I have a 6.04 tightbore waiting for it... not sure if I should install it!

Ill get pics of the internals next week!

-Blink

dropped a 280 FPS spring into mine, 7mm bearing bushings, an optimax bearing piston head and a recylced promethius 6.04 (not sure what it was from originally I just parted it off on the lathe and recrowned it) between the tightbore and the bearing head its kicking out 318/319 FPS and ROF acheivable from the supplied 8.4v battery and stock motor is much improved.

Hm.... I used the sling and it works fine I guess. Probably keep it till I find something better.

I still need to find that mount.

Oh yeah, how can I make the mag catch shorter? I much prefer micaps than hicaps.

Oh yeah, my finish is crappier than everyone elses... sad face. Oh well.

:D

Glad to help, but Snorkleman is the star of this show-

But I'm glad my little contribution to the worldwide Airsoft knowledge base was helpful for ya!

....hmmm does sound kinda impressive when you say it that way :P

Slainte!

Snorkelman,

I was trying to get my AK selector off but it just won't budge... I tried the pliers and it moved a little but still not enough and I am scared I will have to drill a slit in the screw to take it off... All this for a TB :(

woah, wait, did u unscrew the screw from the selector plate thing?

www.mechbox.com might have a video to help u desemble an AK