Seeking cure for the VSR "right hook"

sc0rp10n

Nonsense. If you actually bothered to read my previous post, you would know that I've been using a firefly SOFT hopup (yes, soft, not hard or spicy) in my 2J vsr (thats around 450fps) with .3g and heavier. I get enough hop on 12 clicks with .3 and 14 with .36 washed. My rubber is still perfect, and gives BETTER accuracy than my previous nineball rubber.

I'm sure other snipers on this forum will agree with me.

Really? how inconsiderate you are to jump on say nonesense. You get the results so everyone else should right? Wrong. Everyone's gun is in different condition and state. Everyone results varies from slight to vast. This is even more or so evident when it comes to airsoft, and especialy when it comes to hopup.

I'm speaking from my own exprience. This issue I had is not only mine either but also from few others. The problem became worse especialy, where the rifle was equipped with gas bolt.

My point was nineball hopup was still valid option and still is, even more or so better than Firefly in some cases. Some people get better results than Firefly hopup and is not absolute god send hopup rubber.

I wasn't even quoting you anyway. I was quoting him because he was making Firefly hopup a best than everything else, which obviously isn't.

And what makes you think I didn't read your post? You are of course free to disagree to my words, but when you do, don't point your finger at me and say "nonsense". Mind your manners so we can discuss like grown men.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you had said that you got the results yourself and a few others I would have accepted the information in your post, but as it was, the way you worded your post was such that I could not know this. I am sorry for jumping to the conclusion that you were an inexperienced airsofter merely regurgitating what he'd heard on some shady website.

However, I am not the only one who has gotten great results with the firefly rubber, and definitely not the only one who prefers it to the nineball, so it seems that either firefly has QC problems, or nineball does.

Just out of curiosity, how many shots have you put through your rifle? I've heard from some people that the firefly needs some breaking in before working at its full potential.

Fal, you are right, there is a degree of 'horses for course' & I'm sure that in your case the lalax hop is fine.

So, try all & see what works for you.

In my case, yes, I do use the fire fly (hard type), in both of my vsr's. I've also been involved in the upgrading of quite a few others (based on my own success) & these too are 'on the fly'. By all accounts, both my vsr's, achieving 8" groups at 70m(@500fps with .2g & using .29sgm's & Guarder hpm .28's), are pretty good. I prefer the flight path produced by the fly, to either standard hops & lalax.

When lalax first bought out their hop, I gave it a go & found that the lug that acted on the bb's appeared to be too small & you couldn't apply any backspin unless the hop was adjusted to max. Thinking this was a one off, miss shapen hop, I bought another. & then another. All the same. I'm sure I could have over come this problem by addapting the finger that acts on the hop rubber, but chose not to. I didn't like this effect, preferring to have the flexibility to 'over hop' if required, so went back to standard hops.

I even tried the lalax in a socom & hi-capa, thinking the 'problem' was vsr specific. No, same effect in them too. I've read on these very forums, that others have shared this experience.

When I was made aware of the fire fly hop, I gave that a go & was very impressed. Couldn't fault it, ordered another one (for the other vsr) & found the same. I now install it as standard on all the vsrs I 'do', & when I get a chance will be trying the soft version in my socom. I will try others as & when they become available, but for the time being, the fly seems best.

So, like you, I have my own personal experience & therefore, if asked, I have to offer my opinion based on this. You are the first (I'm sure not the last) that I'm aware of, who has experienced the reverse, but fair play, what ever works for you. :D Could be that the lalax works well in combination with your 'prefered' .33siis ammo, of which I have no experience.

You state a lot about the 'hardness' of various rubbers. Exactly how are you measuring this?

& the last time I looked, sgms claimed they were .29. ;)

Greg.

Quick update!! She's not for sale, she's fixed! I've no idea what I did different this time, nor how it happened but I just put 10 consecutive shots into my 6in target at my range's 275ft marker. I'm hoping this will last, or I'll be in the market for a SL-9SD real soon.

My new setup is the following

Custom cut 499mm PSS10 6.03mm

Deepfire barrel spacer set

Firefly spicy hard packing

TM hop arm

TM hop assembly

.43g BBs

So very pleased that it's come together for ya. Shame we couldn't identify the problem. Lets hope it stays fixed.

Greg.

fal,

I've the hard Firefly hopup for a long time.

My VSR is running over 550fps.

I put thousands of rounds through the rifle.

I never use BBs lighter than .29.

Range, consistancy, accuracy is exceptional (see BB comparison thread).

Accuracy is AMAZING, HARD TO BELIEVE, etc. with .36 white Straight at 35m. (see same thread)

And you trying to tell me Firefly is not the way to gon on a high performance VSR? :rolleyes:

Have you ever tested these thing you are talking about?

Archived